Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teacher slaps 4 year old because of unfinished Kimchi.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mayorgc

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:56 pm    Post subject: Teacher slaps 4 year old because of unfinished Kimchi. Reply with quote

http://www.allkpop.com/buzz/2015/01/shocking-cctv-shows-teacher-slapping-a-4-year-old-student-for-not-finishing-her-kimchi

Quote:
On January 13, KBS News reported that the Incheon police is investigating a 33-year-old childcare teacher at an Incheon day care facility for physically assaulting a 4-year-old as punishment for not eating her kimchi. The surveillance video of the incident was also released, shocking viewers at the horrifying footage.

After watching the CCTV footage, the parents of the 4-year-old child commented, "I was at a loss for words when I saw that. Even a grown person would have flown into the air if they were hit like that."

After further investigation into the matter, the police revealed that the teacher had assaulted the child as a disciplinary action for not finishing her kimchi.

In the video, the viewers are able to hear the people grunt in shock as they watch the CCTV footage of the professor taking a full swing at the child. Other kids at the daycare are also seen in the footage, frozen in shock, watching their fellow student being assaulted.

The 4-year-old's parents suspect that this wasn't the first time this had occurred. They said, "This wasn't just a one-time thing. Kids wouldn't want to go to daycare. They would start crying in front of [the daycare]."

Netizens who came across the news commented in rage, even going so far as to reveal the daycare center's address. One commenter wrote, "They must be imprisoned immediately and be given severe punishment. I'm saying 20 years in prison. When I saw the news, I finished one bottle of soju by myself. She's a devil."

Meanwhile, the police will further investigate the case and secure more footage from the daycare's CCTV to see if there are any more incidents like the one above.

I hope this news spreads, so that this never ever happens again, anywhere in the world. This is not to bash Korea.
cmxc

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:34 pm    Post subject: Korean childcare barbarity Reply with quote

That video brought me to tears. The sheer barbarity of many Korean adults in regard to the use of violence toward children makes me sick.

What is even sicker is that this is far from an isolated case. Just last month there was another sensational video of a Korean daycare worker abusing a child under her care:
Child Abuse Caught on CCTV in Incheon Daycare Center
http://www.koreabang.com/2014/videos/child-abuse-caught-on-cctv-in-incheon-daycare-center.html

Koreans act shocked when Korean kids bully others to the point of driving them to suicide. They also act shocked regarding the violent used against recruits in the military, etc. However, violence toward children has been rampant in this country and it continues. Just visit any Math hagwon in the prestigious daechi-dong area and see how they treat students who do not finish their homework.

In Korea, lives don't matter, especially young lives, as can be seen given what happened last year on the Sewol ferry. Nothing has been done to improve safety since that tragedy.

What makes me more sick are all the apologists that will rush to defend Korea by pointing out that in the US or other Western countries, child abuse also happens. Yes, it does, but not on the systematic scale it does in Korea and in other countries, when it is discovered, there are severe consequences. In Korea, it just another day at the kiddie care center when children are beaten or subject to other abuses.
wishfullthinkng

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Korean childcare barbarity Reply with quote

cmxc wrote:
That video brought me to tears. The sheer barbarity of many Korean adults in regard to the use of violence toward children makes me sick.

What is even sicker is that this is far from an isolated case. Just last month there was another sensational video of a Korean daycare worker abusing a child under her care:
http://www.koreabang.com/2014/videos/child-abuse-caught-on-cctv-in-incheon-daycare-center.html

Koreans act shocked when Korean kids bully others to the point of driving them to suicide. They also act shocked regarding the violent used against recruits in the military, etc. However, violence toward children has been rampant in this country and it continues. Just visit any Math hagwon in the prestigious daechi-dong area and see how they treat students who do not finish their homework.

In Korea, lives don't matter, especially young lives, as can be seen given what happened last year on the Sewol ferry. Nothing has been done to improve safety since that tragedy.

What makes me more sick are all the apologists that will rush to defend Korea by pointing out that in the US or other Western countries, child abuse also happens. Yes, it does, but not on the systematic scale it does in Korea and in other countries, when it is discovered, there are severe consequences. In Korea, it just another day at the kiddie care center when children are beaten or subject to other abuses.

lol.

you don't seem to know what you are talking about. while i agree that what this supposed "guardian" did to her daycare child is absolutely awful, your rant couldn't be farther from the truth. bad people are universal and if you want to try and make bold claims you should probably check the stats first, while not perfect, are compiled by people who's jobs are to research and study such things who probably are much more knowledgeable on the subject than you.

now, let's see where the oecd ranks korea in "health and safety" in the "comparative policy-focused child well-being in 30 OECD countries" table (higher the number is better, 1 being best). while korea definitely isn't the best it's not nearly as bad as other countries, even highly developed OECD countries, perhaps even one that you are from.

korea: 10

uk: 20

usa: 24

canada: 22

japan: 13

http://www.oecd.org/els/family/43570328.pdf

i'll just leave you some extra light reading materials.

http://news.discovery.com/human/psychology/us-worst-child-abuse-111023.htm

http://www.businessinsider.com/countries-worst-child-labor-risks-2012-1?op=1

http://www.allvoices.com/article/16298239

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/child-sexual-abuse-top-5-countries-highest-rates-1436162

Last edited by wishfullthinkng on Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Porksta

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Korean childcare barbarity Reply with quote

wishfullthinkng wrote:
cmxc wrote:

lol.

you don't seem to know what you are talking about. while i agree that what this supposed "guardian" did to her daycare child is absolutely awful, your rant couldn't be farther from the truth. bad people are universal and if you want to try and make bold claims you should probably check the stats first, while not perfect, are compiled by people who's jobs are to research and study such things who probably are much more knowledgeable on the subject than you.

now, let's see where the oecd ranks korea in "health and well being" in the "comparative policy-focused child well-being in 30 OECD countries" table (higher the number is better, 1 being best). while korea definitely isn't the best it's not nearly as bad as other countries, even highly developed OECD countries, perhaps even one that you are from.

korea: 10

uk: 20

usa: 24

canada: 22

japan: 13

http://www.oecd.org/els/family/43570328.pdf

i'll just leave you some extra light reading materials.

http://news.discovery.com/human/psychology/us-worst-child-abuse-111023.htm

http://www.businessinsider.com/countries-worst-child-labor-risks-2012-1?op=1

http://www.allvoices.com/article/16298239

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/child-sexual-abuse-top-5-countries-highest-rates-1436162

You mean the "health and well-being" that doesn't exist on the link you provided? Or did you mean the "child well-being" that Korea didn't report? Or did you mean the "quality of school life" that Korea didn't report on?
wishfullthinkng

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Korean childcare barbarity Reply with quote

Porksta wrote:
You mean the "health and well-being" that doesn't exist on the link you provided? Or did you mean the "child well-being" that Korea didn't report? Or did you mean the "quality of school life" that Korea didn't report on?

i meant to type "health and safety" which can easily be found in the very first table. if you had used a modicum of intelligence and matched a few numbers you could have probably figured that out on your own. anyways, i changed my original post for this typo so i don't confuse anymore of you nutty korean bashers.

and if you read the entire oecd report you will find a lot of data on child well being and school quality for korea.
Porksta

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Health and well being" is completely different from "health and safety" which is why I was unable to use a modicum of intelligence as you mentioned.
optik404

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can already see the arguement in this thread.

Sure, kids get beat all over the world, but IME, it happens more often in Korea.
cmxc

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject: moron Reply with quote

It is moronic to turn to OECD data to compare child abuse between Korea and the West.

First, in Korea, beating kids is not considered a crime! Parents, public school teachers, hagwon instructors, etc have been beating kids with impunity since Korea was founded as a nation.

Your supposed data to disprove my 'rant' only serves to reinforce that Korea abuses its children with impunity and your attempt to defend such practices makes you one sick puppy.
northway

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus. That was not what I was expecting.
wishfullthinkng

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: moron Reply with quote

cmxc wrote:
It is moronic to turn to OECD data to compare child abuse between Korea and the West.

First, in Korea, beating kids is not considered a crime! Parents, public school teachers, hagwon instructors, etc have been beating kids with impunity since Korea was founded as a nation.

Your supposed data to disprove my 'rant' only serves to reinforce that Korea abuses its children with impunity and your attempt to defend such practices makes you one sick puppy.

yes, it's moronic to turn to oecd data composed by people who are (very obviously) much smarter than you who's jobs were to create a ranking that was comparing child abuse between many different countries, including korea "and the west." lol give me a break. what's moronic was your response.

and turn on your reading comprehension champ. i stated that i agreed that the person who did the original child abuse in the article from the original post was awful and i also think that child abuse (whether it be in korea or anywhere else) is terrible. there was no defending anyone who supports or practices child abuse. the only thing happening was that i was disproving your strange and very unfactual claim that korea is the worst offender.

don't let your korea bashing mentality confuse you. my point was simply that you are wrong about korea being the worst, no if and or buts. there is absolutely no supporting child abuse in korea from my stance, that's just what you are strangely reading into this. the legality of the issue was not brought up at any point and i happen to think it should be illegal everywhere, but again, this was not the discussion at hand.

keep reaching though. Wink
jvalmer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

northway wrote:
Jesus. That was not what I was expecting.

I was expecting something worse. I got worse growing up, although the reasons for being slapped across the face was for much more sane reasons, and at a much older age like... ehem... crashing the family car while high... ehem.
Chaparrastique

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Korean childcare barbarity Reply with quote

cmxc wrote:
The sheer barbarity of many Korean adults in regard to the use of violence toward children makes me sick.

Abused children results in abusive adults. Hence all the agressive sociopaths in this country.

mcmxc wrote:

in Korea, beating kids is not considered a crime

Unless you're foreign, of course. Imagine if that incident had involved a foreign teacher?
Stan Rogers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is in the video is sickening. That monster worked at the school for over a year. I doubt the CC TV footage goes back that far. Her style of classroom management and bad temper makes me suspect that such violence happened more than once.

Where was the school owner when this violence took place? Obviously not watching the CC TV. Probably never watching the CC TV.

I feel so sorry for all the kids in that class. It's not just the physical abuse. They will definitely be psychological trauma for all the kids who watched that animal beat their friends. The kids were probably living in constant fear of her.

It makes sick to my stomach to think about it.
Cave Dweller

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That cow will probably jump off a building some time soon. All will be forgotten.
J Rock

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cave Dweller wrote:
That cow will probably jump off a building some time soon. All will be forgotten.

I'd be happy to give her a nudge.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: