Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RT anchor quits on air as cold war rhetoric heats up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GENO123

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: RT anchor quits on air as cold war rhetoric heats up Reply with quote

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Security-Watch/Backchannels/2014/0306/RT-anchor-quits-on-air-as-cold-war-rhetoric-heats-up

Quote:
RT anchor Liz Wahl's decision to quit live on air yesterday, citing its "whitewashing" of the actions of President Vladimir Putin's government, is an opportunity to revisit the Russian government-owned channel's true purpose: A layered propaganda and disinformation operation.
Titus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and in case she forgot what country she was living in, as soon as she left RT the NYT threw her under a tank by immediately running a quick hitpeice about how she believes/believed that 9/11 is a gov conspiracy. Thanks but FK you, in other words.
Kuros

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus, I think that was Abby Martin.

Liz Wahl says her father served and she is patriotic.

http://www.newsweek.com/abby-martin-becomes-viral-voice-dissent-kremlins-rt-230969

Quote:
Update: Liz Wahl, an anchor for Kremlin-funded RT America, resigned live on air on Wednesday, BuzzFeed’s Rosie Gray reported.

Wahl said she resigned in protest of the network’s coverage of Russia’s military intervention in Ukraine.

. . .

Abby Martin, an American anchor at the Kremlin-funded news station RT, condemned Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin’s “occupation of Crimea” in a broadcast Monday night, declaring that “what Russia did is wrong.”

. . .

The New York Times notes that for regular viewers of Martin’s show, her declaration of “editorial independence” did not come as such a surprise. Martin is an outspoken anti-war activist, and as Mediaite highlights, her show has explored the theory that staged “false flag” attacks are “at the heart of every major U.S. war of aggression in history.”

The Times also notes Martin has been involved in the 9/11 Truth movement that alleges the September 11th attacks were an inside job. In a video online that has since been pulled, Martin marches in a 9/11 Truth demonstration in Santa Monica, California on October 11, 2008.

“I’ve researched it for three years and every single thing that I uncover solidifies my belief that it was an inside job and that our government was complicit in what happened,” Martin says in the video. “You have to trust your own mind to know what you’re seeing is true.”

Martin distanced herself from the video on Tuesday, telling Buzzfeed that she didn’t know if 9/11 was an ‘inside job.’ “But I do stand by my opinion that we were lied to about what happened that day,” Martin said. “That video is six years old, so it’s unfortunate that it is becoming a viral discrediting factor in a completely unrelated story.”
Titus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow there was two? My bad. RT should reconsider their hiring strategy in the USA.
Chaparrastique

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what happens when you pick bimbos as newsreaders.

Quote:
"In order to succeed there you don’t question," said Wahl.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/russia-today-anchor-resigns-lives-on-air-in-response-to-whitewashed-ukraine-coverage-9172818.html

The same could be said of just about every workplace in the world.
I'm With You

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's probably going to now go work for some garbage propaganda news site like Fox.
Titus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole thing was a stage managed neo-con operation.

http://www.truthdig.com/report/print/how_cold_war-hungry_neocons_stage_managed_liz_wahls_resignation_20140319

The usual cabal of pricks.

Quote:
“The rallying,” as FPI’s Kristol put it, had only begun.
Titus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More: http://rt.com/usa/liz-whal-neocons-twitter-101/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: