Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another dead to American gun crime!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Titus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that changes things. It's a nice place.
Leon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus wrote:

Yes, I agree. One of my favorite places to live.
Titus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leon wrote:
Titus wrote:

The cliche that SG is a shopping mall with capital punishment is generally true. The transit is fairly good, and I assume the circle line has made it better. The housing stock is decent quality. Great food in the lower price range, pretty good mid priced but on the higher end European/American food is poor, terrible nightlife, really nice people, low taxes, zero crime. Strong labor market for highly skilled foreigners. Excellent flight connections around SE and NE Asia, Dubai, Aus. Overall it is a solid place to live. I'd pay 100$ for a Ya Kun kaya toast these days. My (unrequested) advice to Kuros is to very carefully choose where he lives as I assume he won't have a car, the taxi system is not all that good outside of the CBD/centre and the weekends will be pretty boring if out in HDB-land in Woodlands/Juron/Choa Chu Kang/Senkang, etc. If a job will require heavy travel (which most jobs in F500 firms do) living in the south east is a must. I greatly enjoyed being there.
Leon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus wrote:
Leon wrote:
Titus wrote:

The cliche that SG is a shopping mall with capital punishment is generally true. The transit is fairly good, and I assume the circle line has made it better. The housing stock is decent quality. Great food in the lower price range, pretty good mid priced but on the higher end European/American food is poor, terrible nightlife, really nice people, low taxes, zero crime. Strong labor market for highly skilled foreigners. Excellent flight connections around SE and NE Asia, Dubai, Aus. Overall it is a solid place to live. I'd pay 100$ for a Ya Kun kaya toast these days. My (unrequested) advice to Kuros is to very carefully choose where he lives as I assume he won't have a car, the taxi system is not all that good outside of the CBD/centre and the weekends will be pretty boring if out in HDB-land in Woodlands/Juron/Choa Chu Kang/Senkang, etc. If a job will require heavy travel (which most jobs in F500 firms do) living in the south east is a must. I greatly enjoyed being there.

I wish I could find a good Kaya toast. I liked the nightlife, but it is stupid expensive. I'd recommend going to JB right across the boarder sometimes for shopping/eating, taking advantage of the cheap travel around the region, and if you get a chance go to Tioman island in Malaysia. I lived in Sembawang, Titus is right about trying to live in the center, taxis are expensive, but living outside it is doable.
Fox

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of weird cultural trends: My Parents Open Carry, the childrens book.

Quote:
Come join 13-year-old Brenna Strong along with her mom, Bea, and her dad, Richard, as they spend a typical Saturday running errands and having fun together. What's not so typical is that Brenna's parents lawfully open carry handguns for self-defense. The Strongs join a growing number of families that are standing up for their 2nd Amendment rights by open carrying and bringing gun ownership out of the closet and into the mainstream.

Also, I didn't know "National Take Your Daughter To The Range Day" existed until today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: