Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Second-Hand Stores in Korea
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
princespony

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Second hand stores Reply with quote

I am looking for a 2nd hand shop in Cheonan. I live in the city center across from Woo-yo-ri dept store.

Need many items and need to make my money stretch. Thanks.

Would need name and if accessible by bus would need bus number.
usmustrust

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Second hand stores Reply with quote

princespony wrote:
I am looking for a 2nd hand shop in Cheonan. I live in the city center across from Woo-yo-ri dept store.

Need many items and need to make my money stretch. Thanks.

Would need name and if accessible by bus would need bus number.

If you can find the word for second hand shop through work by asking a Korean person, or by translating it to Korean online, you could find what you're looking for using Naver.com

if you enter cheonan and that second hand shop (in korean) it will show you places and then you could use the maps of Daum or even naver to loacate exactly what you're looking for.
hpt_tk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:58 am    Post subject: Second hands store in Daejeon? Reply with quote

Hey all,
Is there any second hands story in Daejeon? Recently arrived and need to buy many stuffs.
Thank you.
Comatosed

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shopped around on Craig's List for a week and then checked out three secondhand shops in Suwon. The majority of their goods were old, dirty and overpriced. For example, you can find fridges from 100-550 liters on Craig's for around a 100,000. At the shops I checked the smallest (100L) fridges started at 150,000. Washers were the same story and furniture is cheaper new off of Gmarket. I found it a total waste of time. Maybe I visited the wrong shops. The only benefit of buying from such a place is that you don't have to organize a truck.

-G
somethingoranother

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello everybody!!
would you guys know of anywhere i can get secondhand camera equipment like lenses around seoul... pls and thanks!
chch8280

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know of any second hand book stores in daejeon?
sevenseven7

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any good vintage stores in Ulsan?
Sus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VinPrime in the Express bus terminal shopping center in Seoul. It's hit and miss, but sometimes you can find cool stuff in there.
Sus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Garo-su-gil Reply with quote

There are some high-end vintage shops in The Sinsa neighborhood Garo-su-gil. "Pretty walking street," and theres a great sandwich deli there, too, lol.
gradius01

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Major second hand store Reply with quote

There's a store called 아름다운가게. Ah-rum-da-oon-ga-gae (Beautiful Store)
It's all around Korea and usually has some nice stuff at good prices.
Each store is a little different but most sell the essentials-clothing, toys, dishes, etc.
Sometimes they also get stuff from Homeplus that is brand new.

If you can read/type Korean you can search for one near you: http://www.beautifulstore.org/AgaOrg/List.aspx
farzfive

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone ever come across old gaming related items at these second hand shops?

Been trying to hunt down stores that sell these kind of things in Seoul but I haven't had much luck.

I'm talking about Nintendo/Super Nintendo/Sega Genesis/Famicom/Super Famicom/etc.
Isehtis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farzfire, you're looking for Yongsan. Easy to get to on the subway, a gamers paradise for new and used stuff
farzfive

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yongsan is a ripoff for most of the stuff I collect.

A Super Famicom cart that costs 10,000 won can be purchased for less plus shipping from Japan on ebay.
openning

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

I'm just wondering if there is a good thrift shop in Seoul for buying second hand clothes of the bigger variety? Please, no trolling, but I'm a plus sized girl who is becoming less and less plus sized during my time here and well... my pants are starting to fall off of me. I'm continuing to get smaller so I do need to get new pants, but I don't want to spend a fortune on them because I don't think this is going to stop. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Harpeau

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

openning wrote:
Hey,

I'm just wondering if there is a good thrift shop in Seoul for buying second hand clothes of the bigger variety? Please, no trolling, but I'm a plus sized girl who is becoming less and less plus sized during my time here and well... my pants are starting to fall off of me. I'm continuing to get smaller so I do need to get new pants, but I don't want to spend a fortune on them because I don't think this is going to stop. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Congrats!
Check out VINTAGE at Dongmyoe Station, Exit #3 - on the left after the exit. Bargain with them if you are buying many items. GL.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: