Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Priceless...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trueblue

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Priceless... Reply with quote

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/06/150374-uncomfortable-54-seconds-american-politics-might-ever-see/
KimchiNinja

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy on the right...

"Wow this is uncomfortable, when is this bullcrap gonna be over??".
trueblue

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that moment, is simply a microscopic representation of the broader scope of thins....a complete "sham-show"...
falco

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus....basically says it all about American politics really doesn't it?
trueblue

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately...it says MORE about the people who voted these clowns into office....

Is an "elected government" simply a reflection of the people? Or, does a corrupt government simply have to 're-elect" the people by changing the foundational culture?
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trueblue wrote:
Unfortunately...it says MORE about the people who voted these clowns into office....

Is an "elected government" simply a reflection of the people? Or, does a corrupt government simply have to 're-elect" the people by changing the foundational culture?

Or C) it is a reflection of the low voter turnout in the United States. Other than Presidental election years, voter turnout is generally less than 50% of eligible voters. In DC's primary election for mayor this April, I believe voter turnout was 15-20%. Consequently the person who won the Democratic primary was an idiot who somehow got endorsed by the Washington Post* (and therefore many "informed" voters chose her).

*The same newspaper that endorsed Marion Barry a couple times. You'd think voters would learn, but apparently not...
trueblue

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Or C) it is a reflection of the low voter turnout in the United States.

Yes, good point. That one slipped my mind.

Uninformed-ill-informed voters are what, if there still is a Republic, have helped bring the country down (along with illegal voting, multiple votes...but those things have been going on for over 200 years).

Simple truth: If Americans actually took the time to research their candidate prospects-background, associations, voting record...parental affiliations (face it, Obama's father was Kenyan under British rule, at the time. Obama is legally NOT allowed to be a president)... stop listening to celebrity endorsements, read, put down their Iphones, turn off the NBA/NFL game....America may still have a chance.

But, here is a slow, sarcastic clap to the U.S.D.E.

So, yes....I believe a country, in a true Republic, if not guarded with vigilance, deserves the government that is elected....

This reminds me of the Fairfax Resolves....
r2b2ct

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trueblue wrote:
Quote:
Or C) it is a reflection of the low voter turnout in the United States.

Yes, good point. That one slipped my mind.

Uninformed-ill-informed voters are what, if there still is a Republic, have helped bring the country down (along with illegal voting, multiple votes...but those things have been going on for over 200 years).

Simple truth: If Americans actually took the time to research their candidate prospects-background, associations, voting record...parental affiliations (face it, Obama's father was Kenyan under British rule, at the time. Obama is legally NOT allowed to be a president)... stop listening to celebrity endorsements, read, put down their Iphones, turn off the NBA/NFL game....America may still have a chance.

But, here is a slow, sarcastic clap to the U.S.D.E.

So, yes....I believe a country, in a true Republic, if not guarded with vigilance, deserves the government that is elected....

This reminds me of the Fairfax Resolves....

lol nice troll
trueblue

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ace it, Obama's father was Kenyan under British rule, at the time. Obama is legally NOT allowed to be a president

Kenya, was a colony under British rule when Obama was born, in 1961.

Thus, since BOTH parents need to be United States Citizens in order to legally hold the presidential office...I think you get it, now.
trueblue

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, that was a simple example how how the media ignored it, thus...the voters who supported him, ignored it or---DID NOT DO THEIR RESEARCH.

Always research a candidate...that is the point.
r2b2ct

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please link to me the part of the constitution that says a president's parents must both be US citizens. You are a natural born citizen by virtue of being born in the US. Now you can proceed to make the baseless claim that Obama forged his Hawaiian birth certificate.
trueblue

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Please link to me the part of the constitution that says a president's parents must both be US citizens. You are a natural born citizen by virtue of being born in the US. Now you can proceed to make the baseless claim that Obama forged his Hawaiian birth certificate

Do YOUR OWN RESEARCH...that is the point.

And, what does "proceeding to claim...." have to do with anything?

I mentioned nothing of the sort.
r2b2ct

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok buddy have a good day
trueblue

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, I WILL have a good day...thank you.

BUT, I will throw you some information....

Supreme Court (1874) in the Minor case

Now, I don't expect the normal American to dive into this (after all, there was unmentioned controversy regarding McCain's legal standing to be president).

But...it just goes back to how an uninformed and ignorant citizenry can clearly vote for those who are moral, ethical and WILL hold true to the Constitution.

That video, those in it, rather--is a direct example.
Fox

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minor v. Happersett explicitly leaves open the question of whether children born on US soil to non-citizen parents are natural born citizens, saying, "Some authorities go further and include as citizens children born within the jurisdiction without reference to the citizenship of their parents. As to this class there have been doubts, but never as to the first. For the purposes of this case, it is not necessary to solve these doubts." Later, United States v. Wong Kim Ark touched upon the matter, and relying upon United States v. Wong Kim Ark, it was later ruled in Ankeny v. Governor of Indiana that "Based upon the language of Article II, Section 1, Clause 4 and the guidance provided by Wong Kim Ark, we conclude that persons born within the borders of the United States are 'natural born Citizens' for Article II, Section 1 purposes, regardless of the citizenship of their parents." That ruling in term has informed and been upheld by other courts as well. The jurisprudence seems pretty clear here, and it seems to be in favor of President Obama. Admittedly I'm no student of law, so perhaps I'm missing something.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: