Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can I fly out while my passoport is being renewed?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zackback

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:33 pm    Post subject: Can I fly out while my passoport is being renewed? Reply with quote

Need to get away for awhile but I have to get my passport renewed. When I submit my documents don't I get to hold onto my old passport? Thus I can still fly out of the country until the new one is ready, right?
CentralCali

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely not. When you submit your passport renewal application, your current passport goes along with it. When the new passport is issued, you will receive both the new passport and the canceled old passport.
ttompatz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralCali wrote:
Absolutely not. When you submit your passport renewal application, your current passport goes along with it. When the new passport is issued, you will receive both the new passport and the canceled old passport.

Maybe, maybe not.

Some embassies hold your passport (usually those with a short turnaround application time - like Canada).

Some return your passport to you and then cancel it when you pick up your new one at the embassy (long turnaround time) because you shouldn't be stranded abroad for months without a passport.

It would depend on the country of origin of the OP.

To answer his question:

If he holds his passport during the renewal process then he can fly during the renewal process (unless the validity remaining on his current passport is less than 6 months).

If they take and hold his passport during the renewal process then he cannot fly internationally.

Fallacy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Can I fly out while my passoport is being renewed? Reply with quote

Zackback wrote:
Need to get away for awhile but I have to get my passport renewed. When I submit my documents don't I get to hold onto my old passport? Thus I can still fly out of the country until the new one is ready, right?
Yes, if your renewal circumstances are as ttompatz explained, or if you have a duplicate passport; no, if not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: