Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Has this happened to you?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maserial wrote:
Zyzyfer wrote:
le-paul wrote:
Steelrails wrote:
Tailgating (in America that means having a BBQ at your car before a football game) or riding someone's bumper is just an absolutely reckless thing to do. You cannot and will not react in time if there is some sort of sudden problem. It also drastically reduces your field of vision. To do this in the rain and at high speeds is just asking for trouble.

Learn how to drive- steady and defensively. Go the speed limit. Smooth is better than fast. Learn how to cruise and chill. Put on some relaxing music and give plenty of space. Don't be a slowpoke, but don't be some leadfoot. Keep your eyes open and find that groove where you are calm, but focused.

Advice from the man who drink-drives for fun, kids!

I like the wholly unnecessary reminder about the American meaning of "tailgate party" - despite the expression used in this thread being a verb, and notably lacking "party."

And then needlessly "corrects" it.

Yeah, but still, folks should listen to his advice. I mean, his former college roommate's stepfather once dated a woman who went on to marry some dude who entered a demolition derby back in 1986, so I'm pretty sure Steelrails knows what he's talking about.

Was the dude American? That's the only country (and opinion) that counts.

Underwaterbob wrote:
Must every bloody thread turn into Steelrails vs the trolls? No wonder I haven't been on this site in months and haven't missed it in the least.

Blah. Dude does it to himself. I'd skip his posts but he posts in pretty much every thread. This whole board is pretty much one giant troll-a-thon anyway.
The Cosmic Hum

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zyzyfer wrote:
This whole board is pretty much one giant troll-a-thon anyway.

Agreed.
Not that this site was ever that great, but boy oh things sure have gone downhill.
If not for posters like Zyzyfer and Maserial making appearances every now and again, I would give this site a pass altogether.

Thanks for toughing it out guys.
Cheers to you.
Stain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cosmic Hum wrote:
Zyzyfer wrote:

Agreed.
Not that this site was ever that great, but boy oh things sure have gone downhill.
If not for posters like Zyzyfer and Maserial making appearances every now and again, I would give this site a pass altogether.

Cheers to you.

Not to worry Cosmic. I have arrived. But, I forgot what I was going to say. Actually, I condemn myself as well.
Steelrails

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zyzyfer wrote:

Blah. Dude does it to himself. I'd skip his posts but he posts in pretty much every thread. This whole board is pretty much one giant troll-a-thon anyway.

LOl. You guys do it to yourselves. I don't rant and rave about any of you. You do to me. Seriously, why give an eff about me?
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelrails wrote:
Zyzyfer wrote:

LOl. You guys do it to yourselves.

"You guys." Classic.

Another of your problems is yeah, you don't identify with essentially any posters on here. We are this mass of stupid opinions that you feel you must resist. I have never seen you directly identify with notable posters on here like Captain Corea, The Cosmic Hum, and so on. All that you've managed is what was once a friendly rivalry with Mr. BlackCat, but even that guy can't be bothered exchanging posts with you any longer.

Even a casual poster can work out that Captain Corea (sorry for singling you out, Cap) is married, has a daughter, likes working out, has lived in Korea for a long time, is pretty middle of the road regarding ranting about living here, and hails from Canada and therefore isn't obsessed with the American perspective on things in Korea all that much. Yet you love taking discussions with him down the American perspective road.

It's a selfish attitude in my opinion because you have people posting from all sorts of countries that are not the US on here, and who couldn't give a fig about the American view on things. But, from what I can discern, you are fighting what you think is the good fight against a bunch of clueless American first-year-abroad twits.

Who knows, maybe the American perspective is all you know. In which case, I'd suggest chatting with more folks from Canada/Australia/New Zealand/Europe/South Africa and listening to their take on things without retorting, and then applying that to your posts here.

Quote:
I don't rant and rave about any of you. You do to me. Seriously, why give an eff about me?

Because you post on pretty much everything. (You like my bold to emphasize a point? I got that from you.)

Except stuff on the Job Discussion Board. You're apparently allergic to that one.
The Cosmic Hum

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stain wrote:
The Cosmic Hum wrote:
Zyzyfer wrote:

Agreed.

Cheers to you.

Not to worry Cosmic. I have arrived. But, I forgot what I was going to say. Actually, I condemn myself as well.

Ahh..the self condemnation. Which is an odd spelling for something that describes a nation where men apply their own condoms.
Might be a nice place to visit, but not sure I would want to live there.
Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: