Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the migration has started
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tophatcat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not that difficult to receive assistance/welfare. Have 4 kids by the age of 19, stay single, drop out of school, vote democrat, and voila, on the dole.

I don't qualify for assistance. I'm in an upper salary/tax bracket.

Yes. A lot of lazy people are on assistance/welfare. If they weren't lazy, they could make enough money to not need assistance.
goat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trump campaigned to create jobs.

Hillary campaigned to create more handout programs.

We now know who the bums are. tophatcat is right.

Lazy people are afraid they might have to work more. That's what the anger and the protests have been about. The Generation Yers. The Generation of entitlement and narcism. They want things they haven't earned. They think they are special.
Kuros

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some facts:

http://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2015/cb15-97.html

Quote:

-Of people enrolled in Medicaid, 35.6 percent participated between one and 12 months and 35.3 percent participated between 37 and 48 months.
-At 38.6 percent, the largest share of SNAP recipients participated between 37 and 48 months.
-At 49.4 percent, the largest share of people receiving housing assistance benefits participated between 37 and 48 months.
-Of people enrolled in the Supplemental Security Income program, 35.6 percent participated between one and 12 months, while 38.2 percent participated between 37 and 48 months.
-At 62.9 percent, the largest share of people participating in TANF participated between one and 12 months.

Here are your tax dollar hogs: http://www.businessinsider.com/the-top-9-biggest-defense-contractors-in-america-2016-5

Quote:

Lockheed Martin. $29 billion obligated over 66,353 contracts.
The Boeing Company.
Raytheon Company.
General Dynamics Corporation.
Northrop Grumman Corporation.
United Technologies Corporation.
L-3 Communications.
BAE Systems.
Humana Inc. $3 billion over 205 contracts.
tophatcat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuros wrote:
Some facts:

Quote:

-Of people enrolled in Medicaid, 35.6 percent participated between one and 12 months and 35.3 percent participated between 37 and 48 months.
-At 38.6 percent, the largest share of SNAP recipients participated between 37 and 48 months.
-At 49.4 percent, the largest share of people receiving housing assistance benefits participated between 37 and 48 months.
-Of people enrolled in the Supplemental Security Income program, 35.6 percent participated between one and 12 months, while 38.2 percent participated between 37 and 48 months.
-At 62.9 percent, the largest share of people participating in TANF participated between one and 12 months.

Here are your tax dollar hogs: http://www.businessinsider.com/the-top-9-biggest-defense-contractors-in-america-2016-5

Quote:

The Boeing Company.
Raytheon Company.
L-3 Communications.
BAE Systems.

WOWzzzzz Exclamation
The medicaid, supplements, and give aways were more than I thought. Even more proof the the handouts need to be drastically cut back. Thanks for sighting that. The old saying, "when you are in a hole, stop digging."

The big companies are working for their money. A lot of jobs are created by these fine institutions. As well, they serve a good purpose for society. Keep up the good work corporates of the world.
CentralCali

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tophatcat wrote:
It's not that difficult to receive assistance/welfare. Have 4 kids by the age of 19, stay single, drop out of school, vote democrat, and voila, on the dole.

Yes. A lot of lazy people are on assistance/welfare. If they weren't lazy, they could make enough money to not need assistance.

I was obviously suggesting you get assistance with preparing your tax forms. The rest of your post is just repeating stereotypes.
J.Q.A.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralCali wrote:
tophatcat wrote:

I was obviously suggesting you get assistance with preparing your tax forms. The rest of your post is just repeating stereotypes.

“I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.”

― Benjamin Franklin
tophatcat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralCali wrote:
tophatcat wrote:

Thank you for the suggestion. I have had a professional tax preparer handling my tax forms for many years.
Kuros

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tophatcat wrote:
Kuros wrote:
Some facts:

Quote:

Quote:

The Boeing Company.
Raytheon Company.
L-3 Communications.
BAE Systems.

WOWzzzzz Exclamation

Did you notice that most recipients of assistance were temporary? Over 70% of Medicaid recipients were enrolled for only 48 months. Over 60% of TANF recipients were enrolled for 12 months or fewer. That is quite amazing when you realize that many of the recipients are single women with children.
CentralCali

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tophatcat wrote:
CentralCali wrote:
tophatcat wrote:

Thank you for the suggestion. I have had a professional tax preparer handling my tax forms for many years.

Then (a) you shouldn't be paying more than your fair share, or (b) you have an odd definition of "fair share".
tophatcat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralCali wrote:
tophatcat wrote:
CentralCali wrote:
tophatcat wrote:

Then (a) you shouldn't be paying more than your fair share, or (b) you have an odd definition of "fair share".

Person a) has 2% of his salary deducted for taxes

Person b) has 3% of his salary deducted for taxes

Person c) has 6% of his salary deducted for taxes

Person d) has 12% of his salary deducted for taxes

nothing fair about this.

I'm Person e)
tophatcat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuros wrote:
tophatcat wrote:
Kuros wrote:
Some facts:

Quote:

Quote:

The Boeing Company.
Raytheon Company.
L-3 Communications.
BAE Systems.

WOWzzzzz Exclamation

Did you notice that most recipients of assistance were temporary? Over 70% of Medicaid recipients were enrolled for only 48 months. Over 60% of TANF recipients were enrolled for 12 months or fewer. That is quite amazing when you realize that many of the recipients are single women with children.

only 48 months

Are you kidding? 48 days should be pushing it!

Single women with children. That's the problem! Single women shouldn't be having children they can't afford, nor should married people.
CentralCali

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graduated tax is not an uncommon concept and seems to be very fair in that someone making more will not be hit as hard by paying a greater percentage of taxes as someone making less would be if there were a flat tax (which, by the way, no jurisdiction on Earth actually has or, in reality, advocates to have).

Regarding immigrants and public assistance, here Here is something for you to ponder.
J.Q.A.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tophatcat wrote:
Kuros wrote:
tophatcat wrote:
Kuros wrote:
Some facts:

Quote:

Quote:

The Boeing Company.
Raytheon Company.
L-3 Communications.
BAE Systems.

WOWzzzzz Exclamation

only 48 months

Single women with children. That's the problem! Single women shouldn't be having children they can't afford, nor should married people.

And... roughly 60-65 % of divorces are inititated by the woman.
goat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Chinese are moving in and buying up property.

2016 saw a big drop in the Korean birth rate.

Hope you have been putting back some of your pay. If not, you better have a really good Plan B.
CentralCali

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.Q.A. wrote:
tophatcat wrote:
Kuros wrote:
tophatcat wrote:
Kuros wrote:
Some facts:

Quote:

Quote:

The Boeing Company.
Raytheon Company.
L-3 Communications.
BAE Systems.

WOWzzzzz Exclamation

only 48 months

And... roughly 60-65 % of divorces are inititated by the woman.

And, of course, an abusive husband is perfectly innocent? That's the problem with just tossing out a statistic with no context.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: