Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Now That the Election is Over. . .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Been There, Taught That

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject: Now That the Election is Over. . . Reply with quote

and the US has a new president, factors make me believe that this is the right time to come back to teaching in Korea after almost 7 years.

I'm currently in the state of Wisconsin. From this side of the world, it looks as though this is the right time for sensible Americans to travel because, government opinions aside, the US is projecting a stronger personality and attempting to be respected once more for her original values, and people-to-people relations can only benefit.

But, as I said, I haven't been to Korea since 2010.

What is the Korean opinion about the new president, collectively and individually, and the country as a whole? I'm not so much asking you to debate the issue of the US yourself, but I want to know what to expect. Are opinions favorable, negative, same as always? Do Korean friends discuss this with you, what do you get from TV/radio, what is the atmosphere?

I know Korea is dealing with its own presidency scandal. I follow it daily, and that issue may affect how they feel, but it may not. Do you personally get the impression that the change in presidency and the things he's doing now are hurting or helping or not affecting the overall impression of American and Americans and the opportunities to work/chances of getting favorable employment in Korea these days?

What are the most important things you think I need to remember about Korean-American relations these days as I'm applying for work there and after I begin working?
Mr Crowley

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korea loves them some Clintons.
PRagic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get your docs in order, find a job that fits your criteria, apply, get the job, and come on over...

The rest is white noise....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: