Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Traveler's Checks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GirlyGal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:07 am    Post subject: Traveler's Checks Reply with quote

Okay, I need help... I have family coming to visit me in Seoul, and they insist on bringing traveler's checks, can anyone tell me where I can exchange them for Won? I've looked at various websites, but the information I've found is different from site-to-site. The obvious place would be at a hotel, but they'll be staying at my apartment. I have no clue, please help! Crying or Very sad
The Lemon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
they insist on bringing traveler's checks, can anyone tell me where I can exchange them for Won?

Any bank, preferably yours.
Or the money exchange places at the airport.
They *may* have to pay an extra charge to cash a T/C. On our vacation in SE Asia in February I had to pay charges of anywhere from $10 at large banks to nothing at small money exchange booths...
GirlyGal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 1:08 am    Post subject: What About Money Exchange Places? Reply with quote

Thanks for the information... I usually exchange my money at those "money exchange" places, can traveler's checks be exchanged there too? Also, if I go into a bank, do I need to fill out any forms?
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The couple times I cashed t/cs at banks, I wasn't charaged a commision or fee like I was in Thailand and Malaysia. It was close to 2 years ago, so my memory isn't perfect, but I don't remember filling out any forms. I just gave them my passport with my signed check, and voila, i've got won. Most bank branches these days have a foreign exchange desk. Korea Exchange bank (KEB) generally has a slightly (and I do mean slight) better exchange rate than the other banks.
Don Mario

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Where can I buy Travellers Cheques? Reply with quote

Hey gang!

Where can I buy American Express Travellers cheques in USD of in Euros in Seoul?

Is it a bank or travel agency close to a subway stop?

DM
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty much any branch of any bank should be able to provide t/c in USD.
jimm1909

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucheon bum wrote:
pretty much any branch of any bank should be able to provide t/c in USD.

Is this still the case? The bank I recently went to could not provide me a traveler's check when I was staying at the Venetian Las Vegas and needed to pay for my room.

-jim

Last edited by jimm1909 on Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
jvalmer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimm1909 wrote:
bucheon bum wrote:
pretty much any branch of any bank should be able to provide t/c in USD. Venetian Las Vegas

Is this still the case? The bank I recently went to could not provide me a traveler's check.
-jim

Try another bank. Also, get American Express T/C's it's hard to cash in other ones like Visa or Thomas Cook T/C's when travelling throughout Asia.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: