Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Socks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Corea

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeoulNate wrote:
makes me more curious as to who is who :p

need a Dave's line up to see if we can pick them out

There used to be Daves meet ups.
Stan Rogers

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn I'm good. My socks have gone undetected for years.
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The funny thing is that I hate the current events forum. I hardly ever post there because I find religion and politics very, very boring. This thread was the first I'd ever heard of Titus. Laughing
Maserial

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Corea wrote:
SeoulNate wrote:

Some of them were quite entertaining, as well.
radcon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought Zyzyfer was Derek, or was it Gord?
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

radcon wrote:
I always thought Zyzyfer was Derek, or was it Gord?

no i am lemon, and canuckistan

maybe bulsajo as well

when i felt like going drag i would post as shortskirt_longjacket

tiberious aka sparkles, gangahjee, denz, and fierceinvalid were all the same dude

Captain Corea wrote:

I think that stuff migrated over to Facebook and reddit. I'd be down for one of these but there doesn't seem to be much interest on here whenever the topic is broached.

I made a lot of good long-term friends from attending those things back when I was a relative newb. They were a great way to get out of your normal forced social circle bubble newbs get sucked into here.
SeoulNate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Corea wrote:
SeoulNate wrote:

Yeah, I went to one 6-7 (?) years ago. At the time I think I had only been in Korea for about 6 months or so. Was a rather smallish event. I believe around 10 people showed up, only a few of which still post here/live in Korea as far as I know.

I think the longer you stay here the more attractive these kind of things become since it becomes harder to make connections with other expats who have lived here for an extended period of time.

However, I think most of the people on these boards that I have met up with over the years have actually been more on the WTB/WTS forum.
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeoulNate wrote:
Yeah, I went to one 6-7 (?) years ago. At the time I think I had only been in Korea for about 6 months or so. Was a rather smallish event. I believe around 10 people showed up, only a few of which still post here/live in Korea as far as I know.

I wonder which one that was?

These things would usually draw big crowds (when in Seoul), to the point where one would basically have to scout around and look for a dead bar ripe for a foreign invasion.
SeoulNate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont remember off the top of my head, it was something that was proposed on general discussion and (like you mentioned before) didnt appear to draw that much interest.

Was at Mike's Cabin iirc.
young_clinton

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever happened to bacasper, and visitorq? Bless there hearts, are they still here using different names? Bacasper disappears then all of a sudden there is spacebar and then he disappears too. Laughing There is also another poster who uses avatars with the same superficial theme, I don't know how to describe the theme, but he sometimes uses what appears to be the same person modeling and appearing in his avatar, very obvious. As soon as one of his avatars disappear another one comes along later at some point in time.

Last edited by young_clinton on Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Fox

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

young_clinton wrote:
Whatever happened to bacasper, and visitorq? Bless there hearts, are they still here using different names? Bacasper disappears then all of a sudden there is spacebar and then he disappears too. Laughing

I don't think they were the same. I was able to have reasonable conversations with bacasper, while visitorq was so hostile that it was impossible to have a constructive conversation at all. Bacasper was also very fixated on sexual issues. I'm also nearly certain that Died by Bear and Titus are completely different people. Titus is Mises.

I've personally been accused of being MindMeToo, Geldedgoat, and the Devil.
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

young_clinton wrote:
Whatever happened to bacasper, and visitorq? Bless there hearts, are they still here using different names? Bacasper disappears then all of a sudden there is spacebar and then he disappears too. Laughing There is also another poster who uses avatars with the same superficial theme, I don't know how to describe the theme, but he sometimes uses what appears to be the same person modeling and appearing in his avatar, very obvious. As soon as one of his avatars disappear another one comes along later at some point in time.

Here's another example of why YC should not be teaching English. If you don't know the difference between "know body" and "nobody", or "their' and "there", you should seek another profession. I'm not an English teacher, but I can only imagine what his educated Korean students must have thought of him.

Here you go YC:

They're is short for they are.
Their shows possession. It's just like my, his, her, and our.
There is a place. It's similar to here.
Stan Rogers

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, Stan is going to let a cat half out of the bag. Not everyone has 2 or more socks. Some people don't have a sock. Some socks are shared by more than one person.
Underwaterbob

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

young_clinton wrote:

That's Frank Zappa, and whenever someone pops up with him as their avatar I have to wonder as well...

Fox wrote:

I can understand the MindMeToo accusation. He suddenly disappeared after posting prodigiously for years, and you appeared very shortly afterwards, and post in a very similar style. Though there's a few things you've said over the years that have convinced me otherwise, at a casual glance you two could very well be the same people.
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Underwaterbob wrote:
young_clinton wrote:
Whatever happened to bacasper, and visitorq? Bless there hearts, are they still here using different names? Bacasper disappears then all of a sudden there is spacebar and then he disappears too. :lol: There is also another poster who uses avatars with the same superficial theme, I don't know how to describe the theme, but he sometimes uses what appears to be the same person modeling and appearing in his avatar, very obvious. As soon as one of his avatars disappear another one comes along later at some point in time.

That's Frank Zappa, and whenever someone pops up with him as their avatar I have to wonder as well...

Fox wrote:

I can understand the MindMeToo accusation. He suddenly disappeared after posting prodigiously for years, and you appeared very shortly afterwards, and post in a very similar style. Though there's a few things you've said over the years that have convinced me otherwise, at a casual glance you two could very well be the same people.

crap sorry posted under wrong sock :shock:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: