Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advice. Experienced posters willing to help via PM.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmtim

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! I've been lurking around this forum since June, but I'm ready to post my first question! Now that we FINALLY have our documents ready, my boyfriend and I are ready to start applying. I've made a joint e-mail account for us and we've been working on our resumes. This may be a simple question, but is it better to write individual cover letters or a combined cover letter? I'm not even sure how to format a combined cover letter, so I would appreciate any advice on that, too. Smile

I was also wondering if there are any unmarried couples who would like to share their experiences/living situations in Korea. After lurking, I learned that you're not considered a "couple" in Korea if you're not married, so I was just wondering how that has worked for unmarried couples on this forum.

Even though this is my first post, this forum has been very helpful over the past couple of months... so thank you! Smile

- Caroline (feel free to also email me at [email protected])
ttompatz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

individual application packages including resume and cover letter.

diddymao

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttompatz wrote:
individual application packages including resume and cover letter.

Thanks for your advice on the other post. I would PM you but I don't have enough posts yet.
Rob12

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:41 am    Post subject: Moving to South Korea on January 2nd, new to forum Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I'm moving to Jangheung, Jeollanam-do on January 2nd and have not really looked around on this site that much. Kind of blew it in that department but I've been busy getting everything ready for the move.

I obviously don't have enough posts to pm anybody, but can anyone give me just some general advice or let me know another way to ask questions?

Thank you very much
gclancy51

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I'm a newbie living on the outskirts of Seoul approaching the end of my first year in Seoul. Just wondering if anybody knows any good recruiters for public schools closer to the center?
aieshaapple

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a fabulous thread! However it's kind of a bummer that newbies, like me, can't PM someone because we haven't made 25 posts to allow us that priviledge.

Here's to one more post closer!
krazijaanu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can Anyone help me? I was just denied a visa by my recruiter because I told them I have diabetes! I am so frustrated fter having spent an entire year researching, preparing and dreaming about going to South Korea! PLEAASSEEEEEEEEEE SOMEONE HELP!
aieshaapple

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You went through your recruiter to get your visa? Not the embassy?
krazijaanu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Well I disclosed to my recruiter that I have diabetes because the health check form asked if I have any serious diseases (diabetes is considered this I guess) I checked no on the form but I emailed her and she said she would find out if having diabetes could cause me to fail the medical exam they give. A few days later (last Wednesday January 11th, 2012) she emailed me and said " due to my medical issues my visa would be denied!" I AM SO FRUSTRATED I NEEEED SOMEONE'S HELP AND ADVICE! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
aieshaapple

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not a pro at this but i do know a few things. If you stated on your visa form you have diabetes you very well could be denied your visa. However if you don't say you have it viola you have a visa.

Did you already get your NOA? If so you don't reallynees your recruiter from there. You could always teller you were confused and realized you don't have diabetes. If you can manage you diabetes pretty well then I don't se a problem with anything. Although they do do extensive medical checks on us once we get there. So there is a risk there. Hope that was some help.
krazijaanu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well like I said, I checked no on my visa form but I disclosed this via email I would rather her tell me no while I am still in the US rather than go to south korea, fail the exam and have to pay my own airfare back. I guess no one has anything to say (in addition to you) about medical discrimination?
aieshaapple

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly there aren't really laws against discrimination like this. In the states it with be different but not in Korea as far as being a teacher.
breninmass

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks!

I'm doing preliminary research right now, but am mostly curious about the documentation I will need in order to secure a Visa, clear any health requirements, etc. I plan on starting the job search in mid to late Spring, so I'm looking to get as much documentation out of the way now as possible, so I can simplify the application process when that time comes.

I'd love to have a one-on-one with anyone who has knowledge about what kind of paperwork is required in order to teach abroad. I know next to nothing about it, so patience would be appreciated as well!

Thanks,
Brenden
ttompatz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

READ THE FAQ stickies.
Then ask about what you can't find in there.

Other than the requirements for authenticating your documents (now they need an apostille) there really is NOTHING new in the last 10 years.

Kellu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Need advice please! Reply with quote

Hello,

I need a lot of advice! I would prefer to PM, but I just started posting on here and I'm not sure how to run up 25 posts in a hurry. Please PM me- I need advice regarding re-applying for a visa after being denied for a DISmissed! DUI charge that was on my CBC, that I plan to have expunged. I also would like to hear advice about teaching privates, and how to live on a different type of visa other than an E-2 provided by a school.

Thank you very much to all who reach out to me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: