Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Peak Retard
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
caniff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Peak Retard Reply with quote

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-04-24/wtf-headline-day-justin-bieber-visits-japans-yasukuni-war-shrine

With President Obama in the middle of the pissing match between Japan and China's nationalist provocations, we thought it perfectly appropriate that none other than Justin Bieber would visit the Class-A war criminal housing Yasukuni shrine. As might be expected, his actions stirred up controversy... We are sure Obama was quick to point out that Bieber is Canadian...

We are due for a catastrophic asteroid strike, immense solar EMP, I dunno what, but we as a species are absolutely begging for a major ass-whuppin'.

Feel free to add your own irrelevant reports/topics - it could be fun.

Last edited by caniff on Fri May 02, 2014 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chaparrastique

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting tired of salvaging your threads Caniff. Not much we can do to make this one a winner I'm afraid Laughing
caniff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate your efforts, but in this case it deserves to die in peace (if not dignity).
caniff

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm resurrecting this god-awful thread and re-branding it as "Peak Retard" because it seems that's the point my government has reached. (Or not yet? Undoubtedly there's more to come from these bastards).

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-02/friday-humor-you-cant-make-stuff

Sorry if anyone is miffed by the retard reference (full-on retarded), but if so then get over yourself already.
guavashake

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a joke about the peak retard in chief in the white house.

Teacher: Class, I want you to include Obama in a complete sentence.

Student: I can do it, teacher!

When I'm alone, I'm Obama self.
Kuros

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caniff wrote:
I'm resurrecting this god-awful thread and re-branding it as "Peak Retard" because it seems that's the point my government has reached. (Or not yet? Undoubtedly there's more to come from these bastards).

So if the gov't has reached Peak Retard, does that mean that it cannot get any stupider? Seems more likely that there's increasing retardation to come before things get better.
caniff

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guavashake wrote:
Here's a joke about the peak retard in chief in the white house.

Teacher: Class, I want you to include Obama in a complete sentence.

Student: I can do it, teacher!

When I'm alone, I'm Obama self.

Obama and Biden are big into selfies. These are people who are supposed to be world leaders and they act like high-schoolers.
caniff

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuros wrote:
caniff wrote:

So if the gov't has reached Peak Retard, does that mean that it cannot get any stupider? Seems more likely that there's increasing retardation to come before things get better.

I know. We're basically screwed. Or screwed basically. Or "Basically, we're screwed." Take your pick.

Last edited by caniff on Fri May 02, 2014 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Leon

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caniff wrote:

Sorry if anyone is miffed by the retard reference (full-on retarded), but if so then get over yourself already.

Prognosis: 2% chance of being enacted
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr4223

This law has very little chance of passing, so like what's the big deal? Surely you can find much better examples than this. Is this the peak of over reacting?
caniff

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, there's LOTS of examples of extreme US governmental retardation these days. Do I need to list them and sacrifice my long weekend?
Leon

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caniff wrote:
Oh, there's LOTS of examples of extreme US governmental retardation these days. Do I need to list them and sacrifice my long weekend?

Of course not, but it is a shame that out of all the potential things to call peak retard you picked such a complete non-issue.
caniff

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leon wrote:
caniff wrote:

Of course not, but it is a shame that out of all the potential things to call peak retard you picked such a complete non-issue.

It's the current environment, and the fact it's even being discussed says a lot.

As an aside, are you aware how difficult it is to give up your US citizenship (slavery status)? We are chattel in the government's view. Nice, huh?
Leon

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caniff wrote:
Leon wrote:
caniff wrote:

It's the current environment, and the fact it's even being discussed says a lot.

As an aside, are you aware how difficult it is to give up your US citizenship (slavery status)? We are chattel in the government's view. Nice, huh?

People are stupid, including elected representatives, and discuss a lot of stupid things.

I am now aware of how hard it is to give up your citizenship. It seems easier than some places, and harder than others. I find it interesting that the U.S. doesn't require you, like most other states, to have already acquired another citizenship before giving it up, allowing you to be completely stateless. I wonder how that would even work.
caniff

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leon wrote:
caniff wrote:
Leon wrote:
caniff wrote:

People are stupid, including elected representatives, and discuss a lot of stupid things.

I am now aware of how hard it is to give up your citizenship. It seems easier than some places, and harder than others. I find it interesting that the U.S. doesn't require you, like most other states, to have already acquired another citizenship before giving it up, allowing you to be
completely stateless. I wonder how that would even work.

US policy in most areas seems to be "baffle them with bullshit".
geldedgoat

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leon wrote:
caniff wrote:

Prognosis: 2% chance of being enacted
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr4223

This law has very little chance of passing, so like what's the big deal? Surely you can find much better examples than this. Is this the peak of over reacting?

The arms supply certainly seems like a big deal, and that's really happening.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: