Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need help re: hot water.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robbie250

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:43 am    Post subject: I need help re: hot water. Reply with quote

Hi there Surprised
I have just arrived in Korea and in my apartment there is this Rinnai Rbmc-28 control panel that is used for the room heating and hot water. My problem is I don't know any korean and I have searched an searched the internet trying to get a translation or instructions on how to work it? Every page is in korean and not helpful. I can get the hot water flowing and room heated but I'm just pushing buttons all willynilly and don't really know what I'm doing. The main thing I want is to be able to turn up the temperature of the water because at the moment it's just barely lukewarm and not really good enough for showers or washing dishes. And apparently you can set it up to start heating at certain times of the day, it would be nice to home to a warm apartment.
If someone could please help me out that would be greatly appreciated.
[img]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b374/denverdeath/effect_r110_remote.gif[/img]
Jake_Kim

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<Bullets on the left column>
- (Room) Heater Operational Display
- Heating Control Method Display
(Room Temp./Floor Heating Temp.) <-- as control objectives
- 'Away' Setting Display
- (Room) Heater ON
- Heater (Target) Temp. Control (Up/Down)
- Combustion Lamp
- Away Setting ON

<Bullets on the right column>
- Settings/Current Temp. Display
(Self-diagnostics Display)
- Hot Water Operational Display
- (Energy-)Saving Mode Display
- Combustion Display
- Control via the Internet Disply
(optional)
- Hot Water ON
- Hot Water Temp. Control
- (Energy-)Saving Heating Button

I arbitrarily added some words in parentheses where the meaning could be ambiguous in English, whilst Korean speakers would understand the original texts despite of omissions.
Lazio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake gave you the details already but I just want to make it simple for you:

The oval button that says 온수온도 will enable you to adjust the hot water temperature. Keep pressing it and 1-2-3 lines will appear on the right side of the display. Obviously 3 lines will mean the hottest water.

I found this control panel to be the easiest to handle and figure out.
If you press the two small buttons at the bottom of the panel together for a couple of seconds than you will switch from room temperature mode to water temperature (in your floor) or back. With the + and – buttons you can than set the floor heating water temperature up to 85 Celsius degrees. With the 절약 button you can set up the time how often your boiler would run , 30 minutes, 1-2-3 and 4 hours. An example: if you set it for 2 hours, your boiler will run for 20 minutes, turn off for two hours and run again for 20 minutes and so on.
Robbie250

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both for your responses, I am now enjoying hot showers hah. Turned out that when I have a tap set to max hot with highest pressure then the temperature is Luke warm. Just about scolded myself when I lowered the pressure!
Cheers guys
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: