Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Second-Hand Stores in Korea
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kayakorea2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Second-Hand Stores in Korea Reply with quote

Some Gus (if not all) as in Mapo-gu, have centers that resell used goods that people have picked up to be disposed of. They won't sell it if it's over a year old - so they told me. Anyway, most of it is on very good cond.

I've gotten lots of bargains there over the years. I even picked up a nice desk top computer w/Samsung monitor for 300,000. Very fast and quite a bit of software on it(Hangeul Word, MS Office, etc). They threw in a brand new keyboard and optical mouse.

Got a wicked huge sofa bed that was definitely not made here. It's weighs a ton and is made of all hard wood. Solid as hell. It was a find.

They have beds, desks, CD players, TVs, you name it. They deliver anything for 5,000W (even my sofa and a bed - to the 5th floor w/ no elevator).

The Mapo center is near Sogang Uni front gate along the railroad tracks.
Tiger Beer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is thats its name?

I've been there countless times.. bought a couple computers there even.
ladyandthetramp

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know the one you're talking about, but I went to the one in Seodaemun and thought it was quite expensive. Instead, I bought my fridge and washing machine at a regular used shop for a great price, and the products are great. The Seodaemun center would have charged about 50% more or higher.
the saint

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't there one of these just north of the Samgakji subway stop? Anyway, whatever that place is, some of the stuff is right dodgy and overpriced. Watch your step in there I'd say.
Hanson

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up a rocking chair (35,000w), a space heater (30,000w), a clothes rack (15,000w), a double bed (Queen) like new (160,000w), a 3-drawer dresser (35,000w), and on and on and on. That was 2 years ago, and all the stuff is still in use - Great deals! Got it all in the Nowon Gu 2nd hand shop...

2nd hand shops are definitely worth a visit!
dulcineadeltoboso

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me exactly how to find these places, as in what subway stop and exit, and where to walk from there. Better yet, does anyone have phone numbers for these places? I'm looking for an air conditioner, and I'd like to call around to see who has one, how much, and how I can get one installed.
Hanson

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as the one I visited in Nowon-Gu, my wife saw a banner advertising it in Korean (of course) and it (the store) was hidden away on a small nondescript road. I would never have known where to go or that there even was one had it not been for my wife seeing the banner.

Try asking someone who is Korean near where you live. All the "Gu"'s have one. At worst, you can check out the Sindang market, which also has a lot of 2nd hand stuff...
JacktheCat

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second hand stores are usually clustered around the bus station\train stations in the seedy part of town.

For funiture, you can usually find some real nice stuff for free by dumpster diving.
peony

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know of any 2nd hand electronics shops in either Suwon or Suji area? need a desktop computer/monitor plus an extra monitor
FUBAR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the guy that asked about daegu used furniture:

Go to Chilsung Subway Stop. If you go to Chilsung Market, you will find any kind of used appliance or furniture store that you need.

The furniture market is right around the subway stop entrance. If you are looking towards the River and the Bridge, you should see a furniture shop on the right side that has some new and used stuff. Then around the corner from that place there is a small alleyway (not the main road) that has 20+ shops selling sofas, tables, wardrobes, etc.
MeanyMichi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:27 am    Post subject: Used furniture stores in Daegu? Reply with quote

Does anyone know any used furniture stores in Daegu? In or around ���� would be best. And help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Little Laura

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one in Nowon Gu is called: �� �� �� �� �� �� �� Ÿ . The phone number is: 948-8138. You can walk there from Hagye Station. Go out exit 3, across from Save Zone, and start walking in the same direction you were headed coming up the stairs. You'll pass a small hospital on the right, then cross a street. Keep walking. Halfway up the hill you'll come to another stoplight for a three-way intersection, a street coming in from the right. Cross that street, then turn right and walk down that street (your landmark is a used car dealership on the corner with a huge billboard that is almost a building). The used furniture shop is on the second block on the left, after the metal working shop. You'll know it by all the washing machines and junk piled up in the driveway. It's set back from the sidewalk; just wander through the gate and you'll find the entrance to the shop.

It's hit or miss there, but a lot of stuff. I got a very decent refrigerator there three years ago for cheap, still working. It broke once the first year and they fixed it for free. Speaking of free, the guy gave me a guitar for free when I asked if he ever got guitars. One of the guys there speaks a little English.
Jacobbm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know where one of these shops might be in the Gangnam area?
Little Laura

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't, but many of these recycling stores seem to be part of the city's trash recycling system...the ones that do have the same name (�� Ȱ �� �� �� ). I wonder if you had a Korean friend call one of them, if they would be able to get the number for the one in Gangnam nearest you? We have a couple in the Nowon area; just found another one near me, bought an unused, looks brand-new slow cooker for 10,000. Here's the phone number of the other one I frequent in Nowon if you want to give it a shot: 948-8138. Good luck.
xeno439

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any pawn shops? I know there isn't a crack problem, but I was wondering where to get the desperation prices on some used goods. Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: