Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Iowa (& later NH) US Prez Primary Results
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coltronator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also from the math the 23 vs. 21 would have been 22 vs. 22 if Hillary had only won 3/6 coin flips instead of 6/6.
Swartz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuros wrote:
Allow me to share how I cope with those who invade my hugbox and call me out for being the weak man that I am: I behave like an elementary schoolgirl and call them a troll. For us remaining cisgendered white liberal males who are out of touch with reality, hyper-estrogenized, and no longer capable of competing in the marketplace of ideas, this makes the lie we live much easier.

---------

Iowa shouldn't matter. The system is bizarre and they picked Santorum last time. I'm more concerned about (more) fraud as we move down the line. Everyone knows our system is rigged and right out of the gate we have issues like whatever that coin flip was about and Rubio's (the EST's man on the right) second largest donor being the vote tallier.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/31/one-marco-rubios-biggest-financial-backers-tally-iowa-caucuses/

...Really?

"It's probably not a big deal," says the dope who still hasn't made the switch to Linux.
Fox

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swartz wrote:

Iowa shouldn't matter.

Your opponents in the "dual citizen media" agree with you: again and again I've heard complaints about Iowa and New Hampshire, and how they "shouldn't matter" so much. Of course, in their case, they think they shouldn't matter because those are heavily populated by European Americans.
Fox

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coltronator wrote:
Also from the math the 23 vs. 21 would have been 22 vs. 22 if Hillary had only won 3/6 coin flips instead of 6/6.

I saw someone suggest that in the "coin flip" situations, the flip should happen only once to determine the first winner, and after that, it should alternate (or rotate, in the case of multiple candidates, with the order of rotation likewise being determined randomly). That pattern would have produced a 3/3 split, and the system would make much more sense. Of course, talking about caucuses in terms of "making sense" is probably itself an error.
Swartz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox wrote:
Swartz wrote:

Iowa shouldn't matter.

Your opponents in the "dual citizen media" agree with you: again and again I've heard complaints about Iowa and New Hampshire, and how they "shouldn't matter" so much. Of course, in their case, they think they shouldn't matter because those are heavily populated by European Americans.

You're right, that's exactly what they think. It takes a little longer for cultural enrichment to proliferate in a place like Iowa, hence the poor decision-making. But I meant “shouldn't matter” as in “shouldn't be a factor” in the long run, this time around. Of course, four to eight more years of anyone but Trump will ensure that the GE voting habits of non-suicidal Whites won't matter again until the house of debt falls or they shoot their way out.
catman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trump will end up running as an independent anyway.
Titus2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catman wrote:

No, he won't.

Where is the Trump thread?
Titus2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leon wrote:
Swartz wrote:
Leon wrote:
Swartz wrote:
Northway, Leon, and Kuros are absolutely hopeless, though Kuros is feigning like he gets it above. These “guys” are signally MSM repeater drones with no original opinions and they should never be allowed to speak about their discontent with the “establishment,” because they do it's job for it. They want nice lies from career swindlers and the big brother state, and they're too feminized to handle real talk from a man our establishment is actually threatened by without mimicking MSM whines regarding his tone. What a beta fest.

Too many adjectives get in the way of clear succinct writing. Care to try again in a more readable fashion, and perhaps add your own thoughts about Iowa and NH?

Leon, your grammar is terrible, you make errors constantly, and you fail to form coherent arguments every time we converse. I was being favorable towards you not bringing these things up when you would try to criticize my methods of communication, but niceties only go so far, don't they? Don't embarrass yourself again, bud.

I actually get paid very well to help people improve their writing, you should be glad for the free advice. Although writing on a phone does hurt my writing, I will admit. So, what do you think about Iowa and NH?

Level 10 status signaling.
Leon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus2 wrote:
Leon wrote:
Swartz wrote:
Leon wrote:
Swartz wrote:
Northway, Leon, and Kuros are absolutely hopeless, though Kuros is feigning like he gets it above. These “guys” are signally MSM repeater drones with no original opinions and they should never be allowed to speak about their discontent with the “establishment,” because they do it's job for it. They want nice lies from career swindlers and the big brother state, and they're too feminized to handle real talk from a man our establishment is actually threatened by without mimicking MSM whines regarding his tone. What a beta fest.

Too many adjectives get in the way of clear succinct writing. Care to try again in a more readable fashion, and perhaps add your own thoughts about Iowa and NH?

Leon, your grammar is terrible, you make errors constantly, and you fail to form coherent arguments every time we converse. I was being favorable towards you not bringing these things up when you would try to criticize my methods of communication, but niceties only go so far, don't they? Don't embarrass yourself again, bud.

I actually get paid very well to help people improve their writing, you should be glad for the free advice. Although writing on a phone does hurt my writing, I will admit. So, what do you think about Iowa and NH?

It does read like that. It's a thread about Trump (kind of) so why not?
Titus2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leon wrote:
Titus2 wrote:
Leon wrote:
Swartz wrote:
Leon wrote:
Swartz wrote:

The guy called himself "the establishment". I do hope you're coming around to my idea of signaling as the opiate of the white masses.
The Cosmic Hum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus2 wrote:
catman wrote:

No, he won't.

Where is the Trump thread?

Seriously. What happened to it?
Was it so much winning that someone got bored of winning?
Plain Meaning

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus2 wrote:
Leon wrote:
Swartz wrote:
Leon wrote:
Swartz wrote:

What is the point of such a comment?

Its not as if Leon comes into every thread status signalling. There is usually an intervening proximate cause for it.

This also answers your earlier question.
Leon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plain Meaning wrote:
Titus2 wrote:
Leon wrote:
Swartz wrote:
Leon wrote:
Swartz wrote:

What is the point of such a comment?

Its not as if Leon comes into every thread status signalling. There is usually an intervening proximate cause for it.

This also answers your earlier question.

To clear things up, I am not actually trying to 'status-signal'. Helping people with writing is not my main job, it is something I do on the side for maybe 2-3 hours a week. I do get paid well for what I do, but its just a side gig so hardly indicative of status (which was not clear in my original post).
Leon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus2 wrote:
Leon wrote:
Titus2 wrote:
Leon wrote:
Swartz wrote:
Leon wrote:
Swartz wrote:

The guy called himself "the establishment". I do hope you're coming around to my idea of signaling as the opiate of the white masses.

Are you referring to me as the guy? Every culture engages in signaling, so I hardly see it as unique to whites.
Plain Meaning

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little under 50% of precincts are reported in New Hampshire.

Called for Sanders, although at this time he is even with Clinton for delegates because six super delegates went for Clinton.

Trump decisively won. The race for second looks to favor Kasich. Rubio looks like he may be at the bottom of the establishment scrum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: