Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Female Yoga Masta Doin some Student Body Adjustments

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smaug the Golden

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Female Yoga Masta Doin some Student Body Adjustments Reply with quote

So I am at my Yoga Place. And yoga in Korea is really good and before you talk trash try doing some of those trunk football type gravity poses and then call me a girl.

Right so I like the Yoga teacher Female Korean lady she is very very good at yoga and knows how to teach. But, she does weird stuff in my opinion. Maybe this is a cultural Korean thing or maybe not. You tell me if you did Yoga over in the West. I did, and the Yoga teacher was not so comfy putting her hands all over me and others.

Ok I do not mind her pressing on my butt or even my legs. And she has not ever ever touched my groin area. But, today we were laying on our backs. the idea is you rest all the weight on your mid body. You lift up your legs and upper trunk. You form a kind of curve like a rocking horse. She was saying how to have our legs straight and off the ground. She goes around and has her hand in a kind of straight blade shape. she runs her hand between the legs of students. this is the weird part that freaked me out. She ran her hand between the knees kind of like her hand was splitting them like a knife so the knees do not touch. Then she ran her hand along the upper leg of this lady and kind of sawed right on the area were she would be moving a baby out of. The lady said nothing. It was very strange. I never ever saw a Yoga lady do that in the West. She did not say any Korean lingo on that autonomy part either just talking about leg position.

Is that strange or normal? Did that ever happen to you at an LA yoga place or something? Anyway noone said anything about it that I could tell but still seemed strange to me.

I am not at all making this up. But, maybe it is a good example about how Korean ladies are comfortable around each other. You know- scrub each others backs naked in the spa and all that too. Although I never observed that myself. But, I do not think that is done in western saunas- I don't know maybe in some Girls's CAL State Lacrosse locker rooms? I have no idea never seen that before either.
ThingsComeAround

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adjustments are normal depending on the style of yoga you are doing. I've practiced and got adjusted, she is doing it to make sure you execute the postures correctly.

Or she could be a freak. I've seen some "yoga masters" enjoying the free love hippie communal sex lifestyle too. Wink
Smaug the Golden

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I mean I guess a bit of hands on coaching is ok in yoga. But she had her hand like finger pointed down in a salute knife shape. she was going around wedging it in peoples legs. I looked straight ahead of me at the lady. and she is sawing legs a bit apart. then she goes all the way up between this lady and is rubbing her inner thy and then ummmm the area where those split... looked really really strange to me... She is a woman so I am not mad she pushes on my butt at all. But if I was a lady or she was a guy and was hand sawing in my special-place-teach-your-kid-not-ok-area-for-anyone-else I would be mad.
Hokie21

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smaug the Golden wrote:
yeah I mean I guess a bit of hands on coaching is ok in yoga. But she had her hand like finger pointed down in a salute knife shape. she was going around wedging it in peoples legs. I looked straight ahead of me at the lady. and she is sawing legs a bit apart. then she goes all the way up between this lady and is rubbing her inner thy and then ummmm the area where those split... looked really really strange to me... She is a woman so I am not mad she pushes on my butt at all. But if I was a lady or she was a guy and was hand sawing in my special-place-teach-your-kid-not-ok-area-for-anyone-else I would be mad.

You're in a bit of a drought eh?
KimchiNinja

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Female Yoga Masta Doin some Student Body Adjustments Reply with quote

Smaug the Golden wrote:
But, she does weird stuff in my opinion. Maybe this is a cultural Korean thing or maybe not. You tell me if you did Yoga over in the West. I did, and the Yoga teacher was not so comfy putting her hands all over me and others.

Yeah the hot Korean yoga chick touched me too, but not in the West.

I'm fine with it.
Smaug the Golden

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok well I guess it is a cultural thing then- yoga teachers here are more corrective... so the lesson here then is if you like yoga you can do it in korea and get your butt pushed by the teacher but in the west they will not touch your but so maybe do not od it there if that is your main interest - I am there for the good back and shoulder workout for a longterm health though,,, but I think it is kind of funny - but I would be mad if she was sawing on my groin area with her hand...
KimchiNinja

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smaug the Golden wrote:
but I would be mad if she was sawing on my groin area with her hand...

I'd be okay with that too. Cool
wanderkind

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was the only dude in my yoga classes here in Korea. The teacher was very hands-on with all the women (not with me, unsurprisingly), putting her weight on them to push them further into stretches and adjusting position and whatnot. I never saw her get as in anyone's business as you described, but in general (also drawing from martial arts environments here) it sounds like an example of Koreans generally being more comfortable with closeness than foreigners. In the same vein as 'skinship'.
Lucas

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judging by how this incident has improved your writing style, maybe you should just ask her for a full on hand job? Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: