Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korean women are beautiful
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
World Traveler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most Dave's posters are frumpy old men with Korean wives, so these issues aren't particularly revelant to them.
Fox

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

World Traveler wrote:
Most Dave's posters are frumpy old men with Korean wives, so these issues aren't particularly revelant to them.

I may be a frumpy "old" man married to a Korean woman, but the gender imbalance is still relevant in my eyes. It's bad for the country, and I actually do care about Korea as a nation. Probably not as much as the average Korean does admittedly, but still, it's been a home to me for years, may be for years to come, and I like it here, so of course I want the nation to prosper. A bad male:female ratio also reduces the fertility rate, which reduces demand for education, which stands to potentially impact anyone who teaches for a living here. And on a purely individual level, I've got some pity for the Korean fellows who lose out in the process. There are some folks here who have a "single for life" mentality, but most people want to settle down with a family.
edwardcatflap

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

It wasn't relevant to me when I was single either and the imbalance was probably worse among people of marriagable age back then. Come on, If you really can't overcome a ten to eight ratio here, Thailand and the Philippines are a few hours away. On a wider scale, I'd like to pretend that, like Fox, I really care about the affect of gender imbalance on this place but I'd probably be kidding myself.

In my personal experience with adult students I meet the oddest looking, socially inept guys of marriagable age on a daily basis but they all seem to be married. Strangely I seem to meet quite a few presentable females of the same age who aren't.

By the way 'frumpy' is used to talk about women normally isn't it? I'll accept the other two.
World Traveler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but this is Korea (where men wear lipstick, eyeliner, and other makeup), so maybe the term applies.
Fox

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edwardcatflap wrote:
By the way 'frumpy' is used to talk about women normally isn't it? I'll accept the other two.

I thought that as well, but glancing at a few online dictionaries quickly I saw that while the primary meaning seems to refer to women, gender-neutral meanings (e.g. "2. a dull, old-fashioned person") also popped up in several.

I think I could probably be fairly characterized as "old fashioned."
jazzmaster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the girls in Korea are on average good looking, I find their personalities to be below average.
The amount of times I've asked about hobbies or interests only to be met with a confused glance is far too many. Answers like "sleeping" make me cringe. That's one notch about "breathing".
byrddogs

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox wrote:
I think I could probably be fairly characterized as "old fashioned."

That would definitely be a fair assessment, if not an understatement.
hellofaniceguy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The majority of korean women are great looking; look at all the war paint they wear! They spend hours painting up their faces...when they wash it off...you will be hard pressed to recognize her!
I have seen a few korean women who don't wear make-up and are stunning!
I guess the same can be said of most women...
but it's one thing I know...just because they may look beautiful...but many of you have been disappointed when it comes time to take the relationship to the next level! Beauty turns out to be duds!
KimchiNinja

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jazzmaster wrote:
The amount of times I've asked about hobbies or interests only to be met with a confused glance is far too many. Answers like "sleeping" make me cringe.

LOL, that's true. Only in KR would someone answer that question totally sincerely with "sleeping".

But they smell like garlic, and that's hot.
El Bandito

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KimchiNinja wrote:
jazzmaster wrote:
The amount of times I've asked about hobbies or interests only to be met with a confused glance is far too many. Answers like "sleeping" make me cringe.

LOL, that's true. Only in KR would someone answer that question totally sincerely with "sleeping".

Or their hobby is "watching TV"
cabeza

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KimchiNinja wrote:
jazzmaster wrote:

The Japanese use that line even more often. That ws the first place I came across it.
edwardcatflap

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EFL students use that line the world over to get out of having to talk about what they do in their free time. And because they think it's clever/funny.
jvalmer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Responses like 'sleeping', 'gaming', and 'eating' are just them being too lazy to tell you what they really do. Or they just don't want to tell you. Or, that their English just isn't good enough to tell you what they really did.
Mix1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cabeza wrote:
KimchiNinja wrote:
jazzmaster wrote:

The Japanese use that line even more often. That ws the first place I came across it.

Which line? The garlic one? Laughing

I'll try it sometime. "You smell like garlic, and that's hot."

Seriously though, the garlic smell can almost shut down a make-out session sometimes, and I like garlic as much as anyone.
Sector7G

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mix1 wrote:

Seriously though, the garlic smell can almost shut down a make-out session sometimes, and I like garlic as much as anyone.
Because you leave her on the sofa to seek out the garlic smell?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 7 of 12

Jump to: