Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stupid Buses from Incheon to Seoul!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Great Wall of Whiner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 9:32 pm    Post subject: Stupid Buses from Incheon to Seoul! Reply with quote

Can someone answer this question for me:

When I get to the airport at Incheon, WHY are some buses 12,000 Won, some 6,000 Won, and some 8,000 Won?

I think I got ripped off last time...

I found the 6,000 Won one, but the guy said "pay over their", so I did (the circle booth thingies).

The guy said "12,000 Won". I said "Well, it says 6,000 Won". He says "no, 12,000".

Like a schmuck, I pay 12,000, and WATCH the guy in front of me pay 6,000 to the driver...!!

I tell him "Hey I want to pay 6000 Won"...the bus driver says "No. You pay over there".

"but the guy here paid 6,000 Won"

Bus driver tells me to get off, and drives away...

GGGRRRR Evil or Very Mad Angry!

What gives? anyone else have this problem?

I'm coming back soon, and do NOT want to face this again...
mike

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 1:49 am    Post subject: .. Reply with quote

hmm, that is odd.

perhaps a can suggest a reason.

you aren't korean.

MiT

that said, i got burned on the 12k, and took a 6k the next time with no problems.
chi-chi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of rip-off artists at the airport.
Just be glad that you didn't get a driver that wouldn't let you out until 55,000 won (and almost an ass-kicking) later....
The Great Wall of Whiner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

55,000!? That's a tad bit more than 12,000!

Enquiring minds want to know! Question Shocked Question
indiercj

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you talking about Airport limousine bus? If it is the case, the fee varies according to the destination and the distance(from 5000 to 12000).

It cost you just 6000 won when you travel from inchon airport to kimpo airport. But beyond that must pay more(10000 for most places inside seoul, and 12000 for other cities in kyunggido). Where did you take the bus from?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Great Wall of Whiner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Incheon to Ilsan.

I guess I will go from Incheon to Kimpo, then from Kimpo to somewhere else on subway...
gang ah jee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Great Wall of Whiner wrote:
From Incheon to Ilsan.

I guess I will go from Incheon to Kimpo, then from Kimpo to somewhere else on subway...

short arms, deep pockets
itaewonguy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 2:32 am    Post subject: get emmm !! Reply with quote

tell him "Hey I want to pay 6000 Won"...the bus driver says "No. You pay over there".

"but the guy here paid 6,000 Won"

Bus driver tells me to get off, and drives away...

report him to the ministry of transport or some organization..
one thing korea doesnt need are bus drivers being rude to foreigner businessmen travels soon as they step foot in korea!!! ohh welcome to korea A HOLE!! get off BUS you stupid foreigner!!??
arrrr I dont think so!!!
then again it all comes down to the taxi thing too doesnt it,,
they only pick you up if they want to or if your fair is worth money!
once I told a cop in kangnam station you know after 12 its impossible to catch a cab, the cops direct flow, I stopped the cop and said isnt it illegal for taxis to not pick up customers? they are government service workers arent they not??
cops replies: taxi not take you?
ME" YES..
COP: hang on!
he stands in front of the cab stops him tells me to get in, then the cab driver argues with him alittle until the cop put his foot down!!
ITS ALL ABOUT POWER!!!
even the small bus driver, whom acually has one of the most stressful jobs in any country NEEDS to fell powerful , cant do it to a korean so take it out on the foriegner...
BASTARDS!!
gang ah jee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't take the airport buses much, but i thought the price differences were dependent on the quality of the bus. 12000 got you a higher quality. It was always 6000 for an older yellow bus, and 12000 for a new bus with leather seats, and a personal TV, no?

nana... huh...
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

strange... Last time I went from incheon to Bucheon I bought my ticket at a booth inside the airport. If I remember correctly, the ticket had the price on it as well. You might give the bus number you want, that's what I did. perhaps the person at the ticket booth just gave you a ticket for a more expensive bus.

Be sure to not take the limousine bus, which can be quite pricey. Check out Incheon Airport's website for bus info as well.
The Great Wall of Whiner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gang ah jee wrote:
I don't take the airport buses much, but i thought the price differences were dependent on the quality of the bus. 12000 got you a higher quality. It was always 6000 for an older yellow bus, and 12000 for a new bus with leather seats, and a personal TV, no?

nana... huh...

Yes, but the thing is, I paid 12,000 Won for a good bus, but they told me to go on the cheapy bus.

So I go to the cheapy bus, and when other people pay 6000 Won, I was a little choked.
Crazy Oz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fare from Incheon to Ilsan and vice-versa is 7500 won on the 3300 airport bus. I have travelled this one many times and never had a hassle with being overcharged etc. A lot of the airport staff and flight people use this service as its cheaper, and the service runs every half hour. If you take the Airport Limo buses they are dodgy in respect to what fares are charged, so I could not recommend them.

Still crazy, still here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: