Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

An unbiased assesment - Is Korea pulling out of EFL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
World Traveler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't cry to the mods. I didn't contact them at all. I just changed the title so I could repost in the thread again and get decent answers. (I was hoping you wouldn't troll that as well.)

About personal attacks, I guess I just believe in bullying bullies back. If someone insults me, I'll respond with something equally rude in attempt to get them to go away. Ignoring bullies usually doesn't work.

(You have absolutely no life, so you will go on forever. Maybe there's nothing I can do about that. Crying or Very sad )
crescent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

World Traveler wrote:
I didn't cry to the mods. I didn't contact them at all. I just changed the title so I could repost in the thread again and get decent answers. (I was hoping you wouldn't troll that as well.)

LOL! You changed the thread title to "ATTN: MODS: TOS VIOLATION AND FLAMEBAIT STARRING CRESENT"
I had a good laugh over that. And you call me petty and small?

Quote:
About personal attacks, I guess I just believe in bullying bullies back. If someone insults me, I'll respond with something equally rude in attempt to get them to go away. Ignoring bullies usually doesn't work.

Except, I didn't bully you on this thread. And for the record, yes, ignoring internet insults works very well.

Quote:
(You have absolutely no life, so you will go on forever. Maybe there's nothing I can do about that. Crying or Very sad )

Um, so this insult means I'm still bullying you? As for no life, have you checked your daily post count? How about mine?
World Traveler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That wasn't the exact title. Yes, you are a bully. You follow me around with insults in every thread. You have thousands of posts. Mine are higher quality/more informative than yours. (Very few people enjoy reading the crap you post.)
crescent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

World Traveler wrote:
That wasn't the exact title. Yes, you are a bully. You follow me around with insults in every thread. You have thousands of posts. Mine are higher quality than yours. (Very few people enjoy reading the crap you post.)

LOL! You are not afraid to be dishonest at all are you. The question was, am I continuing to bully you on this thread to justify these continued 'retribution' attacks? And again, if you're going to accuse me of following you around in EVERY THREAD insulting you, then prove it.
If you send me a PM proving this point I will publicly apologise to you. Prove I insult you on every thread you post on..

As for the exact thread title: Now you want to worm out of being a worm? All caps were used and the keywords "MODS", "TOS VIOLATION", "DRUGS DISCUSSION" and "STARRING CRESENT" were used.

You weren't trying to get the attention of the mods?

Here's your post count. This is why I said you had trouble learning Korean earlier on this thread. I already explained that but you want to paint it as an insult. It's not an insult. It's an observation. You know, like the amount of Canadians on Daves.
World Traveler: Join date May 2009: Posts 2381
Crescent: Join date Jan.2003: Posts 2141

Anything else I can help you with?
World Traveler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two thousand plus good posts (universally relevant, informative, interesting, cogent, pertinent, etc.) are better than two thousand plus bad posts (vapid, nitpicking, petty, flaming, insulting, irrelevant, mind numbing, etc.). That is all that matters.

Try to make posts in the first category. That is my challenge to you.
crescent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

World Traveler wrote:
Two thousand plus good posts (universally relevant, informative, interesting, cogent, pertinent, etc.) are better than two thousand plus bad posts (vapid, nitpicking, petty, flaming, insulting, irrelevant, mind numbing, etc.). That is all that matters.

Try to make posts in the first category. That is my challenge to you.

Haha! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
I think you need another poll because you've proven many time in this thread that you can't trust your own judgement.

Come on, take a poll. It will surprise you.
World Traveler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one's proved anything (certainly not you).

Go ahead and make two polls if you care enough. Otherwise, shut up about it.
crescent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

World Traveler wrote:
No one's proved anything (certainly not you).

Go ahead and make two polls if you care enough. Otherwise, shut up about it.

I didn't make any claims. You did and you are continuing to make unsubstantiated claims so why are you asking me to be quiet? I've disproved yours and I'm happy to keep engaging you as long as you like in a discussion you labeled 'stupid'. Hopefully one of these insightful; posts you refer to will materialise.
But I'll be leaving for my private soon, so whichever comes first.

Oh oh! Are you going to report me for a TOS violation again?

Last edited by crescent on Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
World Traveler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not and I never did.

Make the damn polls if you think you will win on that. Put up or shut up. (You disproved nothing so far. If you think you can, try your luck.)

Crescent, people have complimented my posts on here before. No one has ever said that about you though. Take that in and think about it.

If you think what your are posting on here is good, it's not. You're in the same league as transmogrifier (thread derailing insults, little to no insight, etc.).
crescent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, I'm not the one telling others how great my posts are. I really don't care what people think of me here. You do. Your self esteem depends on it. You need to know people will listen to you. That's why you post so much and its why you twist things around and call the mods attention when things don't go your way. "People always tell me that I'm smart". "People complement me here". "I know this" "I know that" . Nonsense.

I see someone posting ignorance, and I'm direct when I reply. You happen to post a lot of ignorant things. Not my fault.
If you're so respected here, and this discussion is so useless then take a few seconds to make a poll instead of giving me your BS and prolonging it.

As for making claims on this thread:

World Traveler wrote:
Posters on Dave's are more likely to be Canadian than any other nationality. People talk about their homes in Canada and bash the U.S. as a bad place. Also, they often list Canada as their location. Why would people be lying about that (and more than the other way around)? It seems highly unlikely.

World Traveler wrote:
You're a United States hating Canadian loser with an inferiority complex. You're still mad I said the U.S. economy dwarfs Canada's (which is true) so you follow me around in ever thread trying to insult me

Both have yet to be substantiated with proof. You can't do it so you've focused on nonsense in order to get this thread deleted. You want me to go away?
Prove your claims and I will.
Stain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you two just meet in person and get it over with? The winner of the argument is the one still standing.

Last edited by Stain on Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
World Traveler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey dumdum (crescent). Your posts suck. I never asked the mods for help. Only once I changed a thread title, partially as a joke I guess. I regret that. I wish it wasn't deleted. It was a good read. (Except for your vapid crap.) Are you sure you don't care? You sure are posting a lot in this thread. I care about you because you pollute the forum and make it a worse place. I don't want to have to read your crap and I hope others will not be subjected to it as well.

You're a Canadian who loves America? You expect me to believe that? You sure don't give that impression from your posts.

When I said Canadians, males, lifers, older people, and those married to Koreans are disproportionately represented on Dave's, I was absolutely correct.

For a specific breakdown of 2014 numbers, well, how do you know for sure? I guess we need a poll.

Also the main posters who post the most are Canadians (and if you think that is not correct, make a list of names longer than the one I made) but I can't even see why that matters anymore.
crescent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. It's spelled "Dumbdumb". But kudos on learning how to spell crescent.
2. I'm posting in response to your claims which have yet to ve proven. We've been through this 3 time snow. Prove them and I'll apologise and leave..
3. Never said I love America.
4. Your original claim was already quoted.

Still waiting for this quality you speak of. All i see are continued insults for no reason.
To prove I don't care what people think, the next response will be PM. Odd you never though t of that, isn't it?
Captain Corea

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

World Traveler wrote:
Captain Corea wrote:
Ok, but now that you've seen polls asking about Nationalities on this board, do you now think your observations/conclusions may be skewed due to personal feelings?

Here's my originally claim. (The poll doesn't no disprove that.)
Captain Corea wrote:
World Traveler wrote:
Canadians, lifers, those married to a Korean (with an F-visa obtained through the marriage), and males are all disproportionately represented on Dave's. I don't see how anyone could argue otherwise.

Again, other than just your casual observations… got any proof?

Canadians on Dave's post at a greater rate than Americans I think. Think about the people who post a lot: Captain Corea, The Urban Myth, alongway, PatrickGHBusan, cresent, etc. All Canadian. Now think about posters from the U.S. who post that often. Only zyzyfer and steelrails. I can't think of anyone else.

Actually, this is the one I responded to:

World Traveler wrote:
Posters on Dave's are more likely to be Canadian than any other nationality. People talk about their homes in Canada and bash the U.S. as a bad place. Also, they often list Canada as their location. Why would people be lying about that (and more than the other way around)? It seems highly unlikely.

Canadians, lifers, those married to a Korean (with an F-visa obtained through the marriage), and males are all disproportionately represented on Dave's. I don't see how anyone could argue otherwise.

Again, I ask for something to back this up. Some proof to substantiate your claim. Others have posted polls. And while not necessarily accurate, it's more than you've offered.

As far as i can recall from looking at E2 stats years back, the US was first, then Canada (not far behind), then… others. The polls linked earlier follow a similar pattern to the E2 numbers I saw over those years.
I'm With You

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the topic of this thread?

I've completely forgotten!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: