Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What to do on a weekend...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dulouz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H have a rooftop where I make art, messes and gardens. Ajumma is very lenient about the roof so I pay her with maintenance ie painting the floor. After I paint the floor, I can do a Jack Pollack on it. I
have make a garden out of 2 X 4's and plywood and some other kinds of gardens that use water. I have to paint the deck and if I want I can make a staircase this summer. I can use wood or weld it together. I'm gonna try to breed animals this summer. PM me if you wanna drink beer and use power tools.
burnin rubber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I would usually respond to someone with a latentally gay avatar i.e. Pauly Shore, the gay generation X icon, but try taking a trip to Seoraksan. Great hiking, you can stay at near one of the peaks and get drunk with some Koreans, and actually see the stars (in the sky). Well worth the trip.
TECO

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is this?

Walk around Seoul looking for suits like this!
logan2003

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL I like the killing the rodents idea!

Try a walk along han river. My wife and I loved to do that.
Also try Jin ah beach near Ulsan..small and beautiful!

If you need directions contact me.

Smile
casey's moon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demonicat wrote:
Wow, I sure got alot of responses back, but...well, though very kind, it wasn't what I meant. I was looking more for a "hey check out X in Jogno" or "Hey man, Seodaemun prison is awesome",

I know that this was just an example of something someone might say, but I would just like to say that Seodaemun prison is NOT awesome. I lived in that area last year, and I love Dongnimmun park (although I wouldn't suggest going out of your way to visit it), but the Seodaemun prison history hall which is on the same grounds, was nauseatingly disturbing.

I would suggest seeing if you can get your hands on today's Korea Herald and check out the Weekender section. There is a suggested walking route around a few of the big palaces that highlights some of Seoul's history. It is a lovely walk, and it would probably be particularly nice this time of year with trees blossoming and such (but don't choose a yellow sand day!).
teachingld2004

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: prison Reply with quote

I have been to the prison twice, and while is was disturbing, it was also interesting. When my son came to visit from America we went there, and he really liked it. Sure it is not a happy place, but it is a part of the history here, so I think it was well worth the trip.

Now that the cherry blossoms are out try and see them that is wonderful.

The USO has some great tours also.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: