Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

To the Guy in Bucheon Wearing a Suit on Your Way to Hagwon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drcrazy

Location: Pusan. Yes, that's right. Pusan NOT Busan. I ain't never been to no place called Busan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speck7

WOW, when you recently posted that you are back home making more than a doctor, I guess it must be true. I mean, you can afford to fly back to Korea so often to look for guys not dressed the way you think they should be. You must be an eccentric millionaire to have such a hobby.
Princess Soraya

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why have an issue with someone who's not harming you or bothering you in any way? I often see foreign nationals looking as though they've gotten out of bed with the clothes they have on and it's rather embarrassing. Focus on yourself and stop worrying about someone who's just going about his business.
byrddogs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wishfullthinkng wrote:
Speck7 wrote:
wishfullthinkng wrote:
Speck7 wrote:
lol at you trying to earn your respect by the clothes you wear at an ADULT hagwon. Adults WILL respect me for who I am, not by what I wear. You are so soft.

lol no they won't. what a child's thinking. do you demand respect after a hard day out catching butterflies and grasshoppers after you've put on your crisp polo? (who wears polos really?)

hint: your appearance will also be a factor in how people give you respect. to think otherwise is a fools game. but i'd really expect nothing less from dodge/speck/ipic.

Are you serious? Who wears polos? You have 4 choices in the summer: A T-Shirt (really who wears t-shirts to works--maybe you do), POLOS, Button downs or Henleys. I own all 4. Tell me where Im wrong. You dress like a hobo, stay in your place you walking filth.

aww looks like someone filled up their diaper. lol.

sorry champ, if i'm trying to look nice i wear a proper button down, not a polo. i'm neither an old fashion-less man nor a college student.

also, might as well keep pointing out your follies, i'm gainfully employed thanks. no hobo here and i'd wager to say i'm much better off in all aspects of life than you, namely in this situation, intelligence.

change your diaper champ and keep er' clean!

Look here, Mr. Special has shown up telling all how awesome he is again while denigrating someone. It never gets old, does it?
wishfullthinkng

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

byrddogs wrote:
wishfullthinkng wrote:
Speck7 wrote:
wishfullthinkng wrote:
Speck7 wrote:
lol at you trying to earn your respect by the clothes you wear at an ADULT hagwon. Adults WILL respect me for who I am, not by what I wear. You are so soft.

lol no they won't. what a child's thinking. do you demand respect after a hard day out catching butterflies and grasshoppers after you've put on your crisp polo? (who wears polos really?)

hint: your appearance will also be a factor in how people give you respect. to think otherwise is a fools game. but i'd really expect nothing less from dodge/speck/ipic.

Are you serious? Who wears polos? You have 4 choices in the summer: A T-Shirt (really who wears t-shirts to works--maybe you do), POLOS, Button downs or Henleys. I own all 4. Tell me where Im wrong. You dress like a hobo, stay in your place you walking filth.

sorry champ, if i'm trying to look nice i wear a proper button down, not a polo. i'm neither an old fashion-less man nor a college student.

also, might as well keep pointing out your follies, i'm gainfully employed thanks. no hobo here and i'd wager to say i'm much better off in all aspects of life than you, namely in this situation, intelligence.

Look here, Mr. Special has shown up telling all how awesome he is again while denigrating someone. It never gets old, does it?

byrddung, try not to derail the thread bud. it's tiring.
byrddogs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wishfullthinkng wrote:
byrddogs wrote:
wishfullthinkng wrote:
Speck7 wrote:
wishfullthinkng wrote:
Speck7 wrote:

byrddung, try not to derail the thread bud. it's tiring.

That's rich coming from you. Talk about the mundane...
maitaidads

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

byrddogs, if you derail a thread in the midst of slamming Dodge7, the least you could do is give sartorial advice or tell us how you dress.
byrddogs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maitaidads wrote:
byrddogs, if you derail a thread in the midst of slamming Dodge7, the least you could do is give sartorial advice or tell us how you dress.

I'm wearing Nike sweat pants and an Adidas long sleeved shirt with Adidas slippers right now. They are matching colors if that matters. Is that bad? I hope this has satiated your need to know how I dress.

G forbid I go out dressed like this according to some in this thread.
chellovek

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edwardcatflap wrote:
... And there's always one teacher who comes in wearing a suit and tie. He's usually the weird one.

Yip!

Isn't this the crux of what the OP is assuming?

I don't think the OP is criticizing wearing a suit per se, just that he reckons the guy he saw to be one of those ones. So he put it on Dave's for us to play with. Wink
byrddogs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chellovek wrote:
edwardcatflap wrote:
... And there's always one teacher who comes in wearing a suit and tie. He's usually the weird one.

Yip!

Isn't this the crux of what the OP is assuming?

I don't think the OP is criticizing wearing a suit per se, just that he reckons the guy he saw to be one of those ones. So he put it on Dave's for us to play with. Wink

Likely so, and the special ones took the bait and ran with it.
maitaidads

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

byrddogs wrote:
I'm wearing Nike sweat pants and an Adidas long sleeved shirt with Adidas slippers right now. They are matching colors

Honestly, that seems like a strange way to dress. Logos on everything, matching colors, sweat pants... That's how all my (nerdier) Korean students dressed and coordinated. Why would you dress like them?
byrddogs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maitaidads wrote:
byrddogs wrote:
I'm wearing Nike sweat pants and an Adidas long sleeved shirt with Adidas slippers right now. They are matching colors

Honestly, that seems like a strange way to dress. Logos on everything, matching colors, sweat pants... That's how all my (nerdier) Korean students dressed and coordinated. Why would you dress like them?

Strange in what way? I'm not going to work today and I could care less what the average person on the street thinks of me if I go out to Starbucks or wherever. If your 'nerdier' students dress like that then they are pretty cool.

You seem pretty uptight, and possibly dress to get some cred with locals due to self esteem issues. That's fine.
maitaidads

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just think it's weird to dress in matching colored sports clothes with logos on them. You're going to slap on a cap and walk up the nearest hill with hiking poles soon enough.
byrddogs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maitaidads wrote:
I just think it's weird to dress in matching colored sports clothes with logos on them. You're going to slap on a cap and walk up the nearest hill with hiking poles soon enough.

Would it make it less weird if it didn't match? Sports attire has logos; not much I can do about that. How many times have you slapped on your cap and walked up that hill? I'd guess it is a bunch of times.
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

byrddogs wrote:
maitaidads wrote:

I'm wearing Nike sweat pants and an Adidas long sleeved shirt with Adidas slippers right now. They are matching colors if that matters. Is that bad? I hope this has satiated your need to know how I dress.

I only wear Nike dry fit. I have at least 40-50 of those shirts (OCD) and I wear the "Fly" shorts, love them. I have so many that I've been warned by the wife not to buy any more because it'll be the end of my marriage. I blame my parents because when I was a teenager, they were struggling with money for a few years and I didn't have many clothes. So over the last ten years I've spent an inordinate amount of money on clothes. It's gotten to the point where I have given away everything older than 3 years and still have too many to count. I wish I could stop, but it's hard to resist the temptation. Shopping expensive brands is a very bad habit and hard to break once you get started.
chrisinkorea2011

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Died By Bear wrote:
byrddogs wrote:
maitaidads wrote:

I only wear Nike dry fit. I have at least 40-50 of those shirts (OCD) and I wear the "Fly" shorts, love them. I have so many that I've been warned by the wife not to buy any more because it'll be the end of my marriage. I blame my parents because when I was a teenager, they were struggling with money for a few years and I didn't have many clothes. So over the last ten years I've spent an inordinate amount of money on clothes. It's gotten to the point where I have given away everything older than 3 years and still have too many to count. I wish I could stop, but it's hard to resist the temptation. Shopping expensive brands is a very bad habit and hard to break once you get started.

I can echo this sentiment. But I don't blame my parents. They did the best they could and provided me with food and a place to live so I was happy and content. I haven't got that many shirts but i love buying watches and shoes. Oh and I wear dress shirts, polos, and even shirts to work. Please dodge I mean Speck, in your infinite wisdom give us more intelligent things to absorb. lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: