Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sending money home to Canada....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackson7

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you can get online overseas remittance access by bringing in appropriate documentation for your employment and salary. When I set up internet banking the gal was setting me up to send money overseas until another teller came over and scolded her, and from the words I understood there was something about WGs not being able to send money online "until..." I'll check into this more as I am going to try and finish the process this week sometime.
Sody

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, I live in Gyeonggi province and I have a bank account with Woori Bank. From what they told me I must pay a 40, 000 W fee to make a transfer to a bank account in Canada. I just wanted to post that to let people know because from what I have been told it is cheaper at other banks. So long story short, don't open up a bank account at Woori Bank.

If anyone knows a cheaper way to send money back to Canada I would really appreciate your help. If you could respond to this post, or send me the link for a thread that has info, or even PM me that would be great. Thanks.

Sody
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: