Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Affirmative Consent in California
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aq8knyus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KimchiNinja wrote:
sirius black wrote:
Lets call it what it is. At its core its a way for women get revenge for giving a guy sex and he acts an ass after.

Basically. It's also part of a larger societal pattern in the USA; tactics to keep men down and thus keep them under control. These nonsense rules are always executed under the disguise of "protecting women" and "advancing women's rights". Rolling Eyes

Are you an MRA or something? How can men be oppressed in a patriarchy?

The law might be poorly thought through, but seeing as the problem of violence and sexual assault against women on college campuses is so widespread it was only a matter of time before they started getting tough.
bigverne

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
problem of violence and sexual assault against women on college campuses is so widespread

According to who?
Fox

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aq8knyus wrote:

When men show concern about the anti-male elements of feminism, they're told, "No, don't worry, patriarchy hurts men, too, so feminism helps everyone!" Then when a man complains about a specific way in which men are actually being done harm, the feminist turns around and incredulously asks, "How can men be oppressed in a patriarchy?"
KimchiNinja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aq8knyus wrote:
How can men be oppressed in a patriarchy?

Fox already answered this better than I could. It sort of blows my mind that people say things like what you just said. But then that is how deep the brainwashing goes...
Kuros

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirius black wrote:

There is a legal remedy already and this is overkill. If we are going to have this definition on the books and if it is so, then I raped my present girlfriend by this defininition, since she said "I shouldn't, you're awful" while nibbling on her...er....I'll stop there....then we should legalize prostitution. And I would encourage all men to videotape their sexual encouters as an insurance policy against prosecution if you piss her off.

There's no change in legal remedy. This clarifies the definition of consent for college campuses.

Quote:
If enacted, it would make colleges adopt a student conduct policy requiring “affirmative, conscious, and voluntary agreement to engage in sexual activity,” as a condition for state funding. The bill defines consent to sex as the presence of a “yes” rather than the absence of a “no,” a cultural shift that victim’s groups have long advocated. In practice, colleges would be required to use the bill’s definition when they teach students about sexual assault during orientations, and when investigating claims of sexual assault. It would apply any public or private colleges that receive state financial aid funding.

The woman does not need to say "yes." She only needs to affirmatively and voluntarily agree. Basically, she needs to express consent. Not much has changed, but the clarification may be helpful in a minority of cases.

The reactions on this thread, they are quite amusing.
KimchiNinja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuros wrote:
The reactions on this thread, they are quite amusing.

The people in that society who have had their lives ruined probably aren't that amused. Idea
aq8knyus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox wrote:
aq8knyus wrote:

When men show concern about the anti-male elements of feminism, they're told, "No, don't worry, patriarchy hurts men, too, so feminism helps everyone!" Then when a man complains about a specific way in which men are actually being done harm, the feminist turns around and incredulously asks, "How can men be oppressed in a patriarchy?"

Anti-women laws and government policies are imposed by power elites that are male dominated, in the extreme.

That is an aspect of what we call patriarchy.

This measure is just a poorly thought out law.

It was not imposed by an anti-men female dominated elite with the power to ride roughshod over an excluded group.

I was responding to KN's comment about how there is a policy to keep men down in the US and how they are controlled.

As an American man do you feel oppressed? Are you a victim of the Feminist agenda?
aq8knyus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KimchiNinja wrote:
aq8knyus wrote:
How can men be oppressed in a patriarchy?

Fox already answered this better than I could. It sort of blows my mind that people say things like what you just said. But then that is how deep the brainwashing goes...

Yes, it is usually a good idea for you to say as little as possible.
KimchiNinja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aq8knyus wrote:
As an American man do you feel oppressed? Are you a victim of the Feminist agenda?

Q: are you a male and have you ever lived in the USA? It is an aggressively anti-male society. Though I am not saying the men there realize that. Most are clueless chumps who support their own oppression.
Fox

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aq8knyus wrote:
Fox wrote:
aq8knyus wrote:

Anti-women laws and government policies are imposed by power elites that are male dominated, in the extreme.

That is an aspect of what we call patriarchy.

This measure is just a poorly thought out law.

It was not imposed by an anti-men female dominated elite with the power to ride roughshod over an excluded group.

I was responding to KN's comment about how there is a policy to keep men down in the US and how they are controlled.

If you think I'm going to discuss your feminism with you, you're very wrong. It was no accident that my sardonic comment lacked any second person pronouns.
aq8knyus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Fox"]
aq8knyus wrote:
Fox wrote:
aq8knyus wrote:

If you think I'm going to discuss your feminism with you, you're very wrong. It was no accident that my sardonic comment lacked any second person pronouns.

Well my original comment was directed at KN, so I dont know why you stuck your oar in anyway.

Not that I do not sympathise with your plight as an oppressed man.
aq8knyus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KimchiNinja wrote:
aq8knyus wrote:

Q: are you a male and have you ever lived in the USA? It is an aggressively anti-male society. Though I am not saying the men there realize that. Most are clueless chumps who support their own oppression.

Wow...whether in the US or Korea women are quite clearly the ones who are disempowered and excluded.

The law to protect women from sexual assault on college campuses is not an example of men being oppressed. Despite what you may think your right to have sex with drunken women is not sacred.
KimchiNinja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aq8knyus wrote:
KimchiNinja wrote:
aq8knyus wrote:

Wow...whether in the US or Korea women are quite clearly the ones who are disempowered and excluded.

The law to protect women from sexual assault on college campuses is not an example of men being oppressed. Despite what you may think your right to have sex with drunken women is not sacred.

From your posts I think you are probably quite young and still live in a dream world. That's fine, it's a normal stage in human development.
aq8knyus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KimchiNinja wrote:
aq8knyus wrote:
KimchiNinja wrote:
aq8knyus wrote:

From your posts I think you are probably quite young and still live in a dream world. That's fine, it's a normal stage in human development.

Are pulling age rank on me? Am I supposed to say something like 나이 먹은 게 자랑인가 at this point.

Let's play the ball and not the man.

Why do you think that this law is in any way a part of a wider plot to 'keep men down'?
KimchiNinja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aq8knyus wrote:
Let's play the ball and not the man.

Nope; age, gender and nationality are relevant.

You still didn't answer, are you a young American woman? Because that would explain a lot. Idea
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: