Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Airline to fly Return to London...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saram_

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:09 pm    Post subject: Best Airline to fly Return to London... Reply with quote

Hi all,
What have been yer experiences of flying the various Airlines to London or perhaps any Long Range flights..

My choices are Lufthansa, Etihad, British Airways, Korean Air.
Going to be flying in the Summer.

In terms of comfort v affordability how would the above airlines rate?
Thinking of going with British Airways or Etihad.

Thanks.
young_clinton

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Saudi Air Laughing
young_clinton

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're truly looking for best quality flight, Korean Air or Asiana. These are very close to the best you can get anywhere.
Jake_Kim

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnair?
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Best Airline to fly Return to London... Reply with quote

saram_ wrote:
Hi all,
What have been yer experiences of flying the various Airlines to London or perhaps any Long Range flights..

My choices are Lufthansa, Etihad, British Airways, Korean Air.
Going to be flying in the Summer.

In terms of comfort v affordability how would the above airlines rate?
Thinking of going with British Airways or Etihad.

Thanks.

Etihad is pretty nice, but I would choose non-stop via Korean Air or British Airways versus 1-stop with Etihad if the price was around the same.
Lazio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asiana and Korean Air would be a couple hundred dollars more than the cheapest option. If you want to go direct than British. Most likely they are the cheapest among the three.

Qatar, Etihad and Emirates are all great at a good price. They often have promos. Most likely you will find one or more of them among the cheapest options for any random date.
They fly both legs of the trip with wide-body aircrafts which is a lot more comfortable to be in than a 1 isle jet.
It would take a little longer that way though as they are down South.

I flew Finnair, Lufthansa, Aeroflot, Qatar, Emirates, Korean Air and Turkish long haul and although some are better than others, for me the price is the deal breaker. I would avoid Chinese companies though.
young_clinton

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would pay the extra $100 for the services of Korean or Asiana. Any Arab airline I would avoid due to any possible lack of good service due to Arab culture and mores being applied across the board to the passengers.
wawawawonder

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

young_clinton wrote:
I would pay the extra $100 for the services of Korean or Asiana. Any Arab airline I would avoid due to any possible lack of good service due to Arab culture and mores being applied across the board to the passengers.

That's frankly a bit silly.

Just a quick search (albeit, I'll admit, far from exhaustive) finds these rankings for the world's top airlines from 2013:

1 Emirates
2 Qatar Airways
3 Singapore Airlines
4 ANA All Nippon Airways
5 Asiana Airlines
6 Cathay Pacific Airways
7 Etihad Airways
8 Garuda Indonesia
9 Turkish Airlines
10 Qantas Airways

1, 2, and 7 are all Arab airlines.
FMPJ

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

young_clinton wrote:

Yikes, what an uninformed, provincial point of view.
young_clinton

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wawawawonder wrote:
young_clinton wrote:

That's frankly a bit silly.

It is not silly. I've been around and traveled a lot and generally you want to travel either the Korea based airlines or the Taiwan based airlines or maybe Singapore Airlines.

wawawawonder wrote:

1 Emirates
2 Qatar Airways

Emirates and Qatar would have to provide a pretty good price for me to travel on them. I'm not interested in Arab Muslim sensitivities and Arab airlines pull passengers off of flights to make room for fellow Arabs. It's especially easy for them to do that if its a Filipino or some other third world person, which of course is what they are too.
young_clinton

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FMPJ wrote:
young_clinton wrote:

I just read a book that explains how some Middle Eastern airlines boot people off of flights (for instance Filipinos etc.) at the last minute to make room for Arabs who have decided to fly at the last moment. It gives examples from Gulf Air and Kuwait Air, and explains that it is quite common on airlines that fly in the Middle East like Saudia and others. I wouldn't necessarily expect that to happen to me outside the Middle East, but I will re-iterate what I said, Arab culture, customs and mores is for Arabs and not to be applied to me.
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

young_clinton wrote:
FMPJ wrote:
young_clinton wrote:

I just read a book that explains how some Middle Eastern airlines boot people off of flights (for instance Filipinos etc.) at the last minute to make room for Arabs who have decided to fly at the last moment. It gives examples from Gulf Air and Kuwait Air, and explains that it is quite common on airlines that fly in the Middle East like Saudia and others. I wouldn't necessarily expect that to happen to me outside the Middle East, but I will re-iterate what I said, Arab culture, customs and mores is for Arabs and not to be applied to me.

Gulf Air, Kuwait Air, and Saudia are very different from Emirates, Qatar, and Etihad. It's like pointing to Spirit Air here in the USA to explain why you refuse to fly Jet Blue. Give me a break.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: