Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Harold Ramis is dead

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
On the other hand

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Harold Ramis is dead Reply with quote

Quote:
Harold Ramis, an actor, director, and writer best known for his work in comedy classics like Ghostbusters, Stripes, Caddyshack, and (my personal favorite) Groundhog Day, died early Monday from complications of autoimmune inflammatory vasculitis, a rare disease that involves swelling of the blood vessels, according to his family. He was 69.

I share the writer's partiality for Groundhog Day, and also think Caddyshack was pretty good(my dad, a golfer, laughed pretty hard, and he wasn't normally into that kind of humor). Ghostbusters was okay, though as I recall some of the humor seemed a little forced. Not quite the same degree of enthusiasm for Bedazzled, which I re-screened a few weeks back.

However, I first became aware of him watching this skit in a late 1970s ad for the Canadian produced sketch comedy show SCTV, which came on past my bedtime. (That's John Candy as the station exec, and American Pie's Eugene Levy as the professor).

Found this one as well...

The North American Stethoscopy Institute

As a comedic actor, he seemed to specialize in characters who were straight, but a little off.

Slate
Unposter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was a truly great comic writer in his day. Don't forget he co-wrote Animal House, which when it came out became the biggest grossing comedy of all time. That alone should get him his own special place in heaven IMHO.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: