Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buses from Itaewon to Bundang

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emu Bitter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Buses from Itaewon to Bundang Reply with quote

Anyone know how late they run?
Don't think this qualifies as a stupid question re the thread on general discussion, what's stupid is that I'm just now asking it after living in Bundang for nearly 2 years.
Probably gone home needlessly early many times cutting into valuable drinking time & probably needlessly taken taxis home cutting into valuable drinking funds. Sad
itaewonguy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is no direct bus to itaewon from bundang..
so you would have to go to kangnam around 1am and catch the last bus which I think is 1:30am perhaps someone else could verify this..
but thats what It use to be back in the day when I took buses..
and I think the first bus is 5am... subways at 5:30am..
Derrek

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any time before 11:30pm, you take the 110 from Itaewon and get off across the street from Dankook University. Then walk up the street a few meters to the Express Bus stop, and take one of the orange Bundang buses: 9000, 9001, 9401, 9402 (I think there is a 9401). Also, if it's getting later around 11:30, you can take a 1005-1, which goes thru Kangnam. Itaewonguy is right -- you can leave Kangnam after 1:30 or almost 2am if memory serves. But the Hannam Dong (Dankook) buses stop around 11:30 these days.

In their infinite wisdom, the transportation gurus though they'd add tons of Seongnam buses and remove several of the Bundang buses. Their goal was to get people to take a Seongnam bus, and transfer from Seongnam to another bus or something -- probably so they could charge more, and/or save gas money. No one does this, so you'll watch in anger as near-empty bus after bus going to Seongnam rolls by. Then you'll fight a herd or pushy ajumma, college students, and drunk ajosshis as everyone rushes to try to get one of the last remaining seats (if any) as the Bundang bus approaches. The Hannam Dong to Bundang buses are CRAMMED full at as late as 11:30pm, and as early as 5:20am, which is about when that bus gets around to Hannam Dong.
Emu Bitter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I should have said Hannam as those are the buses I use. In the past I've tended to leave early & then wonder if I could have stayed longer. Or I've taken cabs home & wondered if I could have got a bus so thanks for the info on time.
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're there, but I didn't know that they finished so early. You can extend your drinking time until around 2 am if you just hop in a taxi and cross the river real quick to Gangnam or something. Very convenient bus line...even goes all the way up to Jongno, which is great when I've got to go up to Uijeongbu.
oneiros

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a direct bus from Itaewon to Bundang. It's the 9400, and the stop is across from the Crown Hotel.

No clue on how late it runs, though.
Derrek

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oneiros wrote:
There is a direct bus from Itaewon to Bundang. It's the 9400, and the stop is across from the Crown Hotel.

Wow, cool to know!
JAMZ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oneiros wrote:

where does it stop in bundang?
Emu Bitter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know about the 9400. I worded my original question badly, I really only needed to know about times, so thanks for all the info.
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oneiros wrote:

That would be handy to know everything on. Does it stop at Seohyun or Sunae Station? Does it take the freeway up to Sinsa or go along Gangnamdaero? It would save me a bit of cash on the taxi from Dankook/long walk to the subway station.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: