Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dennis Rodman is back in North Korea
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jvalmer wrote:
Leon wrote:
You can find it in the link I previously posted, also, as a precondition to rejoining the 6 party talks Kim Jong Il made it a precondition that the money that was seized in the Banco Delta Asia case be returned and that the Illicit Activities Initiative was ended, which was the stupidest thing that could have been done, especially because we know how trustworthy NK is when it comes to honoring nuclear weapons agreements.

Maybe another source that more independent than the link you have, since its objectiveness is questionable.

Just love the double standard saying how NK has all this propaganda, yet you take your link as fact...

Nope, because the person who writes that blog is top quality and I know that if used it there is a high chance it is legitimate. That isn't a double standard, it is indisputable that NK uses propaganda on a massive scale, it is not the case for my source. Also note that my case didn't depend entirely on that one quote. Kim Jong IL refusing to return to the 6 party talks unless the illicit activities initiative is undisputable fact, as is North Korea depending on foreign banks to launder money from illicit activities, as is the fact that when the IAI was in place they were turned away from their previous sanctuaries. The fact that a very large part of their economy is based on crime is not disputed, nor is their need for access to financial markets.
I'm With You

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cosmic Hum wrote:
Chaparrastique wrote:
Smithington wrote:
I just watched his interview with CNN. Does he have some sort of brain injury? Can basketball players suffer from the "boxing" phenomenon of being knocked about once too often. I don't imagine they can, but Rodman sounds mildly retarded in this interview. He can't even speak coherently. Not being a basketball fan (or a sports fan) I don't recall ever hearing him speak in the past. Has he always sounded so unintelligent?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRpdZ9K4LIg

Oversized men, particularly blacks, often sound like daleks.

Because their vocal chords grow too big.

Not sure it is the quality of his voice that is being commented on.
More the fact that he talks like a brain-dead asshole.

Rodman has been acting like a guy who has emotional and substance abuse issues. His voice reminds of those who use opiates.

Besides that, he's acting like an idiot in front of the camera.
Leon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/01/24/u-s-investigating-dennis-rodman-for-busting-sanctions.html

"Dennis Rodman was already having a rotten month, between the trip to rehab and the global condemnation for cozying up to a dictator. Now things may be about to get much worse. The U.S. Treasury Department is investigating whether he violated the law that prohibits the importing of luxury goods into North Korea.

On his third and most recent trip to Pyongyang this month, Rodman reportedly brought several gifts for the young Kim’s 31st birthday. They allegedly included hundreds of dollars’ worth of Irish Jameson whiskey, European crystal, an Italian suit, a fur coat, and an English Mulberry handbag for Kim’s wife, Ri Sol-ju.

But these gifts, reportedly worth more than $10,000, may not have been all. Michael Spavor, a Beijing-based consultant who facilitated and joined Rodman’s trip, tweeted a photo of Rodman apparently displaying several bottles of his own brand “Bad Ass Vodka” for Kim Jong Un and his wife.

These gifts could be more than tasteless. They could also put Rodman in legal jeopardy. They appear to be violations of United Nations Security Council Resolutions 1718, adopted in 2006, and UNSCR 2094, adopted in 2013."

I am very much in favor of this.
I'm With You

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leon wrote:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/01/24/u-s-investigating-dennis-rodman-for-busting-sanctions.html

"Dennis Rodman was already having a rotten month, between the trip to rehab and the global condemnation for cozying up to a dictator. Now things may be about to get much worse. The U.S. Treasury Department is investigating whether he violated the law that prohibits the importing of luxury goods into North Korea.

On his third and most recent trip to Pyongyang this month, Rodman reportedly brought several gifts for the young Kim’s 31st birthday. They allegedly included hundreds of dollars’ worth of Irish Jameson whiskey, European crystal, an Italian suit, a fur coat, and an English Mulberry handbag for Kim’s wife, Ri Sol-ju.

But these gifts, reportedly worth more than $10,000, may not have been all. Michael Spavor, a Beijing-based consultant who facilitated and joined Rodman’s trip, tweeted a photo of Rodman apparently displaying several bottles of his own brand “Bad Ass Vodka” for Kim Jong Un and his wife.

These gifts could be more than tasteless. They could also put Rodman in legal jeopardy. They appear to be violations of United Nations Security Council Resolutions 1718, adopted in 2006, and UNSCR 2094, adopted in 2013."

I am very much in favor of this.

The U.S. Government should put its boot on Rodman's neck.

He's an asshole.
Chaparrastique

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baby Kim is also falling out with Rodman I believe.

if you look at the body language, Kim Jnr does not look directly at Rodman and his whole demeanour seems to be saying 'how can I get rid of this guy?'.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: