Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anybody used Longbridge Pacific recruiters?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goombs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Anybody used Longbridge Pacific recruiters? Reply with quote

Just wondering what your experience with these guys were.

Thanks!
kermo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Glad to share Reply with quote

I was contacted by Longbridge Pacific, and I was not really impressed.
I talked to a French Canadian guy (named Michel?) who was very persuasive, very charming, and seemed to be on my side.

However, I was concerned about two things. I am an experienced, qualified teacher (a degree and many years teaching ESL/EFL). So why was he pressuring me to take a job that pays 1.8 million? (of course, the answer is: so he could get paid).

Second, I was put in contact with an employee who revealed that the working conditions were not as advertised (mandatory UNPAID hours, etc). He had worked with this client before, and seemed shocked to find that it was so. I had my doubts. He immediately dropped the client and tried to foist me on someone else, but I wasn't sure he was genuine so I opted out.

I had a great experience with EGL Consulting, specifically with Becky. She spent a lot of time answering my questions and fixed me up with a job that suits my abilities much better. Yay Becky! She even picked up at the airport, and checked up on me throughout the weeks that followed. Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: