Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where to shop in Busan?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chopstix

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Where to shop in Busan? Reply with quote

My girlfriend and I are going to Busan for the holidays and I am wondering where the good shopping areas are? Good clubs?

Any helpful info is welcome!
sadsac

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out www.pusanweb.com, lots of good info there. Smile
jsr6f

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: busan tourist spots Reply with quote

one of the most lovely places is "Yonggungsa" temple, past haeundae-- last time i went it was ugly on account of a lot of metal scaffolding set up to hold lanterns for buddha's b-day (but that probably made it pretty at night). It's a seaside temple, and there is a bus that goes there, but its past haeundae beach, off the beaten path. Beomosa is the biggest temple in busan and there's a good hike there, but the temple itself isnt terribly different from others i've seen in korea.

Haeundae is the resort part of town and is more picturesque than Nampo-dong (old downtown harbor district), but both have good restaurants. Nampo is close to Daedaepo beach and Tongdosa peninsula, both are gorgeous spots.

If you like sushi, you can't miss Gwangan- gwangalli beach has a ton of 'hwet jips' -- my advice is haggle for fish on the downstairs market of a big house (like millennium hwet jip) then bring the dead fish/squiggly octopi upstairs in a bag for a restauranteur to prepare for you. Delicious!
napoleon8

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Dongdaemun-style shopping in Busan? Reply with quote

In Seoul the Dongdaemun shopping mecca has several places that sell Western-imported goods such as over-the-counter medicine, shampoo, deoderant, and food. Everything has English labels, just as if you were shopping in an English-speaking country. I was wondering if Busan has any place like this. If you know of such a place, please let me know!
Freezer Burn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing really like dongdamun, but you can try Nanpo-dong its a large markety-type place that sells a lot of things, there is a 'black market' shop around but its crap.
Other shopping areas are Seomyeon (the centre of the city) both subway lines cross through there...huge Lotte dept store.
Other than that you just have to try your luck at places, clothes for guys in Busan SUCK!!!! not sure what they are like for girls.
Western clubs: a few in Kyungsan-do called Vinyl and Foxy, just do a search on here for exact details, also a Irish bar in Gaya.
sheba

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a small international section at the markets in Nampo-dong but its not THAT great....

Seomyeon is aparently "The Place" to shop in Busan, but we didnt get there on our travels...
VanIslander

Location: Geoje, Hadong, Tongyeong,... now in a small coastal island town outside Gyeongsangnamdo!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gukje market is a fun shopping area of outdoor displays and crowded narrow streets near Nampodong. At first glance it looks like nothing special. But wander the side streets throughout the large area and you'll find all sorts of things.

It's like night and day compared to nampodong, in term of prices, style and layout.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: