Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Weirdest Thing You've Witnessed in Korea
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Who's Your Daddy?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The elevator stops and in struts a middle age man. He's got his chest puffed up and holding his head high. Clearly he feels "I own this elevator."

That's weird to me, and I think we've all seen it.
Stan Rogers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worked at a hogwon and had a new roomate who arrived at the apartment with a suitcase full of whiskey bottles. He used to get so wasted each night and spent hours screaming at various pieces of furniture around the apartment.

He got fired and kicked out of the apt 5 days later. Thank God.
maitaidads

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nate1983 wrote:
maitaidads wrote:
A couple of years ago, I snuck into an abandoned love motel at the base of Walker Hill. All the furniture, phones, sheets, etc were intact from the lobby to the rooms, but they were all covered in a massive layer of dust.
I wanted some sort of souvenir, so I crept down the pitch black hallway and came to the last room, which was the only one to have the door closed. I thought something interesting might be in there, so I gathered my nerves and kicked in the door FBI-style.
I was immediately met with incoherent demon shrieking. I didn't even get a look at the person, but ran the length of the motel and jumped through the broken glass side door, taking out a few of the shards like a stuntman. Ran down the hill and didn't look back.

Weirdest thing you've witnessed, not weirdest thing you've done.

Ok- being in a filthy basement bar where the toilet was a 5 gallon paint bucket in a closet. The adjumma bartender then hauled it up to the street and dumped it after it was suitably filled.
KimchiNinja

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crescent wrote:
KimchiNinja wrote:

Now if we change the topic to the USA, man have I got some stories! I went down to get coffee one morning and there was a homeless and/or drug addict woman in the streets asking at the top of her lungs "can I have a quarter, I need to buy a tampon!!!!". And that's not even weird, for the USA, that's just any normal day in the city.

Koreans don't behave in that disgraceful uncouth way thankfully.

That reminds me.
Not once, but on two different occasions, I've seen women walking in front of me wearing white pants with a noticeable stain of blood centred in the lower crotch region. Too bad they didn't ask anyone for tampons.

LOL, seriously? That's really wrong. You could probably take a photo and get them to pay ~$10M won, or else you release it on the internet.
ThingsComeAround

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a dinner with some friendly teachers in Paju we drove back home and passed two men, presumably a taxi driver and his passenger, urinating together on the side of the road.

Leaving Hapkido class and being followed home by a special-needs individual who was (1) a black belt and (2) larger than me. I eventually ended up quitting the school because that dude never kept his distance Shocked

Frequenting Gogos in Hongdae and seeing a girl there who wore the same boots and short-shorts EVERY WEEKEND. She found a new friends to leave with too. Gross.

My school used to be next to a recycling center, and one of the old dudes came out and started friendly chat, then out of nowhere he grabs my junk. Curious to see if foreign men are packing meat, I suppose.
augustine

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lived in Mapo when I first arrived and used to always see this freaky Frankenstein looking ajossi walking around the neighborhood. I probably hadn't been there more than a month at the time but around midnight one evening I found myself about 30 m behind him on a side street as I was walking home. He veered to the right and I didn't have the angle to see what was going on until I was pretty much at the spot. I didn't know if he lived there or what at the time, so I lost it when I approached the spot and glanced to the right to see this crazy dude with his pants around his ankles, literally taking a squat dump on the front doormat of the apartment building that was there, glaring up at me with his twisted face, the whole scene illuminated by the motion sensor light. Of course, I saw that guy almost every day after that until I moved a few months later.
jazzmaster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw an elderly man looking out the window of Sindeabang station while jerking it.

Saw another younger guy hiding between parked cars while jerking it.

A mentally disabled guy came up to me on the train and told me to buy him juice.

An adjussi randomly slapped me on the head once.

I saw a bus driver get into a fist fight with a car driver in Hongdae once.

My friend saw a couple having sex in the bank atm area late at night.

There are more but I'm struggling to remember them.
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jazzmaster wrote:
I saw an elderly man looking out the window of Sindeabang station while jerking it.

Saw another younger guy hiding between parked cars while jerking it.

My weird stuff is rather tame, but I have heard from women about stories of guys jerking off around them. Dudes can be pretty bold about it, too.

I once saw a dude pissing directly into the road. Busy street, highly visible. At least it wasn't at 11 am haha
jcd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not the weirdest, but most recent.
Father skiing pretty fast while carry a small baby.
FriendlyDaegu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A deranged old man hopped in the back seat of my car as I was going around to the front after dinner. I threw him out and he immediately hopped in the front seat on top of my wife.. Then I really threw him out and pinned him down. When a crowd gathered I released him and he jumped in the back of a moving bongo truck and started throwing the tools out. Finally the cops came and took him in.

Now the wife is making get a new car.. in mine you can't lock the doors from the passenger side.
cazzy3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few weeks ago at 6am, I was walking my dog and some guy is screaming in the middle of the street trying to stop the traffic. When the cars stopped, he began kicking their cars. He tries it with a taxi driver who then proceeds to get out, drag the guy to the curb and beat the living shit out of him.
Janny

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

KimchiNinja wrote:

Now if we change the topic to the USA, man have I got some stories! I went down to get coffee one morning and there was a homeless and/or drug addict woman in the streets asking at the top of her lungs "can I have a quarter, I need to buy a tampon!!!!". And that's not even weird, for the USA, that's just any normal day in the city.

Koreans don't behave in that disgraceful uncouth way thankfully.
Quote:

That reminds me.
Not once, but on two different occasions, I've seen women walking in front of me wearing white pants with a noticeable stain of blood centred in the lower crotch region. Too bad they didn't ask anyone for tampons.

LOL, seriously? That's really wrong. You could probably take a photo and get them to pay ~$10M won, or else you release it on the internet.

Do shut up, please.
SeoulNate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EZE wrote:
Not the strangest thing, but it happened this evening so it's very fresh on my mind.

At least once a month, I like to stroll along the sidewalk at Jongno 3 ga on the exit 1 side to see if any of the dozens of jewelry shops have any interesting coins, since coin collecting is my favorite hobby. This evening, I was doing my thing when I sort of noticed an old lady on the sidewalk staring at me. I thought something was off about it, but my only two thoughts were that I guess I do look unique even for a foreigner, but to be extra vigilant about my wallet, since a person shopping for gold and who can't even communicate with police would be a logical target for pickpocketing.

When I made it to the corner just before the Jongmyo shrine, I turned around, since that's the last jewelry shop. There was the same granny walking in the same direction I had been walking. I avoided eye contact with her, but as I passed her, she went "Pssst!" I guess a mixture of curiosity and sympathy for the elderly caused me to stop and see what she needed. She asked, "Motel?" I thought she was homeless and was asking for money to get a motel room. I feel like I get scammed by too many people who ask for money, but it was so cold out there I figured I could at least give her a little just in case she was legitimately in need. So I asked her, "How much do you need?" She held up four fingers. I paused as I decided I would give her whatever blue notes were in my front pocket. Noticing my hesitation she said, "Sex."

So it ended up she was a streetwalker twice my age. As I turned around to leave, I noticed a guy standing still, watching us. I don't know if he was a curious bystander, her pimp, or a plainclothes policeman. It made me glad I didn't pull out any money. Perhaps it was a sting where I could've been arrested and deported for paying geriatric prostitutes.

lol I highly doubt this was a sting. Frankly, if you walk in that area much I'm surprised that it hasnt happened to you before.

The park right there is on the news practically every month for police crack downs on elderly prostitution. I've been solicited there half a dozen times by women who could be my grandmother. While it is funny on the surface, the situation is sad as hell. Korea can't support their elderly so they turn to prostitution.
Dude Love

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

Once on the subway a very young man who claimed to be a pastor started screaming curse words at me because I wouldn't give him my phone number or tell him where I was going (ironically, Church). What a great way to win converts.
duhweecher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a friend who went to a very straight jimjirlbang in Gangnam and saw a white guy giving a drunk Korean a BJ. The Korean dude woke up yelling and the white guy ran (apparently he didn't bother to even take off his clothes at all).

Last edited by duhweecher on Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: