Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

To the Guy in Bucheon Wearing a Suit on Your Way to Hagwon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

young_clinton wrote:
le-paul wrote:

I would be hostile to him/her if I could be bothered but I find just ignoring his/her posts the easiest way...

He/she did make me think yesterday though when he/she posted (regarding the ferry disaster); 'a lot of the people are probably trapped inside the ship'.

Really? You think so? That was a blinding flash of insight there!

So tell me "Le-Paul", I'm curious, are you a psychiatric nurse or psychologist or are you something else? Your posts seem to conflict on this. Also you've gone from being an American-baiter to being a forum huckster and now your baiting individual people on the forum. You really should direct your psychological training towards yourself, if indeed that is all real, huckster. If after all you really don't have any training then by all means read up about it, analyze yourself. You could start with a partial lack of empathy which you accidently show with your attack in the above post. Are you not concerned about the apparent appalling loss of life at this moment?

Anyone who uses the word "Huckster" is a backwoods hick. No one intelligent uses "Huckster" - you backwater redneck hick.

I'd wager you never graduated from high school, since you have no idea about the English language. How can you call yourself a teacher? Oh wait, you play hangman with children, I get it. What are you, like 68 years old? What a sad, old man. Go home and collect your social security you uneducated bum.
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stain wrote:
Sector7G wrote:
Stain wrote:

It was just some ribbing. Actually, I enjoy J Rock's posts. I'm sure he knows how to spell it.
Hey I'm sure he does too....but that one was hard to pass up!

I admit it was.

This is ridiculously specific, but have you perchance watched Jeepers Creepers 2? There is one scene where the Big Bad peers into the bus, looks at one particular victim, gives a damned devilish grin, and licks the window.

It was that level of burn in my eye. Well done, good sir!
le-paul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

young_clinton wrote:
le-paul wrote:

I would be hostile to him/her if I could be bothered but I find just ignoring his/her posts the easiest way...

He/she did make me think yesterday though when he/she posted (regarding the ferry disaster); 'a lot of the people are probably trapped inside the ship'.

Really? You think so? That was a blinding flash of insight there!

So tell me "Le-Paul", I'm curious, are you a psychiatric nurse or psychologist or are you something else? Your posts seem to conflict on this. Also you've gone from being an American-baiter to being a forum huckster and now your baiting individual people on the forum. You really should direct your psychological training towards yourself, if indeed that is all real, huckster. If after all you really don't have any training then by all means read up about it, analyze yourself. You could start with a partial lack of empathy which you accidently show with your attack in the above post. Are you not concerned about the apparent appalling loss of life at this moment?

Of course, that is why I refrained from commenting on your stupidness in that particular thread - it was inappropriate. If you read my other comments it is apparent however that I do indeed have sympathy/empathy for those involved in the disaster.
I find your accusation a little too transparent, flaccid and spurious in your attempt to castigate me, quite literally picking at threads (excuse the pun). Come on, your going to have to try harder than that.

And as for going after particular posters, there are two people I take umbrage with - speck7, who is an outright racist and seems unequivocally intolerant of other people, and yourself.
Now if you cast your little mind back a month or two, what you will find is that you, in fact began by attacking me and have continued to do so because you have the notion that I hate Americans.
Isn't it understandable therefore that I have begun to side with the other posters against you? After all, you have been deliberately provoking me for months now, forcing me into this position/corner.
You don't need to be a psychiatrist to figure that out. You reap what you sow.
Lucas

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sorry bro, and I had a GREAT shot of him too since he slowly sauntered across the road as my bus was stopped at the light. I was SO embarrassed for him. I bet he thought others thought he was all that but in actuality he was the biggest tool in about a 5 mile radius.

You take the bus?

I guess taking it gives you more time to think. Wink
rambler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

comm wrote:
there's no reason for any of us to care.

qft
Stain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zyzyfer wrote:
Stain wrote:
Sector7G wrote:
Stain wrote:

It was just some ribbing. Actually, I enjoy J Rock's posts. I'm sure he knows how to spell it.
Hey I'm sure he does too....but that one was hard to pass up!

I admit it was.

This is ridiculously specific, but have you perchance watched Jeepers Creepers 2? There is one scene where the Big Bad peers into the bus, looks at one particular victim, gives a damned devilish grin, and licks the window.

It was that level of burn in my eye. Well done, good sir!

I've never seen the Jeepers Creepers movies but I've heard of them. Are they good? I'm always in the mood for a good horror flick.
caniff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree a suit is a bit much when teaching kiddies, but I'll admit to sometimes wearing a suit since I teach at companies. This usually happens when I'm in a quandary about my laundry and gotta get to work.
young_clinton

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stain wrote:

I've never seen the Jeepers Creepers movies but I've heard of them. Are they good? I'm always in the mood for a good horror flick.

They're higher quality than most of the typical horror flicks. Unfortunately the quality makes them pretty disturbing.
I'm With You

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who wears a suit? The owner must have told him to wear it.

I suggest Cool Biz.
Marquis

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he has self-respect? Maybe he likes suits? Maybe he has a sense of style and fashion your likely filthy self doesn't. Perhaps it was his first day on the gig and he wants to start with a good impression before sinking in and getting comfortable.

I say good for him.
Stan Rogers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marquis wrote:
Maybe he has self-respect? Maybe he likes suits? Maybe he has a sense of style and fashion your likely filthy self doesn't. Perhaps it was his first day on the gig and he wants to start with a good impression before sinking in and getting comfortable.

I say good for him.

I agree. Nothing wrong with wanting to look professional. Its funny to see some trying to justify going to work slovenly dressed.
Steelrails

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should go back to the 1920s when everyone wore suits like fine upstanding gentlemen and do gentlemanly things like smoke and drink constantly, fix baseball games, sneak into a segregated music clubs to listen to Dixieland jazz, wave betting slips at horse racing tracks and boxing matches, drive in cars with no seatbelts, let the mob run the city, and get rich quick on the stock market.
tiger fancini

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speck7 wrote:
you dont wear suits at adult hagwons.

Depends on what kind of impression you want to make I suppose. If you want them to think you're just some unqualified joker who doesn't have a clue about the job that they are paying you to do, then you don't have to. Good luck with that.

However if you want to be taken seriously, get respected, make useful connections and reap the financial benefits that are available, then wearing a suit at an adult hagwon might just be a good idea.
Hokie21

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

young_clinton wrote:
Hokie21 wrote:
young_clinton wrote:
young_clinton wrote:
Who is this guy and why would you even post this about him?

I wonder if you hear or see this type of language style a lot. Sort of sounds like pleading and someone desperately trying to reason with you. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Talking to yourself again?

Sorry Died By Bear/Hokie/Titus I was talking to Dodge/IPIC/Speck. I used my own quote to make a point. However somebody who is generally superficial in the way he thinks and dumb enough to use "My Bad" is not likely really to see that.

My bad.
Speck7

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tiger fancini wrote:
Speck7 wrote:
you dont wear suits at adult hagwons.

Depends on what kind of impression you want to make I suppose. If you want them to think you're just some unqualified joker who doesn't have a clue about the job that they are paying you to do, then you don't have to. Good luck with that.

However if you want to be taken seriously, get respected, make useful connections and reap the financial benefits that are available, then wearing a suit at an adult hagwon might just be a good idea.

lol at you trying to earn your respect by the clothes you wear at an ADULT hagwon. Adults WILL respect me for who I am, not by what I wear. You are so soft.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: