Site Search:
 
TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Official Rob Ford Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Stan Rogers



Joined: 20 Aug 2010

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Rob Ford. He's not a thief. He hasn't been charged with a crime let alone convicted of one. His policies are popular with many in TO.

I don't care about what he does in his free time. Its none of my business.

Most of the people who have a problem with his personal life are hypocrites.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harpeau



Joined: 01 Feb 2003
Location: In Hannam-dong, Seoul.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some think that Rob Ford has done a lot to uproot corruption in the political world...I wonder if that's true?

FWIW, As a Canadian, I've been in Korea for almost 17 years. I identify myself as an internationalist. (I think Einstein was a bit like that as well.) Lines drawn on the ground are completely artificial. I am a simple loving earthling. Nothing more and nothing less. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Ralph Winfield



Joined: 23 Apr 2013

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scorpion wrote:
I'm With You wrote:
Canada is really just a part of the United States, but the government doesn't want them to know that.


Education fail. Logic fail. Reality fail. Where'd you get your degree? The Ann Coulter School of Uneducated Blather? or Rush Limbaugh Center for Ignorance as a Virtue.

You're an embarassment.


Smile Him funny!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stain



Joined: 08 Jan 2014

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harpeau wrote:
Some think that Rob Ford has done a lot to uproot corruption in the political world...I wonder if that's true?

FWIW, As a Canadian, I've been in Korea for almost 17 years. I identify myself as an internationalist. (I think Einstein was a bit like that as well.) Lines drawn on the ground are completely artificial. I am a simple loving earthling. Nothing more and nothing less. Very Happy



What's your opinion, was Korea better back then or is it better now?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ginormousaurus



Joined: 27 Jul 2006
Location: 700 Ft. Pulpit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

young_clinton wrote:
We put Canada (much like all of Western Europe) under our umbrella of protection and what do we get for it?


What did you want for it? The US (like all countries) does what's in its own best interests first and foremost.

As a pro-America Canadian, I'm very happy to benefit from the sphere of American interests. eg. trading interests, military, energy, protection of shipping lanes, etc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stain



Joined: 08 Jan 2014

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ginormousaurus wrote:
young_clinton wrote:
We put Canada (much like all of Western Europe) under our umbrella of protection and what do we get for it?


What did you want for it? The US (like all countries) does what's in its own best interests first and foremost.

As a pro-America Canadian, I'm very happy to benefit from the sphere of American interests. eg. trading interests, military, energy, protection of shipping lanes, etc.



I'm sorry guys, but this is deviating from the original deviated topic of this thread: Rob Ford.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ginormousaurus



Joined: 27 Jul 2006
Location: 700 Ft. Pulpit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Ford doesn't disappoint. Today he's been accused of ordering a viscious jailhouse beat down on his sister's ex.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/01/29/rob-ford-named-in-claim-of-vicious-jailhouse-assault-by-his-sisters-ex-boyfriend/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
young_clinton



Joined: 09 Sep 2009

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"But that dirty little coward that shot Mr. Howard has laid poor Jesse in his grave"

http://www.wildwestweb.net/jessejames.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
I'm With You



Joined: 01 Sep 2011

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's great.

Extremely entertaining.

I welcome more episodes of the Rob Ford story in Toronto.

Go Canada!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
No_hite_pls



Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Location: Don't hate me because I'm right

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg7p3eLW3s0

This is awesome! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
I'm With You



Joined: 01 Sep 2011

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No_hite_pls wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg7p3eLW3s0

This is awesome! Laughing Laughing Laughing


That's hilarious!

Go Mayor Ford!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stain



Joined: 08 Jan 2014

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm With You wrote:
No_hite_pls wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg7p3eLW3s0

This is awesome! Laughing Laughing Laughing


That's hilarious!

Go Mayor Ford!


What is everybody's take on the Yuna Kim fiasco?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


This page is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Contact Dave's ESL Cafe
Copyright © 2013 Dave Sperling. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International