Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hongdo and Heuksando accomodation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sligo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:13 am    Post subject: Hongdo and Heuksando accomodation Reply with quote

I have decided to have a domestic vacation this year, and booked ferry tickets to Hongdo and Heuksando in the last weeks of July (i know the entire country holidays then). I have been before (chuseok 2007) and found it quite easy to find a place to stay for the night, but, as mentioned this time will be prime holiday time. I am having touble finding any hotels/motels/places to stay. Does anyone know of any websites that deal with places to stay, or will it be as easy to find places to stay as last time?
sab2197

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I know this info comes a little late for you, but maybe it can help someone else who is interested in Heuksando in the future.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about Hongdo, so I can't comment on that.

This year, I went for a short trip to Heuksando for Chuseok. It was pretty dead. I very easily found a place to sleep for 40,000 a night. There are a few hotels right near the ferry terminal when you get to Heuksando.

Also, people do camp on the island, but I ran into a whole bunch of no camping signs and no fire signs so I lost my nerve to try it and just got a room. A random family invited me to eat dinner with them while I was there and they said about ten foreigners from Russia just left the island the day before and had been camping along the beach. So, maybe I could have camped.

I highly recommend Heuksando. It's quiet, it seems to have a more traditional feel than the mainland, and the locals are extremely friendly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: