Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New research - Korean men have perfect face for 'fisticuffs'
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Corea

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LPKSA wrote:

BTW, CC, nice drawing. I have a lot more respect for you knowing that you drew that avatar. You've got some skills.

Ok, here's where Robbie can accuse me of bragging Laughing The avatar sucks, here's some stuff that I dig more.
KimchiNinja

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cj1976 wrote:
Koreans do have massive heads. This could be why.

Cranial capacity correlates with IQ, the correlation is around .45.

As to the original article it's mildly interesting but seems off on a tangent. We already know why early homo had massive mandibles; the tough fibrous plants of the lower Paleolithic. And we know why they lost these adaptations by the time of the upper Paleolithic; ice age climate changes and need to switch to meat (which requires less powerful jaws and a different digestive tract).

http://email.eva.mpg.de/~richards/pdf/Richards_EJCN.pdf

Sure some of it could be adaption for fist fights, but humans remain just as violent, or become even more violent over time as intelligence increases, so it doesn't make sense why these adaptions would *decrease*.
cabeza

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Corea wrote:
LPKSA wrote:

BTW, CC, nice drawing. I have a lot more respect for you knowing that you drew that avatar. You've got some skills.

Ok, here's where Robbie can accuse me of bragging Laughing The avatar sucks, here's some stuff that I dig more.

Holy Shit.

That is amazing.
Fox

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Corea wrote:
LPKSA wrote:

This is some nice work. I especially like the Spock.
Captain Corea

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, gentlemen. That's nice of ya to say.
metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KimchiNinja wrote:
cj1976 wrote:

Yes, but more with men as women have denser brains (men's IQs also fluctuate more, just as you're more likely to get a super stupid man, so in turn are you more likely to find a super smart man, whereas women are generally in more-or-less the same IQ bracket).

Unrelated but we really need to bring back phrenology.
Mix1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Corea wrote:
LPKSA wrote:

Awesome!
I think CC wins the argument by default now.
chrisinkorea2011

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robbie_davies wrote:
LPKSA wrote:
robbie_davies wrote:
Just hang on a minute gents.

LPKSA who was saying what he would do. Not I.

He might, he might be this big hard bastard who can mutilate people with his bare hands and certainly me, I am not unbeatable by any stretch of the imagination.

Or he could be another online blowhard who is full of shite.

Either way, he is acting like an arse on here and needs to chill out.

You're a tool, too.

Takes one to know one lad.

Seeing as CC has posted challenges for other forum members to come down his gym as well as bragging on how big he is and ChrisinKorea is another MMA hero who brags about his fighting prowess. Y'all need to get together and fight out who is the most alpha.

First off let me state that i am both flattered but also a bit taken back that you would make an effort to read up or it more clearly is seen, stalk (yes going through peoples other postings just so u can try to ellicit an intelligent response IS a form of stalking) the previous postings of captain corea and myself. Now as far as me being some sort of MMA hero, well im touched by your words but im here to tell you that I train hard in what I do so im quite happy in that. Looking at your responses to CC on this thread only further proves that youre nothing more than a troll trying to get a rise out of people. Again thanks for the kind words, although since you state you have so much time with your "wife" and your lovely life in Spain, why are you stalking others online?

Sad case my friend, sad indeed. Laughing
KimchiNinja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

metalhead wrote:
KimchiNinja wrote:
cj1976 wrote:

Yes, but more with men as women have denser brains (men's IQs also fluctuate more, just as you're more likely to get a super stupid man, so in turn are you more likely to find a super smart man, whereas women are generally in more-or-less the same IQ bracket).

Unrelated but we really need to bring back phrenology.

Yup, much greater standard deviation in men, women are clustered around the mean.
robbie_davies

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisinkorea2011 wrote:
robbie_davies wrote:
LPKSA wrote:
robbie_davies wrote:

He might, he might be this big hard bastard who can mutilate people with his bare hands and certainly me, I am not unbeatable by any stretch of the imagination.

You're a tool, too.

Seeing as CC has posted challenges for other forum members to come down his gym as well as bragging on how big he is and ChrisinKorea is another MMA hero who brags about his fighting prowess. Y'all need to get together and fight out who is the most alpha.

First off let me state that i am both flattered but also a bit taken back that you would make an effort to read up or it more clearly is seen, stalk (yes going through peoples other postings just so u can try to ellicit an intelligent response IS a form of stalking) the previous postings of captain corea and myself. Now as far as me being some sort of MMA hero, well im touched by your words but im here to tell you that I train hard in what I do so im quite happy in that. Looking at your responses to CC on this thread only further proves that youre nothing more than a troll trying to get a rise out of people. Again thanks for the kind words, although since you state you have so much time with your "wife" and your lovely life in Spain, why are you stalking others online?

Unfortunately, you are just another faceless character on here and are too boring to stalk. I do remember you bragging about your heroic MMA awesomeness somewhere somehow on these very forums, meaning you are no better than our pal LPKSA, if you think that is stalking then you need to re-consider you current status of employment and start learning more about our great language and what certain words mean. Start with 'stalk':

stalk verb
: to follow (an animal or person that you are hunting or trying to capture) by moving slowly and quietly

: to go through (a place or area) while hunting

: to follow, watch, and bother (someone) constantly in a way that is frightening, dangerous, etc.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/stalk
LPKSA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robbie_davies wrote:
I do remember you bragging about your heroic MMA awesomeness somewhere somehow on these very forums, meaning you are no better than our pal LPKSA..

God, shut the **** up at this point. I'm wasting energy here. You make false claims about statements I didn't make on here. Where did I come on here bragging about my MMA skills? Show me where I bragged about fighting skills. Show me where I threatened you. I didn't. You've been told by a few people here already that essentially you're an idiot. Get a life. Wait, you can't afford it, you're in Spain, I forgot. Sorry about that.
chrisinkorea2011

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robbie_davies wrote:
chrisinkorea2011 wrote:
robbie_davies wrote:
LPKSA wrote:
robbie_davies wrote:

You're a tool, too.

Unfortunately, you are just another faceless character on here and are too boring to stalk. I do remember you bragging about your heroic MMA awesomeness somewhere somehow on these very forums, meaning you are no better than our pal LPKSA, if you think that is stalking then you need to re-consider you current status of employment and start learning more about our great language and what certain words mean. Start with 'stalk':

stalk verb
: to follow (an animal or person that you are hunting or trying to capture) by moving slowly and quietly

: to go through (a place or area) while hunting

: to follow, watch, and bother (someone) constantly in a way that is frightening, dangerous, etc.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/stalk

I love how youre a clown in EVERY aspect. So you used a dictionary and copy/pasted the part that fit with what you stated. I found the definition for you so you can ACTUALLY learn something about the English language, you twit.

stalk 2 (stɔːk)

— vb
1. to follow or approach (game, prey, etc) stealthily and quietly
2. to pursue persistently and, sometimes, attack (a person with whom one is obsessed, often a celebrity)
3. to spread over (a place) in a menacing or grim manner: fever stalked the camp
4. ( intr ) to walk in a haughty, stiff, or threatening way: he stalked out in disgust
5. to search or draw (a piece of land) for prey
verb (used without object)

to pursue or approach prey, quarry, etc., stealthily.

to walk with measured, stiff, or haughty strides: He was so angry he stalked away without saying goodbye.

to proceed in a steady, deliberate, or sinister manner: Famine stalked through the nation.

Obsolete . to walk or go stealthily along.

Read through there and see that you going through previous postings of posters just to get something to use as your fuel does indeed count as stalking. You are a asinine tool and now I can see why you moved to "Spain" (which I really think is your parents basement) and made up an imaginary wife story. The truth is that you couldnt hack it in Korea and want others to suffer because of it. Youre pretty pathetic man, you need some serious help. Tell your parents to take you to the psychiatrist.
robbie_davies

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisinkorea2011 wrote:

Read through there and see that you going through previous postings of posters just to get something to use as your fuel does indeed count as stalking.

No-one is stalking you, you come across as a boring person in your posts and to 'stalk' you by reading your posting history would have sent me to sleep long before finding it. Unfortunately for us both, I remember you posting what an MMA hero you are - meaning - you should arrange 'fight of the century' with another alpha hero on here (there are plenty to choose from)because I am pretty sure you have mentioned it more than once.

Quote:
You are a asinine tool and now I can see why you moved to "Spain" (which I really think is your parents basement) and made up an imaginary wife story. The truth is that you couldnt hack it in Korea and want others to suffer because of it. Youre pretty pathetic man, you need some serious help. Tell your parents to take you to the psychiatrist.

Bless, this is your first job out of college isn't it?

Korea is shit, crap wages, crap society and if working at DongChim academy for 30 teaching hours a week is your idea of 'hacking it' then hack away because sooner or later, your BA in Steven Segal studies isn't going to be enough for shit hole Korea. Cool
Steelrails

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
your BA in Steven Segal studies

Laughing
chrisinkorea2011

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robbie_davies wrote:
chrisinkorea2011 wrote:

Read through there and see that you going through previous postings of posters just to get something to use as your fuel does indeed count as stalking.

No-one is stalking you, you come across as a boring person in your posts and to 'stalk' you by reading your posting history would have sent me to sleep long before finding it. Unfortunately for us both, I remember you posting what an MMA hero you are - meaning - you should arrange 'fight of the century' with another alpha hero on here (there are plenty to choose from)because I am pretty sure you have mentioned it more than once.

Quote:
You are a asinine tool and now I can see why you moved to "Spain" (which I really think is your parents basement) and made up an imaginary wife story. The truth is that you couldnt hack it in Korea and want others to suffer because of it. Youre pretty pathetic man, you need some serious help. Tell your parents to take you to the psychiatrist.

Bless, this is your first job out of college isn't it?

Korea is shit, crap wages, crap society and if working at DongChim academy for 30 teaching hours a week is your idea of 'hacking it' then hack away because sooner or later, your BA in Steven Segal studies isn't going to be enough for shit hole Korea. Cool

Haha my BA in steven seagal studies? Funny coming from you considering what a tool you are. Again stalking is stalking my friend. Not that I post on here often but when I do its in various threads. However for you go through all of them and try to find what ive been saying, well that just confirms youre a stalking idiot and a bumbling idiot at that. Keep talking all that smack you want, but when it comes down to it, im sure that Korea chewed you up and spit you out. Plenty of people on here still make a living here, but im glad that you can assume im at Dongchim academy which only equals to more idiotic garbage from your mouth. As far as being a hero in MMA, well another misquoted rambling from the POS known robbie. Whats really sad is that you want to state that Korea is shit and yet you still continue to roam the KOREAN board on this site. Dammit Bobby, cant let go of that angst of getting royally boned by your previous employer/s right?

As i stated before you are sad my friend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: