Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Immigration not returning copy of diploma/official transcrip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
speakwell_2003

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:00 am    Post subject: Immigration not returning copy of diploma/official transcrip Reply with quote

:?: I recently picked up my alien registration card from the Immigration office in Daejon (Chungnam province) and the official refused to return the copy of my diploma and official transcripts. Otherwise this would not be a problem, but I have since lost my origianl diploma (which I'm quite convinced the whole office Daejon is already aware of and so consequently this is there cute little game) and do not have any remaining offical transcripts on hand. I have submitted a copy of my diploma and original transcripts several times before to the immigration office in another province and have never had any HASSLES having both returned to me after the registration process was completed.

Any suggestions. Immigration law websites, etc???

Thank You,

speakwell_2003
schwa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They kept mine too. I took it to be normal procedure -- thats why I brought duplicates. Why dont you just contact your university about reissuing your diploma & getting more transcripts?
maxxx_power

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine back no problem. To me that seems odd that they would keep your documents. I think they only need them to register with immigration for your E-2 visa (or whichever one you have) and to register with the education department (?). My school took care of the second part and gave me back the documents when I asked.

Judging by all the experiences I've read on this board I have been practically demanding my papers so I can at least hang on to them. I would press your director to help you get them back or call your recruiter if you used one.

I don't know about you but I would feel a little helpless if my documents were in the possession of someone else.
Anda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: Um Reply with quote

I only give immigration colour copies that have been laminated of my degrees and it seems to make them happy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: