Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Future Legacy of President DJT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How will the DJT Presidency be regarded?
Greatened America
38%
 38%  [ 14 ]
Bankrupted America
33%
 33%  [ 12 ]
Entertained America
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Enraged America
19%
 19%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 36

Fallacy

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 7:51 am    Post subject: The Future Legacy of President DJT Reply with quote

Imagine the unthinkable is all over, and the elected term(s) finished: What will be the outcome of this honorable/horrific period to historians? Forecast.
Plain Meaning

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He would be impeached.
On the other hand

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plain Meaning wrote:
He would be impeached.

Or, so hamstrung by a hostile congress(no matter which party is in control) that he can't actually implement any of his febrile musings, and ends up just governing as a typical conservative Republican, while continuing to make outrageous remarks now and then to keep his fans and the media happy.
Titus2

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No new jewish wars in the Middle East.

Better relations with Russia.

Executive action on getting the illegals out.

No TPP / TTIP.

Pretty good stuff. A dream.
Plain Meaning

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the other hand wrote:
Plain Meaning wrote:
He would be impeached.

Or, so hamstrung by a hostile congress(no matter which party is in control) that he can't actually implement any of his febrile musings, and ends up just governing as a typical conservative Republican, while continuing to make outrageous remarks now and then to keep his fans and the media happy.

Ryan's decision to set aside Trump

Quote:
“I think what a lot of Republicans want to see is that we have a standard bearer that bears our standards,” he told Jake Tapper in the bombshell interview that was taped shortly before it aired on Thursday afternoon.

“I think conservatives want to know, does he share our values and our principles on limited government, the proper role of the executive, adherence to the Constitution?” Ryan added. “There are lots of questions that conservatives, I think, are gonna want answers to, myself included. I want to be a part of this unifying process. I want to help to unify this party.”

Ryan pre-taped the interview and didn't watch it live. He was at a campaign rally with Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson. Ryan gave GOP chairman and fellow Wisconsinite Reince Priebus a heads-up before it aired.

Trump's campaign was stunned by Ryan's interview.

. . .

Ryan's decision will likely force Trump to come to Capitol Hill and prove his mettle. Trump's team Thursday was already trying to set up meetings in Washington, and Ryan's orbit would welcome an audience with the party's presumptive nominee.

For the past four months, as Trump soared in the polls, Ryan has watched warily. A ban on Muslims in the U.S.? That's not what this country is about, he said. A hesitance to disavow white supremacists? Really? Trump even blasted free-trade agreements — pacts that Ryan strongly supports.

But after repeating the standard line for months that he would support the party's nominee, the country's highest-ranking Republican could not bring himself to do so once Trump actually became that person. And so, in the most searing and drastic defection of this wild campaign season, Ryan broke ranks with the brash New York billionaire.

Ryan's move came just hours after Trump tweeted "I love Hispanics!" along with a picture of him eating a taco bowl, not exactly the kind of fence-mending with a growing voting bloc that GOP brass had in mind for Trump's general election pivot. But Ryan's decision to buck the nominee-in-waiting was borne out of opposition to Trump's principles, not any particular policy, according to a source familiar with his thinking.

It turns out that winning the Republican nomination comes with a whole lot of baggage, for example, the Republican platform.
trueblue

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plain Meaning wrote:
On the other hand wrote:
Plain Meaning wrote:
He would be impeached.

Ryan's decision to set aside Trump

Quote:
“I think what a lot of Republicans want to see is that we have a standard bearer that bears our standards,” he told Jake Tapper in the bombshell interview that was taped shortly before it aired on Thursday afternoon.

“I think conservatives want to know, does he share our values and our principles on limited government, the proper role of the executive, adherence to the Constitution?” Ryan added. “There are lots of questions that conservatives, I think, are gonna want answers to, myself included. I want to be a part of this unifying process. I want to help to unify this party.”

Ryan pre-taped the interview and didn't watch it live. He was at a campaign rally with Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson. Ryan gave GOP chairman and fellow Wisconsinite Reince Priebus a heads-up before it aired.

Trump's campaign was stunned by Ryan's interview.

. . .

Ryan's decision will likely force Trump to come to Capitol Hill and prove his mettle. Trump's team Thursday was already trying to set up meetings in Washington, and Ryan's orbit would welcome an audience with the party's presumptive nominee.

For the past four months, as Trump soared in the polls, Ryan has watched warily. A ban on Muslims in the U.S.? That's not what this country is about, he said. A hesitance to disavow white supremacists? Really? Trump even blasted free-trade agreements — pacts that Ryan strongly supports.

But after repeating the standard line for months that he would support the party's nominee, the country's highest-ranking Republican could not bring himself to do so once Trump actually became that person. And so, in the most searing and drastic defection of this wild campaign season, Ryan broke ranks with the brash New York billionaire.

Ryan's move came just hours after Trump tweeted "I love Hispanics!" along with a picture of him eating a taco bowl, not exactly the kind of fence-mending with a growing voting bloc that GOP brass had in mind for Trump's general election pivot. But Ryan's decision to buck the nominee-in-waiting was borne out of opposition to Trump's principles, not any particular policy, according to a source familiar with his thinking.

It turns out that winning the Republican nomination comes with a whole lot of baggage, for example, the Republican platform.

How about you define it, as is? Then, perhaps, you can show how it has changed during history. From there, could you do a compare and contract of the Democratic Party vs the Republican party?

Seriously, I think you must be a gutter-sniper for some rag outlet such as MediaMatters. In case all else fails, you could surely make a quick dime in reporting nonsense.
yodanole

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is currently no one with those initials in any imminent danger of becoming the president of the United States.
goat

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Donald T becomes the POTUS, he is going to be the greatest leader the world has ever known. I'm being sincere.
trueblue

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goat wrote:
If Donald T becomes the POTUS, he is going to be the greatest leader the world has ever known. I'm being sincere.

...sincerely over-dramatic.
yodanole

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Elephant Man ...

https://www.facebook.com/marlette.cartoons/photos/a.877045612327001.1073741826.877045575660338/1182986641732895/?type=3
Plain Meaning

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

re: Trump on Judge Curial

Titus2 wrote:
he is touching a taboo that the media can not help but hysterically react to and as a result the focus stays on him and away from HRC gaining the nomination. I think you should read Art of the Deal. His strategy is laid out in it.

I want to know how he will govern, too.

Trump the illiberal democrat

Quote:
Former CIA Director Michael Hayden ignited some speculative debate when he said that the military “would refuse to act” if ordered by a President Trump to take actions that were clearly illegal, such as killing the families of terrorists. Moreover, he said, military commanders are “required not to follow an unlawful order.” Even short of flagrant illegality, the military can still do what it’s done, at times, with nearly every sitting president. Peter Feaver, a leading expert on civil-military relations, notes that “the historical record is replete with cases of the military shirking—withholding information and options, slow-rolling, end-runs to Congress and the media, inflating cost estimates, etc.—to thwart civilian policies they deem to be unwise.” Considering, however, that Trump would likely be more “unwise” than most past presidents, such tensions could intensify well beyond what America’s political system is accustomed to.

How is Trump going to troll his way to victory over the Deep State?

In 2012 or 2013, I was in a taxi cab with a driver from Sudan (not Egypt) who loved Mohamed Morsi. Canadian and other non-American Trump supporters remind me of him, just a bit.
ArabicTeacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make America great again by getting rid of the most extremist aspect of Sunni Islam.
Plain Meaning

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the other hand wrote:
Plain Meaning wrote:
He would be impeached.

He nominated Mike Pence as his Vice President. He could have gone with a poison pill. I say impeachment once Trump is there is at least as likely as Trump's chances of becoming President.
Rteacher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he'll join the ranks of Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, and Kennedy ...
Fox

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus2 wrote:
No new jewish wars in the Middle East.

Better relations with Russia.

Executive action on getting the illegals out.

No TPP / TTIP.

Pretty good stuff. A dream.

So far Titus has correctly called both the Republican Primary and the broader election, insisting both that Mr. Trump would be nominated and that he would win. I myself have to admit I was skeptical on both accounts when we had discussed the matter back during the primaries in a now-deleted thread, but I said at that time I'd keep an open mind regarding the matter and see how Titus' predictions would turn out, and it's clear he had his fingers firmly on the pulse on a pretty large demographic. The only question which remains, then, is whether his third and most ambitious prediction regarding how Mr. Trump would govern turns out to be accurate.

More supply-side economics disasters in American domestic policy are nothing about which to be happy, but if America's foreign policy truly does pivot away from wars of aggression and towards some degree of reconciliation with Russia, that would be positive. Drawing back free trade in favor of domestic industry would also be a big victory for common American workers. Personally speaking, I hope Titus was correct in those assessments, but in any case, now we'll get a chance to confirm.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 1 of 20

Jump to: