Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cambodia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaeguKid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Cambodia Reply with quote

Heading to Cambodia this winter. Angkor Wot. Phnom Penh. Sihanoukville area. I have just under two weeks. Looking for some site seeing in the first two stops and some chill time on the beach to end it.

Would love some insights in what to see and what to skip. Thanks

DK
fezmond

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This info is about 7 years old but...

Loved Phnom Penh though most people said it was boring. The national museum was intersting, sueol 21 (spelling?) and the killing fields were worth seeing. Shooting AK47s and eating happy pizzas at night were good days.

Siem Reap was kinda crap for meeting people but that may have been xmas blues. Obviously Angkor is fantastic to spend 3/5 days in. Especially the more far flung temples.
emetib

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lived in Cambodia for a little while last year-both Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville.

Phnom Penh is good if you want to stay and then look at the palace/killing fields/prison etc. You can do that all in 1-2 days if you want.

I prefer Sihanoukville as it is much cleaner and cooler. There is good food there...you can go out during the day to scuba dive/snorkel etc. I miss it actually. Loved living there. It was a very slow-going pace of life.

Of course do Angkor.
Shimokitazawa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emetib wrote:
Lived in Cambodia for a little while last year-both Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville.

Phnom Penh is good if you want to stay and then look at the palace/killing fields/prison etc. You can do that all in 1-2 days if you want.

I prefer Sihanoukville as it is much cleaner and cooler. There is good food there...you can go out during the day to scuba dive/snorkel etc. I miss it actually. Loved living there. It was a very slow-going pace of life.

Of course do Angkor.

Are happy pizzas still available with the orginal ingredients?

Motorbike rentals?

Girls?

How does it compare to Thailand?

Who's that Canadian guy who got addicted to heorioin there and was shacked up with an Australian journalist and had a kid? Does he still post here? I think he was from Toronto. He had loads of information but from what I read he had to leave Cambodia. Maybe his info is a bit dated, now, though. Unless he's returned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: