Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quite the Ruse...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trueblue

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you feel that I did not join the masses that were fooled by, yes..NOBAMA, than you ARE right (nor was I fooled by Bush..on that note, I do find it odd that it was very easy to bash/jump on Bush but now that is nobama, folks get up in arms).

I believe that segment did provide good analysis. You don't have to like someone, to admit that he/she may be write.
Sector7G

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trueblue wrote:
If you feel that I did not join the masses that were fooled by, yes..NOBAMA, than you ARE right (nor was I fooled by Bush..on that note, I do find it odd that it was very easy to bash/jump on Bush but now that is nobama, folks get up in arms).
Lighten up blue! I was making a joke - I just thought it was funny that you felt the need to make sure everyone knew you were not an Obama follower as if you could not bear the thought of people thinking that even though it was already obvious. It makes no difference to me whether you like him or not.

But on a side note, I will say this. People with valid reasons for their argument tend to avoid distraction with name calling, etc. People usually use derogatory nicknames when they have little substance to bolster their weak arguments. Just saying.....
trueblue

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

But on a side note, I will say this. People with valid reasons for their argument tend to avoid distraction with name calling

On THIS forum?
Sector7G

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trueblue wrote:
Quote:

But on a side note, I will say this. People with valid reasons for their argument tend to avoid distraction with name calling

On THIS forum?
Yes! Why not? I have witnessed some really well reasoned and articulated back and forth debates on countless topics on this forum that left me quite impressed. Seriously, there are some really deep thinkers here. Did they occasionally devolve into name-calling? Certainly, but usually by the person losing the debate.
trueblue

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes! Why not? I have witnessed some really well reasoned and articulated back and forth debates on countless topics on this forum that left me quite impressed. Seriously, there are some really deep thinkers here. Did they occasionally devolve into name-calling? Certainly, but usually by the person losing the debate.

I did not know, the issue of obama being a horrid president was a debate...and as a veteran, his performance has been shameful.

So, I shall say it as I feel fit but I will also try not to hurt anyone's feelings.
actionjackson

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trueblue wrote:
Quote:

I did not know, the issue of obama being a horrid president was a debate...and as a veteran, his performance has been shameful.

So, I shall say it as I feel fit but I will also try not to hurt anyone's feelings.

As a veteran, what in particular do you find so shameful?
trueblue

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As a veteran, what in particular do you find so shameful?

I'd be happy to PM my answer(s) to you...
Leon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trueblue wrote:
Quote:

Why? You talk about how important it is to be informed, please demonstrate how informed you are, I am truly curious, and as a corollary, what do you think of Ronald Reagan?

I ask, because of this poll: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/2/obama-worst-president-wwii-new-poll-shows/

Which has Obama as worst and Reagan as best, which is bizarre considering how Ronnie ran the deficit up, help sell weapons to Iran and gave weapons to people in Afghanistan and Pakistan, and didn't even 'win' the Cold War as much as Gorbachev decided to quit fighting it due to internal rot in the USSR, which are all things Conservatives probably wouldn't like if they thought about it for a few minutes.
trueblue

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Why? You talk about how important it is to be informed, please demonstrate how informed you are, I am truly curious, and as a corollary, what do you think of Ronald Reagan?

I ask, because of this poll: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/2/obama-worst-president-wwii-new-poll-shows/

Which has Obama as worst and Reagan as best, which is bizarre considering how Ronnie ran the deficit up, help sell weapons to Iran and gave weapons to people in Afghanistan and Pakistan, and didn't even 'win' the Cold War as much as Gorbachev decided to quit fighting it due to internal rot in the USSR, which are all things Conservatives probably wouldn't like if they thought about it for a few minutes.

OK..after reading through that blundering monologue, I will give you this.

I'm not going to hold your hand. You, I assume, an adult and are well capable of learning for yourself...unless, you simply do no pay attention to what is going on and, are simply looking to pick an internet fight...if there is such a thing.

Now, I suggest you hop to it, roger on, and learn for yourself.
Leon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trueblue wrote:
Quote:

OK..after reading through that blundering monologue, I will give you this.

I'm not going to hold your hand. You, I assume, an adult and are well capable of learning for yourself...unless, you simply do no pay attention to what is going on and, are simply looking to pick an internet fight...if there is such a thing.

Now, I suggest you hop to it, roger on, and learn for yourself.

I assure you that I am quite aware of what is going on in the world, I am not looking to pick a fight, but am curious. You say as a veteran his performance has been shameful, and he is a horrid president, but you never say why. For someone who keeps bringing up being a graduate student, surely you understand that you have to show your work and back up opinion statements with facts.
trueblue

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
being a graduate student

Indeed, Leon. But what you fail to understand, is that, in graduate school, there is nobody there to hold your hand. You have to do it yourself.

I wrote my papers, articles, journal reviews and even a couple of historiography's...which, are hard as hell to do.

So, why would I even consider presenting my work to you, when I did it on my own?

Don't ride on the coat-tails of others, Leon.

Do your own research....
Sector7G

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trueblue wrote:
Quote:
being a graduate student

Indeed, Leon. But what you fail to understand, is that, in graduate school, there is nobody there to hold your hand. You have to do it yourself.

I wrote my papers, articles, journal reviews and even a couple of historiography's...which, are hard as hell to do.

So, why would I even consider presenting my work to you, when I did it on my own?

Do your own research....
Sounds like a cop out to me. Every one has a right to their opinion, but it's also fair to ask what they are basing that opinion on.
trueblue

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sounds like a cop out to me. Every one has a right to their opinion, but it's also fair to ask what they are basing that opinion on.

Perhaps you missed it....

Do...your...own..research. That way, you can start a foundation for YOUR OWN precis, as opposed to simply, riding on the coat tails of others.

So...just let it go. I'm sure you will feel much better.
Leon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trueblue wrote:
Quote:
being a graduate student

Do your own research....

I am in graduate school, I have published articles, etc. We share our work. This is my field, this is what I study and what I do for my work, I have my own coat tails as it were.

So let me ask you, as a peer, why exactly is Nobama so terrible?
trueblue

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I am in graduate school, I have published articles, etc. We share our work. This is my field, this is what I study and what I do for my work, I have my own coat tails as it were.

So let me ask you, as a peer, why exactly is Nobama so terrible?

Facts, "are stubborn things", Leon. However, I am not convinced, based on your posting history, that you would recognize a fact if it were giving you a hand job.

And, as a graduate student with articles published, I would assume, that you would be able to read between the lines. Besides, I paid to share ideas...and I will not share academia with someone who will not listen (in the arena of the internet).

I have no intentions of changing your mind, whatever stance it may be. Nor am I interested in your academic trophies. I have mine, as subtle as they may be...in fact, they are few.

If you wish to bring out the measuring stick, than I will give you the victory.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: