Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

small town to visit for a few days near Incheon?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LivePoetry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: small town to visit for a few days near Incheon? Reply with quote

I'm leaving Korea in about a week ( Sad ) and there's a 3-day gap between when I have to be out of my apartment and my flight out of Incheon. I'm wondering if there's any small, traditional towns that I can spend some time in during that gap. Something off the beaten track which would still have (cheap) hotels or hostels to sleep at. I've been living in Seoul and have visited Busan, Jeonju, Kyoungju, Nami Island, and Boryang City during my time here. Loved them all, especially Busan, but I'm looking for something different. Ideally I'd like it to be close to Incheon so I don't have to spend too much time and money getting there. I just want a final peek into traditional Korean life, if nothing else a chance to enjoy being able to read the Korean alphabet and ordering at those lovely little mom and pop restaurants with menus only in Korean, etc. I'll be traveling to many other countries shortly where I will know nothing, so I want to savor this.
Any ideas?
JustinC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up Line 1 there are lots of smaller towns and beautiful countryside.
young_clinton

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incheon has lots of islands in its municipality easily reachable by high speed ferries. On the islands a lot of families make thier living by renting rooms to vacationers. The Lonely Planet has a lot of info on these islands.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: