Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

finding brown hair color or cough syrup?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drew345

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject: finding brown hair color or cough syrup? Reply with quote

I am looking for the two items above. I can't get them shipped because liquids cant be shipped.
I like the medium brown "Just for Men" brand that takes 5 minutes for hair color. Every hair color I see here in Korea is jet black. Any idea where to get "Just for Men" medium or light brown hair color.
Any idea for Robitussen cough syrup? It doesn't really have to be that brand, but I haven't seen cough syrup in Korea even with seeing a doctor. And of course I would rather not see a doctor for a cough.
Thanks for any help!
Dr. Lipschitz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for men and robo tripping at the same time? Sounds like a party!

For the just for men, I would try boons...

As far as cough syrup goes...get the liquid gell pill forms. I have had no problems getting NyQuil send over in that form.
FriendlyDaegu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liquids can definitely be shipped to Korea from overseas. I don't know about the customs rules on those two items, though.

You get cough syrup from the pharmacy, or the pharmacy section of the grocery store. You don't need to see a doctor. Just tell the pharmacist you need something for a cough and they'll hook you up. Same thing for most OTC medications, except aspirin, which changed recently and can now be had from a convenience store.
Drew345

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I found the "Just for Men" brown hair color on GMarket. First I thought the price was crazy at $60, but then I saw it comes in a pack of 3, so the price is just high, not crazy.
I am looking at the brown hair colors for Korean girls, but not sure if it is the same stuff like I need. Brown color for a Korean would need to lighten the color from black to brown, but what is need is to darken the color from grey to brown. I am not sure at all if those two are the same thing or totally different when coloring hair...
schwa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cough syrup is snake oil. Google it & you'll quickly find its never been proven effective, beyond possible placebo effects.

If you have a dry cough, better just to increase your intake of water, which is the best expectorant. Honey might help too.
le-paul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:48 am    Post subject: Re: finding brown hair color or cough syrup? Reply with quote

Drew345 wrote:
I am looking for the two items above. I can't get them shipped because liquids cant be shipped.
I like the medium brown "Just for Men" brand that takes 5 minutes for hair color. Every hair color I see here in Korea is jet black. Any idea where to get "Just for Men" medium or light brown hair color.
Any idea for Robitussen cough syrup? It doesn't really have to be that brand, but I haven't seen cough syrup in Korea even with seeing a doctor. And of course I would rather not see a doctor for a cough.
Thanks for any help!

Well, it depends what type of a cough you have for the type of medicine you'd need.

You can get hair dye in homeplus, watsons, olive young etc. (brown)
Drew345

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cough syrup that is good for me is anything that is kind of thick that coats the throat. Usually with some kind of pain killer or anesthetic. I'm not talking about pill form or cold medicine. Even some kind of homeopathic elixir would be fine (maybe even better). Sometimes I get a bad post nasal drip and some thick cough syrup helps me get to sleep. In America the Robitussin brand is good. In Thailand there is actually a Chinese herbal brand sold at the 7/11's that works great for me. A friend tried to mail me some from Thailand but the Thai mail wouldn't take it. Maybe I should go to one of the homeopathic yak-guks here and see if they have a thick liquid.
schwa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'm going to suggest honey again. It will coat your throat, help your cough, plus its simply an all-round wholesome food. Give it a try. Thank me later.
Old Painless

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nyquil can be had at the black market stores.
EZE

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew345 wrote:
Oh, I found the "Just for Men" brown hair color on GMarket. First I thought the price was crazy at $60, but then I saw it comes in a pack of 3, so the price is just high, not crazy.
I am looking at the
brown hair colors for Korean girls, but not sure if it is the same stuff like I need. Brown color for a Korean would need to lighten the color from black to brown, but what is need is to darken the color from grey to brown. I am not sure at all if those two are the same thing or totally different when coloring hair...

I always just use the women's hair color. It's the exact same stuff, and there's always a lot more of it in the women's box and at a lower price, enough to color my hair, any facial hair I need to color, and my chest hair. Very Happy
PRagic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Costco for hair crap. Pharmacy for cough syrup. Many pharmacies carry hair crap, too, but not much in the way of imports. We buy stuff for the inlaws at Costco.
furtakk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saruga Shopping Centre in Yeonhui-dong has Nquil and a ton of other foreign stuff. It's expensive though.

http://map.naver.com/local/siteview.nhn?code=34333767
Weigookin74

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard Korean hair dye has a different texture or quality to it. It's also geared towards Asian hair which is thicker and darker. The hair roots also go deeper. If you're going to dye your hair, opt for the western brand you know - just for men. Also, let me know how it works. I'll be there in several years myself if I'm still teaching here. Lol. I have a few grey hairs I just cut out now. Ha ha.

No, seriously, I had a friend that was older and wanted to get his hair dyed as some grey was creeping in. He went to a Korean shop to get it done and it was a total disaster. He had to go all the way up to Seoul and find someone who was used to dealing with foriegners and get it done right. So, I'd be wary of the Korean stuff.
beentheredonethat777

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: finding brown hair color or cough syrup? Reply with quote

Quote:
[quote="Drew345"]I am looking for the two items above. I can't get them shipped because liquids cant be shipped.

**Really? I didn't know this. I had this two bottles of cough medicine shipped from America in December. NO problems.

Before that, I purchased it in ITAEWON at the Foreigner's Market. It was crazy expensive but they always keep a supply of NYQUIL (nighttime, daytime, and Jr) and ROBITUSSIN. They also sell Just for Men- not sure about the colors.

**My sister wrapped it in bubble- wrap and labeled the customs form-health products.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: