Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Travel and such

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rjosker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:52 pm    Post subject: Travel and such Reply with quote

I am considering taking a position in Korea but wanted to get some input on travel while there.

Does anyone explore Korea while there?

Does anyone explore close countries, is there a discount airline that someone could suggest? i.e. RyanAir, EasyJet, AirTran etc.

Any cool weekend trip suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
weatherman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can honestly say I know a few people who really get out and explore and know all the hills and rivers and temples well. But I haven't really gotten out of the cities in over 6 years. I backpacked around for 6 weeks once a long time ago, and really haven't done a whole bunch of rustic things since.

If you wan't another view, check here, it is a good read:
http://joongangdaily.joins.com/200303/05/200303052341499779900090109012.html
FierceInvalid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Domestic travel in Korea is cheap and easy. There are plenty of things to do on weekend trips, particularly if you're an outdoors-y sort (National parks, hikes, etc.).

I've done a bit of international travel since I've been here - Thailand, Hong Kong and Macao, and Japan in about a year and a half. I know others who have done much more than that, it depends on the vacation situation at your school. I don't know of a discount airline, maybe someone else does...Thai airlines is usually the cheapest I've been able to find if heading south.
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korea's a great place to station yourself for travel, but getting outside of Korea on the weekends wouldn't be too wise.

There are tons of weekend things to do in Korea, but you've gotta get the inside scoop to find the nicest stuff. Still working on that one myself...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: