Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

is there a bus station at incheon airport
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greyhound

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:50 pm    Post subject: is there a bus station at incheon airport Reply with quote

I have to take a bus or train from Seoul, is it Incheon airport, and I am going to Ulsan. Do I take the bus from the airport or from Seoul city centre? Laughing
ttompatz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: is there a bus station at incheon airport Reply with quote

greyhound wrote:
I have to take a bus or train from Seoul, is it Incheon airport, and I am going to Ulsan. Do I take the bus from the airport or from Seoul city centre? Laughing

You can catch a bus from ICN (I think it is at door 7 - the information counter will know for sure). There are direct buses to most major cities in the country direct from the arrivals level of the airport.

You can also catch a bus or train from Seoul (if you are into the hassle of getting from ICN to Seoul with your luggage just to transfer to another bus.

greyhound

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also which is quicker the bus or the train to Ulsan? How long does it take? I saw I think that there is a flight which takes about 50 mins but the school have just booked me a flight to Seoul and said take a bus or train.
greyhound

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok from the airport then. Thanks
ttompatz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greyhound wrote:
Also which is quicker the bus or the train to Ulsan? How long does it take? I saw I think that there is a flight which takes about 50 mins but the school have just booked me a flight to Seoul and said take a bus or train.

Take the airport bus. It is direct and the fastest.

For anything else you add an extra hour to get into Seoul plus the wait for your bus plus getting through seoul traffic.

There are no flights from ICN to USN. With the exception of a few high volume routes (ICN - PUS) Korean domestic routes are out of Gimpo (GMP).

Bus from ICN to Songdo Transfer Center A.K.A. Ulsan Cross-Country Bus Terminal

The direct bus is 3x per day at 7:40, 13:10 and 18:00.
The fare is 42800 won.
The trip is about 5 hours.

If your arrival is not convenient for the bus then go into Seoul and catch the KTX from Seoul station. Google for directions and how-to.

Door 10C (arrivals level).

CentralCali

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I'd've gone for a direct flight to Gimhae and then the KTX to Ulsan, to be met at the train station by the school's rep. But, you can still grab the KTX at the airport in Incheon and go to Ulsan. It'll take between 3 hours 4 minutes and 3 hours 25 minutes, depending on departure time and type of KTX. The fare will be 65,800 KRW for standard class and 92,100 KRW for first class.

You can book online here, or simply purchase the ticket when you get to Incheon.

ttompatz: KTX now runs to/from Seoul International Airport in Incheon. It's been doing that for at least one year now.
greyhound

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shall take the bus at 18:00 as I arrive at 5pm. That's a long bus ride, 5 hours.
Expensive ticket too. My coach to London costs me just £10. Mind you it's only 2.5-3 hours. You can get Virgin trains to Euston in 55mins but it costs like £80-£150 one way depending on time of travel and then it will cost another about £12 for the underground day pass. Going by coach to London drops me at Victoria station, just a 15 min walk to the embassy of Korea. I checked a taxi fare from Victoria to the embassy and the cheapest is £10 and most expensive about £50. Can you believe it for a 5-10 min taxi ride in London and about 1 mile away.

Anyway, Thanks guys, I'll take this long bus journey for £28 with a back up of the KTX if I'm late.
CentralCali

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your flight's landing after five p.m., there's no way you'll be taking a six p.m. bus.
greyhound

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

16:55 arrival if on time according to the itinerary. The recruiter said to hurry and try to get the 18:00 bus. Surely an hour is enough?
CentralCali

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely not. First, you'll be taking quite a hike from the landing gate to Immigration. Then you're going to be in a big herd waiting to go through Immigration clearance, after which you'll be in another big herd to pick up your baggage, and finally you'll be in a line to purchase your bus ticket.
Aine1979

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It totally depends on the queues at immigration, but at that time on a Saturday I'd say the lines will be pretty busy. You can often have at least an hour's wait at immigration, if not longer.

By the time you get off the flight, get to immigration (which can take quite a while), get through immigration, pick up your luggage, get your bus ticket and get to the bus stop, it's more likely you'll be getting a bus sometime after 7.

Getting the bus is the most straightforward way to get there, unless you are travelling hand luggage only.

Make sure you have some way to contact whoever is picking you up at the bus station to let them know what time your bus will be arriving - there's free wifi in the airport.
greyhound

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last bus goes at 18:00 I think. I don't know though Crying or Very sad
Aine1979

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, just saw that - it is the last bus from the airport. No idea about buses or trains from Seoul, but it's a fair trek from the airport just to get there, so you may well find you'll miss all the last trains and buses from Seoul too.

The last train from the airport is 6:35 so it's unlikely you'll make that either.

Your best bet is probably to find somewhere cheap to stay or just crash in the airport and catch the first bus in the morning.
tophatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going to be a close call. Looks like you might be hanging around the airport until morning. Catch a morning bus if so.
greyhound

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm flying Turkish airlines as well. My brother said they shoulda got me Korean airlines. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: