Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is a "certificate of education career?"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
k8track

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:17 am    Post subject: What is a "certificate of education career?" Reply with quote

I am currently in the process of applying for a university position in Korea, and one of the required documents is a "certificate of education career." I have never heard of such a document, and am not sure what they are requesting. In addition, they didn't specifically ask for a resume/C.V. I am hoping that my curriculum vitae (which is fairly extensive) would satisfy that requirement. If not, I am not sure what they are asking for. Do anyone have any idea or info? Thanks!
cheolsu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that they are most likely asking for 경력증명서 or proof of employment from past employers, in Korea or overseas. This is straightforward to obtain from Korean employers. For overseas employers, you can draft an English-language version (templates are easy to find on Google) and then have them sign, print and scan it (or just write their name, depending on how thorough you want to be).
jackson7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

재직증명서

Can be requested from your faculty services/affairs department, or in some universities, from the automatic ATM-like machines (these are pretty dang cool, in my opinion).

J7
k8track

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheolsu wrote:
My guess is that they are most likely asking for 경력증명서 or proof of employment from past employers, in Korea or overseas. This is straightforward to obtain from Korean employers. For overseas employers, you can draft an English-language version (templates are easy to find on Google) and then have them sign, print and scan it (or just write their name, depending on how thorough you want to be).

I had asked the place I was applying to what they meant by that, but they never responded. I did a google search for both the terms "재직증명서" and "경력증명서" and found many images on Google image search, but none are in English. Could you please provide a link to an English language version? I am in the U.S., so I've never heard of or seen such a document. Thanks.
cheolsu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you google 경력증명서 영문, you'll find English versions in an image search. It's often translated literally as 'certificate of career'.

A 재직증명서 proves you presently work somewhere, not that you ddi in the past.
k8track

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheolsu wrote:
If you google 경력증명서 영문, you'll find English versions in an image search. It's often translated literally as 'certificate of career'.

A 재직증명서 proves you presently work somewhere, not that you ddi in the past.

Thanks much, I really appreciate it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: