Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prozac and Drug Testing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woollybearcaterpillar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Prozac and Drug Testing Reply with quote

Hello:) I am heading out to Korea around February 20th to teach for a hagwon. I may be paranoid here, but after recieving a final reminder from my recruiter and hearing that certain anxiety meds can give false positives on the drug test conducted shortly after teachers arrive, I'm just a bit worried. I have never used pot or illegal drugs of any kind. I have however, been taking fluoxetine for the past four years, and just stopped around September, but took the about 40 mg I had left around the week of Thanksgiving. Does anyone know if the meds would still be in my system by late February, and if they are likely to give a false positive? Just super nervous, sorry!
candy bar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ues.
coralreefer_1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:56 am    Post subject: Re: Prozac and Drug Testing Reply with quote

woollybearcaterpillar wrote:
Hello:) I am heading out to Korea around February 20th to teach for a hagwon. I may be paranoid here, but after recieving a final reminder from my recruiter and hearing that certain anxiety meds can give false positives on the drug test conducted shortly after teachers arrive, I'm just a bit worried. I have never used pot or illegal drugs of any kind. I have however, been taking fluoxetine for the past four years, and just stopped around September, but took the about 40 mg I had left around the week of Thanksgiving. Does anyone know if the meds would still be in my system by late February, and if they are likely to give a false positive? Just super nervous, sorry!

I dont mean to seem like an ass....but couldn't your actual doctor that prescribed those meds offer more accurate advice about possible false positives on a drug test?

The drug test here uses urine, and scan for the basic things. Whether or not your meds would show up on it or not I cannot say. However if you are that worried about it...I personally would consult the doctor that prescribed them first.

After that....maybe take a standard drug/urinalysis there and see if you get a positive? You should be able to do that and have results well before you come to Korea.
woollybearcaterpillar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did schedule an appointment with my doctor before I head to Korea, as I needed to see him anyway. I see him in about a week, but was curious about what other teachers had to say as well. Based on what other users had said on simular threads and a bit of googling, it seems I should be fine, but was just curious to see what others had to say (realizing things may not be accurate) before seeing my doctor.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: