Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amsterdam Hotel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shimokitazawa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject: Amsterdam Hotel Reply with quote

Anyone have a good recommendation for a hotel in Amsterdam, preferably in the central district?

Thanks.
le-paul

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

last time i went to Amsterdam, i stayed in a canal boat. I really enjoyed the experience. I got it through hostel bookers .com or some such thing. Id recommend that unless you want to have prostitutes - i have no idea how that particular thing works...
Shimokitazawa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somewhere around the Central District our the Jordaan District would be best.

Thanks.
climber159

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Airbnb. Accommodation is expensive in Amsterdam...even more so than in London, I've found.
Deja

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, and way crappier than many third world countries often!

Find anything far from the center, cheap. It will be better than most other hotels, much cheaper, and considering the public transport in Amsterdam is among the best in the world, just a short trip to anywhere you want within the city.

P.S. Buy water when you arrive, if your hotel is not in the center. Some hotels don't have any type of water for purchase even (or only have sparkling). Not as bad as Germany (where most hotels have only sparkling) though.
thrylos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are quite a few inexpensive(??) places on Beursstraat, the road behind the Amsterdam Stock Market, it's parallel to the 'red light district', a short 5 minute walk from Central Station.

Not sure of the current prices, but a couple of years back in off season (fall/winter), got a decent room for under 50euro. Not too bad. Also check out Maggies and Groenendael (sp??) guesthouses/hotels, a couple of other cheap places on the way to the Jordaan in Centraal.

Finally, if you're willing to stay just out of town a bit (think past Leideseplein, around the Vondelpark), lots of nice B/B's for around 50/night with breakfast, especially on and around Overtoom. Agoda/Hostelworld is your friend.
tomwaits

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent 4 nights there. The first I had a hotel in advance on PC Hoofstraat which is sort of their Park Lane I guess. It was a quiet area but it was close to the famous museums. Nice but stupid overpriced at about 200US a night.
My last night I walked around and found a place near the train station above a coffee shop for ABOUT 30 Euro A night. Was a bit weird but if you just sightsee and sleep there its OK.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: