Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Republicans are morally and intellectually bankrupt.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apple Scruff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wannago wrote:
R. S. Refugee wrote:

With that last one from Christopher Hitchens, I finally found something in recent times that I can agree with him about -- the banana republic quality of our presidential elections. They, of course, would prefer that we "pay no attention to that man behind the curtain," and will even impede international observers from getting too close a look. And, of course, they will ridicule anyone that points out the obvious -- that we currently have a presidential election system that is riddled with the potential for fraud to such a degree that a large percentage of the electorate doesn't trust the likelihood of a fair election.

Imagine that. But I bet you thought this same election process was just peachy eight short years ago when Slick Willie was forced upon the nation...didn't you? More hypocrisy from the libs. Now, that's a shocker.

R. S. Refugee wrote:
Many in the religious right have seen the hand of God in all this fraud. They like to gloat about how God can make sure "his candidate" can take office whether he wins in any democratic sense of not.

It's so cute when anti-religious, venom-filled liberals try to tell stories about people they hate. We all know that liberals are sore losers. They lose two presidential elections in a row, lose control (other than by pulling smoke and mirrors tricks like filibustering) of the House and Senate and they still refuse to look at themselves as the problem but rather tell lies, spew hate and mock good people's beliefs. If our nation has anything to be ashamed about, it's the whacked liberals and their idiocy.

On second thought, keep it up. Obscurity sounds good for you people.

Draw your attention to the words in bold......describes the conservative Christian movement to a tee, you big fat dummy.
funplanet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it also describes the liberals to a "t" Very Happy
desultude

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apple Scruff- where have you been?
Summer Wine

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has made America the target of Islamic hatred, caused thousands of new terrorists to be recruited to al-Qaeda, isolated us in the world, and drained our treasury of the funds necessary to rebuild Afghanistan and to finance our own vital homeland-security needs.

I am not sure I fully agree with that comment in the article. I spoke with people prior to 9/11, America wasn't well liked then when Bill was in power. It was being mentioned in mosques around the world that America was a jewish nation, not a christian one and was needed to be removed from the world just like Israel.
I suspect that those who don't realise there were terrorists out to destroy the US were wearing blinders and still will be regardless of whether they become peace lovers or not.
I was also notified that the Muslim communities in the USA were coming together to have greater influence in politics, that the muslims are gaining control in france and will soon have full.
That the leader of my country doesn't speak out against muslims now, because it was made aware to my leader that they held a sizeable number of votes in the electorate. There was and is more going on then we are made aware of in the media.
This was a discussion with friends of mine and they are more in the know than me.
wannago

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apple Scruff wrote:
you big fat dummy.

desultude wrote:

Evidently the Scruffster has been busy attending Kindergarten.
The Bobster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wannago wrote:
Apple Scruff wrote:
you big fat dummy.

desultude wrote:

Hmph. Like , YOU should talk.

Um, aren't you the guyy who drops in on discussions just to say it is all crap, and then leaves without a word about WHY you think it might be crap?

You used to, once in a while, offer something that could be enough food for thought to feed a discussion for a while ... just been too busy lately, but can't kick the Dave's addiction anyway?

By the way, the little thing about addite "-ster" at the end of a name has recently been copyrighted, so cut it out or my lawyers will eat your lawyers at lunch next Thursday.

Later on, wnagoster ... Wink
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Summer Wine wrote:
He has made America the target of Islamic hatred, caused thousands of new terrorists to be recruited to al-Qaeda, isolated us in the world, and drained our treasury of the funds necessary to rebuild Afghanistan and to finance our own vital homeland-security needs.

I am not sure I fully agree with that comment in the article. I spoke with people prior to 9/11, America wasn't well liked then when Bill was in power. It was being mentioned in mosques around the world that America was a jewish nation, not a christian one and was needed to be removed from the world just like Israel.
I suspect that those who don't realise there were terrorists out to destroy the US were wearing blinders and still will be regardless of whether they become peace lovers or not.
I was also notified that the Muslim communities in the USA were coming together to have greater influence in politics, that the muslims are gaining control in france and will soon have full.
That the leader of my country doesn't speak out against muslims now, because it was made aware to my leader that they held a sizeable number of votes in the electorate. There was and is more going on then we are made aware of in the media.
This was a discussion with friends of mine and they are more in the know than me.

dude, wht? are you saying muslims are taking over the world? Are all muslims a threat? You make no sense.
R. S. Refugee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucheon bum wrote:

dude, wht? are you saying muslims are taking over the world? Are all muslims a threat? You make no sense.

Haven't you heard? The world's Muslims are in cahoots with Dr. No AND the Illiminati to rule the world. The next thing you know we'll all be speaking Arabic. And be forced to eat falafel and baba ganush whether we like it or not. Shocked (Luckily for me, I like falafel and baba ganush. Very Happy )

Oops. I forgot. You already speak some Arabic. Very Happy Laughing Wink

Last edited by R. S. Refugee on Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:24 am; edited 3 times in total
wannago

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bobster wrote:
wannago wrote:
Apple Scruff wrote:
you big fat dummy.

desultude wrote:

Hmph. Like , YOU should talk.

Um, aren't you the guyy who drops in on discussions just to say it is all crap, and then leaves without a word about WHY you think it might be crap?

You used to, once in a while, offer something that could be enough food for thought to feed a discussion for a while ... just been too busy lately, but can't kick the Dave's addiction anyway?

By the way, the little thing about addite "-ster" at the end of a name has recently been copyrighted, so cut it out or my lawyers will eat your lawyers at lunch next Thursday.

Later on, wnagoster ... Wink

Um, aren't you the guy that misuses the word racism thereby cheapening the plight of the real victims of racism around the world? Here, let me help. Yes, you are.

Since you've made a little noise about ster, I will drop it from everyone's name...including yours, bob. The next step will be to add a vowel. Wink Don't even get me started about lawyers, the real scum of society. Even lower than commie libs!
The Bobster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wannago wrote:
Um, aren't you the guy that misuses the word racism thereby cheapening the plight of the real victims of racism around the world?

Naw, that's not me. I'm the guy who shows the evidence and creates a valid argument when I see it, and I go to that trouble because I know very well how serious the problem of racism is.

You said a racist thing, wannago, when you predicted that Whoopi Goldberg would play the race card and claim was being discriminated against when she lost a lucrative product endorsement due to some unwise words in public on her part - you were wrong to say that because the only reason you would have to say it was that she was black and has opinions you don't like. At other times you have compared gay marriage to bestiality and I pointed out how bigoted that was of you ...

And for obvious reasons you would prefer that I refrain from pointing out your bigotry, and for this reason you have now said something untrue about me in the hopes that people will take your side and therefore allow the hate speech spread here by yourself and others to continue unopposed at Dave's.

Yes, how very sweet.

Summer Wine :
Quote:
That the leader of my country doesn't speak out against muslims now, because it was made aware to my leader that they held a sizeable number of votes in the electorate

The silence from wannago (and the other deep blue conservatives around here) about this comment is a truly amazing thing to behold ... not.
Apple Scruff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

desultude wrote:

Kickin' ass and bangin' chicks. Swear to God.
funplanet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in your dreams, scruffy ole boy, in your dreams
R. S. Refugee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Summer Wine wrote:

So, you seem to be thinking that the "leader " of your country should "speak out against" ~ one billion fathers, mothers, sons and daughters who are Muslim people of faith. Hitler certainly earned himself an enduring reputation when he spoke out against millions of Jews. And then carried his speaking out into the realm of acting out his bigotry and hatred.

So, how did these "friends of yours" get to be so much more "in the know" than you? "

Was there a secret handshake involved? Do they read comic books that require a higher level of reading skill? Or is it just the case that most anyone is more "in the know" than you?

All ridiculing humor aside, you make no sense whatsoever, but that shouldn't stop you from trying. Who knows with effort and application, you might get your infantile "arguments" to the point where they warrant refuting . If you lay off drinking so much of that summer wine. Very Happy Laughing Wink

PS. And I couldn't agree more with the Bobster about this example of deafening silence from our conservative friends in their (non) response to such blatant and dangerous racism. I think it is much more serious than the "Kraut" thing (no offense intended to Dogbert).

The Bobster wrote:
The silence from wannago (and the other deep blue conservatives around here) about this comment is a truly amazing thing to behold ... not.

The challenge for you here is that some forms of prejudice and bigotry are so engrained that those who suffer the most from them can't even see them as such. I was raised in the (former) Confederate States of America, so I have a bit of familiarity with that type of moral blindness.

You can't use the excuse that this guy (?) is so brain dead that he doesn't even warrant responding to either. That's what a lot of Germans in the 1930's said about the Nazis. And we all know what that led to.

Time for some moral consistency, conservatives. Your silence is deafening.
wannago

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R. S. Refugee wrote:
Summer Wine wrote:

So, you seem to be thinking that the "leader " of your country should "speak out against" ~ one billion fathers, mothers, sons and daughters who are Muslim people of faith. Hitler certainly earned himself an enduring reputation when he spoke out against millions of Jews. And then carried his speaking out into the realm of acting out his bigotry and hatred.

So, how did these "friends of yours" get to be so much more "in the know" than you? "

Was there a secret handshake involved? Do they read comic books that require a higher level of reading skill? Or is it just the case that most anyone is more "in the know" than you?

All ridiculing humor aside, you make no sense whatsoever, but that shouldn't stop you from trying. Who knows with effort and application, you might get your infantile "arguments" to the point where they warrant refuting . If you lay off drinking so much of that summer wine. Very Happy Laughing Wink

PS. And I couldn't agree more with the Bobster about this example of deafening silence from our conservative friends in their (non) response to such blatant and dangerous racism. I think it is much more serious than the "Kraut" thing (no offense intended to Dogbert).

The Bobster wrote:

The challenge for you here is that some forms of prejudice and bigotry are so engrained that those who suffer the most from them can't even see them as such. I was raised in the (former) Confederate States of America, so I have a bit of familiarity with that type of moral blindness.

You can't use the excuse that this guy (?) is so brain dead that he doesn't even warrant responding to either. That's what a lot of Germans in the 1930's said about the Nazis. And we all know what that led to.

Time for some moral consistency, conservatives. Your silence is deafening.

R.S., I've come to the conclusion that you just don't have a fucking clue. I couldn't care less where you were raised but your pseudo moral superiority certainly seems to come from Canada rather than the southern U.S.

For the record, here's how I read this statement by Summer Wine:

To me it read as a put-down of President Bush (what else is new? Rolling Eyes ). I may be wrong about SW's intent, but it seems to be saying that he would be slamming Muslims if they didn't comprise a sizeable portion of the U.S. electorate. In other words, Bush, according to SW's friends, is a Muslim hater but can't/won't speak out because they may vote against him or the party. It's anti-Bush, not anti-Muslim. So, who's being inconsistent? That's right, R.S. and bob. What else is new?

That's the problem with libs. They cry racism and they don't even understand each other let alone a concept such as racism. Racism to liberals is a weapon to be used against people who disagree with them on political matters They never use the word on each other. That makes liberals worse and more worthy of loathing than a true racist.

Well done, R.S.!
The Bobster

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wannago wrote:
In other words, Bush, according to SW's friends, is a Muslim hater but can't/won't speak out because they may vote against him or the party. It's anti-Bush, not anti-Muslim.

Wow, do you really think Bush was counting a lot of American muslims to vote for him?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: