Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where to buy GoPro Cameras and accessories?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spike

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: Where to buy GoPro Cameras and accessories? Reply with quote

The sites I've look at all say different things.

Does anyone have any ideas? Are the prices MUCH higher than they would be in the West?

Gracias.
optik404

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen them at Yongsan
wishfullthinkng

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gmarket
guavashake

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've checked the Liquid Image Ego camera at a store.

I watched a couple of reviews, but haven't seen a comparison between Go Pro and Liquid Image Ego.

Has anyone compared the two brands?
yellowdove

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny story, my husband bought one off of Amazon but it wouldn't ship here, so he sent it to his parents house so they could send it to him. It got lost in the mail, so he ended up buying one at Hi Mart at the Jamsil Lotte World location.

It was a lot more expensive in Korea (599,000 won, which is $200 more than Amazon and Best Buy) for the Hero 3+ Black, but we wanted it for our Cambodia Christmas trip so we were kind of impatient.

If you're really interested in it, I would get someone to mail it to you from home. It would be cheaper even with the shipping.

If you want to buy it here, we just saw it at Home Plus as well yesterday, all three of the latest versions (Black, White, and Silver).
wishfullthinkng

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you buy it in america for example and get it shipped you get an american spec power plug and no warantee support in korea.

the one good thing about paying a premium for korean electronics is that the after service tends to be leagues better than that in other countries. instead of shipping the gopro back to the manufacturer and getting if fixed and waiting for it to be shipped back which could take weeks, you just go to the nearest A/S center and get it fixed in an hour.
yellowdove

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never thought about the services provided here in Korea... that does sound enticing. I'm kind of glad we got our camera here instead then!

And yes, it does come with the Korean power plug, but my husband and I have never really been worried about the power differences as we have two converter boxes (the really big ones) AND brought a power strip from home. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: