Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

decent condoms
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solarian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I respectfully disagree, having forgotten mine at home a few times, and been stuck using the ones they give you at the quickie motels. Not only was the size not adequate, the quality is seriously sketchy too, as they've ripped on me every time.

I don't like shopping online, for various reasons, one being that I'm never home to receive my goods. So far, one of my Korean coworkers has been kind enough to receive shipments for me, but I think it's a bit obvious why I can't send a shipment of condoms to her family home. Is there any store, in Seoul, that has them? I'm looking specifically for mega packs (12 or 20 or whatever)
meaghan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Condomania in Hongdae (across the street from the park, uphill from American Apparel) carries several western condom brands, including the big-size Trojans in the gold box (the name escapes me at the moment but if you use them I'm sure you know the ones I mean). They are kind of expensive (around 18,000 a box), but if you gotta have em you gotta have em.

I've also seen western condoms at the Red Door in Itaewon (do a search on here for directions) cheaper than at Condomania, but they aren't always there. I imagine some if not most of the little marts around there that carry other foreign products would have them behind the counter, but I've always been too embarrassed to ask.

I've seen Durex featherlite (made in Thailand) for sale in some homeplusses (homepluses? homeplusi? I sure am an awesome English teacher) and United Colors of Benetton makes a condom that is readily available in Seoul convenience stores (apparently these also exist in the west but I'd never seen them until moving here).

My bf (who is maybe a little above average size for a white dude) and I decided to make a game out of trying various local condoms. So far a kind called Star have been the only ones to fit, but they were fine. We mostly use the benetton ones cause they're easy to find.

hope this helps! have fun everybody:)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: