Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tony Blair: LIAR hat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mindmetoo

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Tony Blair: LIAR hat Reply with quote

Why is some woman standing next to Blair during his victory speech wearing a big white hat that says "LIAR" in big black letters? It's not "BLAIR" with the B missing due to the CNN camera angle. It would be funny, of course, that she didn't spell Blair right... Bliar. But liar? Is this some British designer? If so, do you want to stand next to someone you support but accused of being a liar with a hat that says "liar"?
LL Moonmanhead

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Tony Blair: LIAR hat Reply with quote

mindmetoo wrote:
Why is some woman standing next to Blair during his victory speech wearing a big white hat that says "LIAR" in big black letters? It's not "BLAIR" with the B missing due to the CNN camera angle. It would be funny, of course, that she didn't spell Blair right... Bliar. But liar? Is this some British designer? If so, do you want to stand next to someone you support but accused of being a liar with a hat that says "liar"?

Because a lot of people consider Blair to be a liar over his iraq policy. I think she has something to do with one of the anti-war partys, thus explaining the hat.
Hollywoodaction

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Tony Blair: LIAR hat Reply with quote

mindmetoo wrote:

I'm pretty sure she's one of the candidates who got a hundred votes or so in that riding.
tzechuk

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh, I can't believe he's won again!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
R. S. Refugee

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tzechuk wrote:
Argh, I can't believe he's won again!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Your optimism is charming, tzechuk. It's one of the many appealing things about you. Very Happy Laughing Wink
LL Moonmanhead

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tzechuk wrote:

Don't think we'll have to wait too long for Brown, if that makes you feel any better.
mindmetoo

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Tony Blair: LIAR hat Reply with quote

Hollywoodaction wrote:
mindmetoo wrote:

I'm pretty sure she's one of the candidates who got a hundred votes or so in that riding.

Ah. I didn't imagine the losing candidates would be up on stage too. Makes sense.
tzechuk

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Tony Blair: LIAR hat Reply with quote

mindmetoo wrote:
Hollywoodaction wrote:
mindmetoo wrote:

Ah. I didn't imagine the losing candidates would be up on stage too. Makes sense.

They all have to be up on the stage to listen to the results.
tzechuk

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R. S. Refugee wrote:
tzechuk wrote:

Your optimism is charming, tzechuk. It's one of the many appealing things about you. Very Happy Laughing Wink

Optimism is my middle name Wink Razz
tzechuk

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LL Moonmanhead wrote:
tzechuk wrote:

Don't think we'll have to wait too long for Brown, if that makes you feel any better.

I detest that man... [insert puking smiley here].
mindmetoo

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Tony Blair: LIAR hat Reply with quote

tzechuk wrote:
mindmetoo wrote:
Hollywoodaction wrote:
mindmetoo wrote:

They all have to be up on the stage to listen to the results.

Very interesting. In Canadian and American politics, each candidate throws his own little party and is never actually in the same room with the other candidates. How every egalitarian.

I assumed she was a supporter just wearing the latest British fashion. Ever since Camila wore that tree on her head at her wedding, I'm prepared to accept the British will wear anything on their head.

I guess if you're a real nut bar you want to run in Blair's riding and get your few seconds on stage wearing a LIAR hat.
LL Moonmanhead

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tzechuk wrote:
LL Moonmanhead wrote:
tzechuk wrote:

I detest that man... [insert puking smiley here].

Tzechuk, at least they are not Tories. Compared to that slimeball Howard they are positively delightful.

If Howard had got in people would begin to appreciate what Labour and Brown in particular have done for this county while Howard systematically destroyed the NHS and other public services.
hypnotist

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit late, but http://www.channel4.com/news/special-reports/special-reports-storypage.jsp?id=67 - more or less sums up why, had my postal vote arrived, I'd have voted Labour (or maybe Green, my MP had an easy ride to re-election).
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: